What's new

Hello

Zoe Archibald

Hi there - I'm a never-in looking to learn more about Scientology from those who have experienced it. I have been following the daily reports by Tony Ortega over at The Bunker and usually Mike Rinder's blog. I have also been lurking here quite a lot reading through your old threads because Google often provides a link when I search for stuff I don't understand. Its not too difficult to get plain answers to my endless questions but there are splendid and valuable nuances to be found in discussions rather than explanations. If that makes sense. Your archives are a unique resource.

Webber517gdw

I'm also a never in . What got me interested in the cult was South park. I thought that episode was so funny. So I started reading the underground bunker. And Mike Rinders blog. I then read Jon Attacks A Piece of Blue Sky and Russel Millers Messiah and Mad Man. And what really really made me start understanding the true evil of this mine controlling brain fuckery was Beyond Belief. I stopped laughing after that.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome2:

Anything you want to know, just look around the board or ask a question. There is a wealth of knowledge and information here.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hi Zoe,

:welcome2:

Lots of threads here with first hand stories about life in scientology.

Also, some good books out there as well from Scientologists, including from Nancy Many, Amy Scobee, Marc Headley, and others.

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I'm also a never in . What got me interested in the cult was South park. I thought that episode was so funny. So I started reading the underground bunker. And Mike Rinders blog. I then read Jon Attacks A Piece of Blue Sky and Russel Millers Messiah and Mad Man. And what really really made me start understanding the true evil of this mine controlling brain fuckery was Beyond Belief. I stopped laughing after that.

Welcome! Having read those books, you know far more about the secret/hidden history of Scientology than all Scientologists.
The harder part to understand for a never-in is the auditing and group euphoria that serves as the attraction to the trap.
Lots of good stories here. Ask away!

Zoe Archibald

Spooky. We seem to have followed a similar path. I do vaguely remember that "Trapped in the Closet" episode when it came out, or maybe I saw a rerun a couple of years later, but, sorry to say, I wasn't a South Park fan. Its only recently that I've sat and watched it properly. I agree, it is very funny. Such great work by "John Smith" and "Jane Smith". What got me initially interested in learning more about the cult was a colleague who was already a Scientology watcher. She would regularly tell us these bizarre tales about what she'd learned or what was going on. She bought a few copies of Jenna Miscavige Hill's "Beyond Belief" when it came out in early 2013 and gave one to me. It was that which tipped me down the rabbit hole. Jon Attack and Russell Miller's books seem to be essential entry-level reading for never-ins. Same goes for our "bible", "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright. I was told fairly early-on that if I wanted to understand Hubbard I should read his "Affirmations" and if I wanted to understand Scientology I should read Hubbard's "Brain-Washing" manual. It was good advice. Also very helpful for me has been the work Tony Ortega has done where he and Vance Woodward guide readers through Dianetics, and where he and Claire Headley take us Up The Bridge.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Spooky. We seem to have followed a similar path. I do vaguely remember that "Trapped in the Closet" episode when it came out, or maybe I saw a rerun a couple of years later, but, sorry to say, I wasn't a South Park fan. Its only recently that I've sat and watched it properly. I agree, it is very funny. Such great work by "John Smith" and "Jane Smith". What got me initially interested in learning more about the cult was a colleague who was already a Scientology watcher. She would regularly tell us these bizarre tales about what she'd learned or what was going on. She bought a few copies of Jenna Miscavige Hill's "Beyond Belief" when it came out in early 2013 and gave one to me. It was that which tipped me down the rabbit hole. Jon Attack and Russell Miller's books seem to be essential entry-level reading for never-ins. Same goes for our "bible", "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright. I was told fairly early-on that if I wanted to understand Hubbard I should read his "Affirmations" and if I wanted to understand Scientology I should read Hubbard's "Brain-Washing" manual. It was good advice. Also very helpful for me has been the work Tony Ortega has done where he and Vance Woodward guide readers through Dianetics, and where he and Claire Headley take us Up The Bridge.

Also essential reading imo is Jefferson Hawkins series on Scientology Ethics, which you can find at the Bunker, linked to his name. (I'll add direct link later when not this phone)

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi there - I'm a never-in looking to learn more about Scientology from those who have experienced it. I have been following the daily reports by Tony Ortega over at The Bunker and usually Mike Rinder's blog. I have also been lurking here quite a lot reading through your old threads because Google often provides a link when I search for stuff I don't understand. Its not too difficult to get plain answers to my endless questions but there are splendid and valuable nuances to be found in discussions rather than explanations. If that makes sense. Your archives are a unique resource.

Welcome.

Here's some "fun" reading about what it's like to be a salesman in Scientology:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?19933-The-Reg-Corner&highlight=The+Reg+Corner

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome. Lest anyone get confused, you're mixing up two books here (see bold). It's Russell Miller's "Bare-faced Messiah" and Bent Corydon's "L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman," both excellent.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
'Nother :welcome: to ya,
I'm also a 'never-in', though my road to critic/observer/Anon was a different one (I knew folks who were in and became good friends with a chap who was in for many years from the mid-sixties to a bit after Hubbard's demise when he finally fled the insanity and went into hiding), and started nearly 15 years ago. Its been a fulfilling hobby of sorts and I do enjoy educating people in my circle about damaging culty behaviour and pissing on Hubbard's poo.
One site I highly recc'd is our own EtherCat's "Through the door" exit-survey, lots of interesting reading there, albeit there are a few there with a foot still wedged up Lron's bum, most are those that escaped and just want to live their lives without the utter crap-pile the old windbag foisted upon humanity.

http://alley.ethercat.com/door/

:cheers: