What's new

Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years.

Mediaite - BREAKING: Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-greta-van-susteren-abruptly-leaving-fox-news-after-14-years/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Stalwart network anchor Greta Van Susteren will be leaving Fox News after a tenure of 14 years with the network.

Beginning today, Van Susteren’s slot hosting On The Record at 7 p.m. EST will be hosted instead by Brit Hume. The network’s new co-presidents Jack Abernethy and Bill Shine announced the news moments ago.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years.

Mediaite - BREAKING: Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-greta-van-susteren-abruptly-leaving-fox-news-after-14-years/

Stalwart network anchor Greta Van Susteren will be leaving Fox News after a tenure of 14 years with the network.

Beginning today, Van Susteren’s slot hosting On The Record at 7 p.m. EST will be hosted instead by Brit Hume. The network’s new co-presidents Jack Abernethy and Bill Shine announced the news moments ago.

Abruptly leaving?
Hmm...
Has Miscavige made Greta an offer she can't refuse?
After all, the SMP (Scientology Media Productions) isn't going to staff itself!

skep

Patron with Honors
Abruptly leaving?
Hmm...
Has Miscavige made Greta an offer she can't refuse?
After all, the SMP (Scientology Media Productions) isn't going to staff itself!

More likely she will tie in with Trump/Breitbart and crew in the media play that is being structured for after he loses. I can't see SMP actually PAYING staff, and van Sustern would continue to donate with a sizable contract at Trump media... if the Donald actually pays his bills.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
She was quoted saying

"Hasn't felt at home in years"

I wouldn't feel at home anywhere anymore if I was a Scientologist.

They're all in a catch 22 their only options are to lie or play stupid.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does anyone know if she has been active in Cof$ in recent years? I'm just wondering how big of an influence it has on her activities.

I think her leaving FOX has more to due with Roger Ailes situation, and the changing of the environment there.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Greta Van Susteren Hints at Interest in HLN Move on Twitter

Mediaite: Greta Van Susteren Hints at Interest in HLN Move on Twitter

http://www.mediaite.com/online/greta-van-susteran-hints-at-interest-in-hln-move-on-twitter/

Former Fox News host Greta Van Susteren ever-so-subtly hinted on Twitter that she would be interested in hosting a primetime show on HLN.

Politico’s Alex Weprin pointed out that HLN’s new 9 P.M. slot will soon be empty (following the departure of Dr. Drew) and that someone “with a legal background” would be ideal. Van Susteren had a long career as a criminal attorney and got her cable-news start hosting several legal-themed shows at CNN.

[SNIP]

In her statement following her departure, Van Susteren stated that “I hope to continue my career in broadcasting.”

As CNN’s Brian Stelter points out, Van Susteren can’t immediately make the jump to another network. Her contract with Fox contains a waiting period that would keep her from competing at one of their rival networks, but it’s unclear how long that period is.

Leland

Crusader
I recall back in the 90's in LA, Dr. Drew was the Medical Consultant on a late night call in radio show, out of Pasadena, called "Love Line."

"Love Line" was pretty racy...and no sexual topic was taboo.....

This was were Dr. Drew would perhaps comment upon Medical ramifications and such....of some caller's "situation." ( I believe there were 2 "Love Line" talk show hosts....and Dr. Drew was the third man on the show.)

I remember hearing that some of the SO personnel at PAC Base liked to listen to that show, late at night....and I heard that it was "banned"....as in put off limits. I also heard that Dr. Drew was put on the Cult's "Enemy List."

These were all rumors I picked up....at the Base...but believe them true.

Funny its mentioned so many years later....that Greta Van Susteren might replace Dr. Drew on a TV Show....

Edited: It looks like Dr. Drew has had a pretty successful career....despite being on the Cult's Enemy List.....going from a local LA radio show personality to a nation wide TV personality....

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Greta Van Susteren Hints at Interest in HLN Move on Twitter

Mediaite: Greta Van Susteren Hints at Interest in HLN Move on Twitter

http://www.mediaite.com/online/greta-van-susteran-hints-at-interest-in-hln-move-on-twitter/

Former Fox News host Greta Van Susteren ever-so-subtly hinted on Twitter that she would be interested in hosting a primetime show on HLN.

Politico’s Alex Weprin pointed out that HLN’s new 9 P.M. slot will soon be empty (following the departure of Dr. Drew) and that someone “with a legal background” would be ideal. Van Susteren had a long career as a criminal attorney and got her cable-news start hosting several legal-themed shows at CNN.

[SNIP]

In her statement following her departure, Van Susteren stated that “I hope to continue my career in broadcasting.”

As CNN’s Brian Stelter points out, Van Susteren can’t immediately make the jump to another network. Her contract with Fox contains a waiting period that would keep her from competing at one of their rival networks, but it’s unclear how long that period is.

Non-competes are pretty much unenforceable if they effectively prevent the worker from earning a livelihood in their chosen profession. My last employer didn't even bother with one, despite me possessing numerous trade secrets, I merely had an NDA. It would be interesting to see if she could challenge the waiting period in court. The legal advice I got indicates, unless there's some other clause, such as Fox still paying her during the waiting period, that she could win that challenge.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Interpreted in Scientologese:

Greta Van Susteran is getting her "ethics" in and getting honest and straight. She is giving all of her money to the IAS and signing the billion year contract to join the Sea Org and don the Naval Uniform.

Greta Van Susteran was regged by Tom Cruise - he promised she could be the Spokeshole at Scientology Media Productions :whistling: and "it worked like a charm"

oh...how that "tech" works to trick and decieve those clubbed seals...especially the Sell-Ebbs...David Miscavige has different plans for Greta Van Susteran - the Illegal PC who was working for "THE PSYCHS" all these years!!:omg::nervous:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

The plot thickens! But actually it appears she announced her resignation and was going to gracefully stick it out a few more weeks but they said "uh no buh-bye". And hints there will be a possible lawsuit. Her husband is, of course, a lawyer. Things could get more interesting. What a mess at Fox.

I'm still interested to know how active, or not, they are in the cult these days.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cr6y8L8XgAA9hwM.jpg

https://twitter.com/greta/status/774252935089909760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...r-ailes_us_57d2cb64e4b03d2d4599fade?section=&

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Greta did a one-sided, softball interview with fellow Scientologist Kerri Kasem who was battling Jean Kasem for control of the Casey Kasem estate.

The obvious conflict of interest and Gretas failure to disclose it, likely escaped the attention of Fox News execs at the time.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Greta did a one-sided, softball interview with fellow Scientologist Kerri Kasem who was battling Jean Kasem for control of the Casey Kasem estate.

The obvious conflict of interest and Gretas failure to disclose it, likely escaped the attention of Fox News execs at the time.

Hmm, just to give them the benefit of the doubt, if a Christian interviewer were interviewing a Christian they would probably not make any special disclosure but given the controversial nature of Scientology I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't have been some back room discussion about how to treat the subject with more delicacy.

The thing that gets me is that Greta cultivates an image of a person with a logical legal mind. Yet, it seems not only has she done OT III where she would be tracking down and expunging alien spirits from her body with an e-meter for hours, days, maybe weeks or months, but she seems to have then gone on to OT IV where now she would be tracking down and expunging alien spirits with drug problems.

Whenever I see her I can't help but want to have her explain in a logical legalistic fashion how that all makes sense to her and how she reconciled the Xenu mythology as she read it in real time? I don't see where she went on to do OT V so maybe an answer is buried in there somewhere.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hmm, just to give them the benefit of the doubt, if a Christian interviewer were interviewing a Christian they would probably not make any special disclosure but given the controversial nature of Scientology I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't have been some back room discussion about how to treat the subject with more delicacy.

The thing that gets me is that Greta cultivates an image of a person with a logical legal mind. Yet, it seems not only has she done OT III where she would be tracking down and expunging alien spirits from her body with an e-meter for hours, days, maybe weeks or months, but she seems to have then gone on to OT IV where now she would be tracking down and expunging alien spirits with drug problems.

Whenever I see her I can't help but want to have her explain in a logical legalistic fashion how that all makes sense to her and how she reconciled the Xenu mythology as she read it in real time? I don't see where she went on to do OT V so maybe an answer is buried in there somewhere.

I wondered the same. For an "intelligent person" to continue on with OT levels after they see what it's all about...makes me wonder about their actual intelligence. Another theory is they don't really believe the BS but they HAVE to play along because they are too socked into the cult world via family, friends, job, etc. They don't dare question. Like Paul Haggis explained in his interviews.

For some, it's continue on and pretend and keep the life you've built, or risk insanity and destruction trying to leave.

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
I wondered the same. For an "intelligent person" to continue on with OT levels after they see what it's all about...makes me wonder about their actual intelligence. Another theory is they don't really believe the BS but they HAVE to play along because they are too socked into the cult world via family, friends, job, etc. They don't dare question. Like Paul Haggis explained in his interviews.

For some, it's continue on and pretend and keep the life you've built, or risk insanity and destruction trying to leave.

I personally don't think intelligence has much if anything to do with continuing on the OT levels. I can't speak from personal experience because I never got that high on the so called Bridge. Hell, I never even made it on the first step other than a few introductory courses.

Take Christianity for example. There are those who say that Christ may have existed and may have been crucified but there's no way that he rose from the dead or was indeed God's son. However some of the greatest minds in our history have believed exactly that. So it must come down to Faith rather than intelligence.

And this reminds me of something that Hubbard wrote that I could never wrap my head around. I never understood what he was trying to say. Maybe I just went dumb on that subject. But if I remember correctly he said people do not have faith but that they are faith. I honestly thought about that long and hard but like I said I never could wrap my head around it. Anybody care to enlighten me?