What's new

Hello, and Thanks

Hello all,
I have been checking out many of the scn forums lately, and have found this one to be the one to join in to. You all seem to offer a very wide range of viewpoints, and a friendly atmosphere. Thank you to Emma, and all who make this possible.

I have been out of scn for several years, and I feel that I am pretty much over it. I was on staff for about 6 years, so I am aware of that horror story. Since then I went back to school, raised a family, a career, two kids through college, been married for almost 30 years to a girl I met in scn, and have a good life. It can be done, even after scn tries to suck you dry.

Just to be clear, I believe that scn is pure crap. They exist to separate you from your money, and more importantly, your freedom. That view is derived from what I saw many years ago, and from what I've read recently, it applies even more today.

Please forgive me if I don't want to be identified. I have a sister, still in, who is ot7, and just savors that cool-aid. I want to post some more on that situation later, and it's the reason that I am here. As many of you seem to know, there is a big push on right now to recover lost souls, and mine seems to be one of them. More of that later where it belongs.

Thanks again for being here,

AWH

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome2: aboard, AWH, cute username, :giggle:

And can't wait to hear more of your stories and Staff experiences!

I was on Staff for 4 yrs. (1 yr at WPB Mission, 91-92, 3 at Miami Org 92-95). And I'm glad I woke up fast and got outta there!

Tell what ya can, whan ya can!

Michelle

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Welcome AWH.

I look forward to your story, several OTVIIs are 'out', maybe someone could help you with your sister....if you like.

Good luck with the battle for your soul.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome, It's great to hear you have created a life for yourself and I look forward to seeing your thread on helping with the church trying to "recover" you. I recently had contact from an old friend in the SO trying to "recover" me too. I found it quite strange and creepy. It was so hard to tell the truth from the lies and my affinity for this individual clouded the issue too.

Knowing she believes what she is saying and knowing it is completely wrong is weird.

Almost Human

Carmel

Crusader
Hello and welcome AWH! :D This board is a good place to be! All the best, and looking forward to getting ta know ya! :thumbsup:

Div6

Crusader
Welcome, It's great to hear you have created a life for yourself and I look forward to seeing your thread on helping with the church trying to "recover" you. I recently had contact from an old friend in the SO trying to "recover" me too. I found it quite strange and creepy. It was so hard to tell the truth from the lies and my affinity for this individual clouded the issue too.

Knowing she believes what she is saying and knowing it is completely wrong is weird.

Almost Human

Welcome AWH!

Almost Human....this just begs for some narrative, if you can.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
Welcome AWH! Sorry to hear that the CoS is trying to recover you. I can tell from your intro that you are beyond recovery. Congratulations! :D :coolwink:

AWH - your story, I understand it, it's like my story, and probably many thousands of others, but it's not a mundane story at all, it's a story of power and strength. Thanks for speaking up.

Thanks for the nice welcome. I knew this was the right place.
I haven't really thought about scn for a bunch of years until recently. Then when sis started her ot levels, I started to get phone calls, stranger mail, and kind of wierd cryptic letters from her. I think it was good roads fair weather crap.
Anyhow, thanks, and I'll put that post where it belongs soon.

AWH