Gratitude ~ The Thread

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by SweetnessandLight, Nov 26, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I'm grateful for people who shop on eBay, pay cash, and when they show up to pick up their stuff, buy even more stuff with more cash (from me!). :biggrin:

2. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

I am off-the-charts grateful for peaches! Golden Queen peaches. We went out to the orchard today and bought loads of them. Plus plums, new season apples and fresh sweet corn.

There is nothing quite as delicious as fruit fresh straight from the tree. :)

3. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

:p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. sallydannce

So few words, but a world of possibility contained within them. :wink2:

Alas I shan't be writing about them this evening. Busy transcribing (hospice bio oral interview), intensely concentrating, highly focused, just on a short break. Truly grateful to be this up-close in someone's life. Just blows me away hearing a life story like this. :flowers:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I am grateful that there is someone on ESMB who reached out to me today to offer support and advice regarding a mentally unstable friend and who has the background and education to be really helpful.

The relief literally washed over me.

I've had so many people misunderstand due to (our) Scientology backgrounds that for years, it's been just about impossible to even describe the situation and I've just been keeping it bottled up. The misunderstandings just add to my personal stress over it.

It's not that I need to vent. I don't. What I needed was someone who has enough background in dealing with the mentally ill to help steer me in the right direction if I'm not doing it right or to confirm what I am doing right. It's just really difficult to do alone.

I didn't even know that was what I needed until this member approached me. What a kind thing to do.

What a big, wonderful effect on me for this act of kindness.

It then occurred to me that there may be carer support groups around here for that sort of thing, too, and I'm going to check it out.

The light is brighter. I am grateful for kindness and brotherhood from shared experiences. :)

6. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I'm also grateful that Eldritch loves and appreciates Mae West as much as I do.

As a young girl, my dad watched lots of westerns. I hated them. All these guys with guns acting like big shots and the women would act all stupid and insignificant and swooney around them in big uncomfortable dresses with wire hoops. They weren't like real people, more like decorations, background or there just to serve their men. Not a good image of women for a young girl.

Then I saw Mae West, and she was an equal, and she let the men know that. She knew she was intelligent, sexy and independent and wasn't afraid to show that.

As a role model, she wasn't bad at all. (Though I probably learned to be a bit too snippy from that, still, it was far better than the delicate idiot female role models!)

So I'm grateful that others have found and appreciate her wit, her humour, her intelligence and style. And I'm grateful to Mae West for making Westerns fun and showing women as intelligent, independent, interesting and with a sense of humour.

Thanks, Mae West!

[​IMG]

7. And I'm grateful she gave Cary Grant his start in the movies! :biggrin:

[​IMG]

SHE DONE HIM WRONG USA, 1933
    Director: Lowell Sherman
    Production: Paramount Pictures; black and white, 35mm; running time: 65 minutes. Released 1933. Filmed in Paramount studios.
    Producer: William LeBaron
    Screenplay: Mae West with Harvey Thew and John Bright (some sources do not list West with script)

8. Grateful for a beautiful warm Spring day here! :happydance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  9. sallydannce

Tonight I had dinner with my blind friend. We laughed and chatted as we shared a delicious meal - and ate apple pie which she had baked. So yummy! Noelle, the gorgeous black Labrador Guide-dog, sat quietly at my feet listening to our conversation. Perfect moments in life.

The other day we took Noelle to the vet for her 6-monthly check-up. Guide-dogs are very carefully monitored. It was interesting to observe the vet check her over. He was so wonderful with her and gave her a small special yummy treat after he had done all his checks. Noelle is in excellent condition/health and is an exceptional Guide-dog. Gratitude to vets who look after the health of beautiful valuable guide-dogs.

I'm starting a new adventure - about to explore my writing deeper. I've taken the plunge and I am now a full-time student on a writing program. I love my tutor, she totally "gets" me. I've committed myself for 12 months of serious writing - no idea where the journey will take me but taking it any way. Very very excited.

My life is full of rich experiences. I'm working with some amazing people on the Hospice Biography stuff. I am now more involved with the creative side and also the construction of the actual written biography - and the photos. It is great honour to be doing this work and to be this intimately involved in peoples lives.

My gratitude is vast - the journey that lead me to the work I now do serves me beautifully each and every day. I have built a life which is full of warmth, love, compassion, kindness, laughter and so many authentic moments. I hold great gratitude to all the people who have supported - and challenged - me along the way. Love to them all.

I am grateful to be alive and to be living such a rich meaningful live. :flowers:

10. Wonderful, just wonderful, sallydance! :happydance: So very grateful for you! :clap:

Well, Spring is here at the old Ranchito! :biggrin: The hills are green and the mountains are white!

I'm pulling weeds like crazy and barely making a dent in them... :ohmy: LIFE is busting out all over! :happydance:

[​IMG]

11. eldritch cuckoo

Attached Files:

12. Happy Passover, Happy Good Friday, Happy Easter weekend, Happy Spring Break! :happydance:

[​IMG]

13. Happy Passover, Happy Easter, everyone! I won't be climbing up Mt. Rubidoux this year for the Easter sunrise service, except in my memory! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Lovely, isn't it?

14. Life is Good! :happydance:

[​IMG]

15. It's Spring! Yucca and Scotch Broom blooming in our local mountains:

[​IMG]

16. And Summer is almost here! I'm grateful! :happydance:

[​IMG]

17. eldritch cuckoo

:)

[video=youtube;Ew7y_Uz4gT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew7y_Uz4gT0[/video]
    [Mae West - "I was sayin' to the Moon" (movie clip, 6:51)]