What's new

Greetings everyone!

Lord of Farsec

I'm an Ex SO "out ethics DB", born and raised in the cult, in and out of the SO 3 separate times. Last go around was over 15 years ago. After that I moved away from my family and tried to forget the whole mess. Recently watched Leah Remini's show on A&E and almost fell out of my chair when I saw a former coworker speaking out. Since then I've had to confront what I was a part of and it's really helped me deal with my issues instead of sweeping them under the rug. As y'all know, that's a shit ton of sweeping to do. I'd like to stay anonymous here since my family's still in the cult, but Co$ may damn well make that a non issue soon. We'll see. I typically do more lurking than posting but I do hope I have something to contribute on occasion.
Thank you folks for all you do!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Welcome! :welcome: You have come to the right place I think, enjoy your lurkings and (if you wish to remain anon) then do be careful and read through your posts before posting because there is a very dedicated (stupidly bored) group that has nothing better to do with their lives than raise shit with folks in their own cult.
You are obviously aware of this, I was just being Mr. Obvious :)

Oh Hai OSA! :eyeroll:

:p

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hey Lord of Farsec!

:welcome2:

I think you'll find of treasure of info archived here on ESMB.

I arrived around the beginning of summer in 2009 after I clicked onto the SP Times (now called Tampa Bay Times) looking for news on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and about fell out of MY chair when confronted with a picture of DM staring back at me. That's when the Truth Rundown was published.

It's a great series if you've not already read it.

Lord of Farsec

Thanks type 4, I appreciate it. Very interesting article as well. Had my own run in with miscavige in the mid '90s, he was touring our new building. I remember him being a very intense fellow with very intense stare. What really sticks with me though was one woman in his entourage. She fixed me with a scary look, stone faced, dead eyes.
I said "hi", he said "hi" and I found something else to do quickly!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thanks type 4, I appreciate it. Very interesting article as well. Had my own run in with miscavige in the mid '90s, he was touring our new building. I remember him being a very intense fellow with very intense stare. What really sticks with me though was one woman in his entourage. She fixed me with a scary look, stone faced, dead eyes.
I said "hi", he said "hi" and I found something else to do quickly!

I never had the pleasure of meeting DM. :omg:

I was only in the SO for a year, but an eventful year it was. I was out in '89, out of the SO and out of Scientology, and I had never heard of Miscavige back at that time.

But I was in Clearwater during my entire Sea Org experience and it was pretty insane.