Hello everyone. Here for my very first visit.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by disilluzioned, Aug 23, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

See below.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  2. strativarius

Here's the RPF I was in. As you will see, it's totally unlike any you've read about here before. This is a description written by Dart Smohen, a seemingly lapsed esmb'er. What an RPF it was! - Stratty.

In early November 1974 Hubbard sent a telex to St Hill (UK - England, you know, the country who just thumped the
    Ozzies at cricket). He ordered me to the RPF because several GO staff had been swindled in a commodity options
    scheme and I had "encouraged" a couple of public to get involved (So I could reg them for their profits, which
    I did).

We were based at Stonelands and at first we lived in the boathouse, which was very cold and damp. We were not
    going to put up with that, so we took over a small storage building and made it very snug and warm.
    After the crew had breakfast we were told we had to wash up. Robin Scott was the cook and we told him ; no
    breakfast = no washing up. So, we had a leasurely breakfast, did the washing up and decided what we would do
    that day. Sometimes we would clear the drive in, litter, undergrowth etc.

After evening meal we retired to the basement where we studied and processed. As the senior tech party I c/s'ed
    the auditing. If the weather was poor or cold we worked on projects indoors.

Sopmetimes there was no crew bus to take us to St Hill to work, so we would hitch lifts from passing public
    and congregate at the Stables barn where the Estates I/C worked. We would discuss what was urgent and what
    wasn't. He may have thought he was in charge of us, but that was simply an illusion. One of the more physical
    jobs we had was to dig the trenches for the new auditing block. After this we had to put the "flashing" down.
    (Concrete, for the uninitiated). I remember we had this lunatic called Martin Huber on the RPF. He was Swiss
    and we called him "Huberoid". (One time he was told to sit on the branch of a tree which streched across the
    St Hill garages. If anyone asked why he was there he had to tell them it was because he was a robot).
    Anyway, we used to wheel the concrete to the edge of the trench and tip it in. Then it would be spread out.
    Huber, without looking, simply tipped his wheelbarrow into the trench - all over this firey red headed Scottish
    lad who picked up a shovel and chased Martin down the hill, both of them weaving through staff who were coming
    to and from the canteen.

When it was not so cold we went down to the lake and pulled weeds. That is, I sat in a deckchair and supervised
    the crew rowing about in a small boat pulling out weeds and loading up the front of the boat.
    Roger Buckeridge acted as the crew butcher. He had experience in Oz. So we would purchase prime steak from
    him - paying him and getting a written receipt.

This led to an outrage from the regular crew one night. We held a graduation party and had steak, chips,
    mushrooms etc, all paid for by ourselves. The crew had eaten macaroni cheese! I remember Bruce Gluchachow
    trying to demand we got an extra three months for this outrage. We somply produced our receipts to the GO
    and the matter was squashed. (yes, we did have a quiet word with Bruce as well).

Certain foods were allocated, particularly butter and sugar. As the RPF we had our allocation. Somehow,
    quite magically, we seemed to receive more than our allocation. Toward the end of the week the crew had
    run out of these items. Robin, the cook, used to come to us to bargain for some of our allocation. In
    exchange we got greater portions of meat, bread, deserts etc.

All in all we ensured we got through our completion program properly. We were never short of female company.
    Some of the ladies in the SO living at Stonelands used to quietly pop down and see us ( Anyone remember
    ********?). To preserve this young lady''s modesty I've deleted her name - stratty.

In order to graduate we had to take our CSW to each staff member and ask them to sign their approval. I
    had one scumbag who refused to sign - Pedro Doria. Karma happens. Within a few months I was chairman of
    his com ev. Guess what? He was found guilty and declared SP.

All in all I was on the RPF for about 4 months. I graduated in about March 1975. The day I graduated, one
    of our public, Peter Paynter, a good friend, took me to London to the Playboy Club to celebrate. In December
    1975 I left the SO along with my wife and new baby. The living conditions at Stonelands were unsuitable
    and the nursery conditions squalid.

I trust this dispels any doubts you may harbour as to whether or not I was on the RPF. As you can see, we
    did not succumb to the concept that we were less than we were. When we moved about regular staff got out of
    our way.

Mick Parkee, Tony Marsh, Mike Phillips. Norman Wade, Martin Huber, The Scottish lad whose name I forget
    (he married a multimillionairess), these were some of those who shared the trip.
    Dart

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

Welcome!
    FOT was also my first book and same timeframe.
    People ask how or why, but we know, during that period it was damn near impossible to do due diligence.
    I was young and very naive but I still went to my public library for more information.
    Of course all critical books had been stolen (or possibly never aquired).
    And no one I knew had ever heard of scientology.
    Just a dumb kid at loose ends far from home.

I guess we can all rejoice a bit in how times have changed, and just keep getting the word out so it stops happening to others, permanently.

One thing staff does prepare you for is working two jobs and still feeling like you’re living the high life;)

I’m very glad to hear you’ve bounced back with aplomb, bygones and all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst

I certainly believed you. Having never been through it I'd have no basis to dispute your vivid recollection nor would I feel any inclination to dispute it. I assume you didn't mean me but I just wanted to be clear on it, no pun intended.

5. strativarius

This isn't my vivid recollection Dags, this is Dart's, and to be quite honest, although he was something of a revered figure here on esmb, for my money he could be, well, let's put it this way, a little economical with the truth. For a start, the whole time I was in the RPF we did live in the boathouse at Stonelands, and if you want to dig out La La Lou Lou's account of those times, (yes, he was there with us too and I'm sure you can find them if you look hard enough) you'll see that that's true. He also writes that I regularly broke into the cook's stores and stole food for us RPF'ers, something which I never ever did.

One thing is for sure though. Far from being a bunch of DB's and stat-crashers, the whole of SH staff held us in very high regard, and if they needed a job doing and doing well they called on us and we never let them down.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

Did you have to do an "External Influences" checksheet? If so, could you tell us what was on it as best you can remember?
    Thanks!

7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hey disilluzioned!

:welcome2:

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Welcome.

That sounds like the old Martinique Hotel.

Were they still showing the (actor) Stephen Boyd's short film extolling Scientology at that time?

Also, at that time, the old Grade Chart, with old OT 8 at the top ("Total Power") was still used.

Turns out old OT 8, though sold to people, never existed.

The promise of "Total Power" boomed Scientology and made Hubbard millions.

In the Martinique Academy
    [​IMG]
    Leonard Cohen in the New York Org Academy, approx. circa 1969.

While public persons - especially pampered celebrities - occasionally saw Sea Org people marching about in their lint covered doorman uniforms, they were unaware of the abuses occurring behind the scenes.

The Scientological Onion

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

I also went to the library when I first encountered scn. Robert Kaufman's Inside Scientology had been stolen (the guy who did it later told me about it), but they left The Scandal of Scientology and Scientology: The Now Religion on the shelves. Kaufman's book was considered especially heinous because it revealed details of the upper levels.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Yes, in the 1970s my college library only had one book about Scientology that was written by a non-Scientologist.
    The author was Omar Garrison.

11. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

Welcome. We like newcomers. I made first contact in 1950 ( Book 1), and I resigned in 1983.

12. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I've got that book - "The Hidden Story Of Scientology". I bought it at my local org along with his other book: "The Secret World Of Interpol".

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Garrison wasn't exactly a "non Scientologist" as most people would think of it. He worked directly for Scientology, took their information uncritically and relayed it as his own in his books, written under contract for Scientology.

Garrison was, at first, sympathetic to Scientology, then was used by Scientology and made a fool of.

He finally began to awaken to what was happening during the LRH Biography project.

I've read former official LRH biographer Omar Garrison's 'Working points/proposal' for the aborted late 1970s LRH biography. Garrison was uneasy with the project. He was - then - struggling to find a way to write an actual serious adult biography of Hubbard. You know, one thick volume with lots of words as with any serious adult biography. As I recall, he, out of desperation, went so far as to suggest that this biography be a new kind of "creative" biography, one that focused not on the past, but on the future, and one that was not about its subject's (Hubbard's) life (as it actually occurred), but featured short essays by Hubbard including unchallenged statements by himself about himself.

This was necessary as Hubbard had lied so extensively about himself, and had "erased" (made into non persons) almost everyone he had known.

Garrison was struggling with what he was beginning to see was an impossible project. Finally, he threw up his hands in frustration and quit, and ended up testifying at Armstrong vs Church of Scientology in 1984, on the side of Armstrong and against Scientology.

The current "biographer" Dan Sherman has adopted some of Garrison's ideas, and then - to create the illusion of comprehensiveness - produced a ridiculous series of puffed up, coffee table, picture books.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst

Inside Scientology and The Scandal of... were the two books that I stumbled upon at the library one day in the mid 70's when I was just chilling & killing time by reading whatever I could find of interest in the philosophy section, which was how I stumbled upon Fundamentals of Thought when I was in 10th grade after hearing a lot about Scn from the brother down the street of a frequently blown ASHO sea org member who'd come home with them to stay till he went back over and over again.
    If not for those books I'd not have known that it all devolves into a second rate spinoff on demonology, which pried my mind away from the indoctrinations that had entrapped me into it. My clam roommate at the time had recently read Scandal which put him in heavy doubt about Scn and thereby had put the book on my radar. Best thing that ever happened to me! I'm eternally grateful to those authors. I think that's why Hubbard started jacking up the prices at that time because he felt that the jig was about to be up and that he should quickly extract all the cash from the organizations he could while he still was able to. That may have been the recommendation of his legal council.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I haven't done a checksheet, but from what I recall of the contexts where the phrase is used, an "external influence" is anything which might affect an org staff member outside of the official "command lines". Staff moonlights for somebody not completely under the thumb of WISE = "external influence". Staff has a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse not on staff = "external influence".

The ideal is for the staff to be in a position where, if he gets offloaded or declared, he will find himself jobless, friendless, and homeless. Anything that would get in the way of this is to be eliminated as an "external influence".

16. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron with Honors

I also knew someone in my local org who stole anti-Scientology books from the library and shredded them. Not sure whether he decided to do that of his own accord, or whether it was suggested to him as an amends project by someone in the org.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  17. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Dr. Hubbard's entire scientific oeuvre is focused upon discovering and eradicating external influences from a source outside of an "ideal" org, et al. Examples follow:

-- engrams: a fundamental external influence from outside of one's "ideal" analytical mind.

-- body thetans: an advanced external influence from outside of this planet. Way outside! Like Billions of light years outside---from whence these very un-ideal beings were shipped to parasitically terrorize and debilitate the Ideal Beings called OTs.

18. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

I see your point, but. . .

Scientologists actually do not decide to do anything on their own accord, preferring instead to do what was "suggested to them" by L. Ron Hubbard in his bulletins, policies, directives, and the secretive sociopathic scripture contained in black ops.

PAN DETERMINED

SELF DETERMINED

OTHER DETERMINED​

That last one describes and defines every true-beleiving, KSW, Ideal Scientologist. The "other" party is obviously the Source of the hoax, Dr. Hubbard Himself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  19. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

The guy I knew did it at the behest of the GO (forerunner of OSA). Later, he also infiltrated a "squirrel" group for them. His mission there was to get them to be more squirrelly, i.e. less standard-tech. The idea was the more they departed from standard tech the worse results they'd get and people would leave the group. So much for "any auditing is better than no auditing."

20. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

... :dieslaughing: :duh: :hmm: :confused: :nooo: :ohmy: :scratch:

[​IMG]

Attached Files: