Help tab

Discussion in 'ESMB Public Announcements' started by Emma, Sep 12, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I've created a new tab on the top navigation bar called help.

[​IMG]

If you click on this you'll be taken to a a bunch of threads that give the forum rules & other help guides for using the board. I've only just begun with the help guides. There will be more coming but if you've got any suggestions please let me know.

Transitioning to new software can be off-putting. I hope these guides help.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Emma wrote:

"Transitioning to new software can be off-putting. I hope these guides help."

Too true, Mate . . . but this old dog is getting the hang of it thanks to your ever on-going helps and refinements!:bighug:

3. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Soooo how do you edit the post heading? I wanted to capitalize my latest thread title - in ESMB V.1 you could do it in advanced edit, but I can't see how to do it in ESMB V.2

Can you tell me how to solve this, other than proof reading before hitting send?

Mimsey

4. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Uuum, that's not easy to answer because I'd have to "un-admin" myself to check, but I believe if you click on "thread tools" then "edit thread" you should be able to edit the title.

5. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

You truly are Emma, of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

That worked like a charm.

Mimsey

[​IMG]

6. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

Wait... my navigation bar doesn't look like that. I want the My Posts button back.

7. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

If you go to the top right of any page you'll see 4 little buttons ... hit the one on the left (the same one you use to find your logout button) and a list will pop up ... hit your profile page (near your name on the top right, under the golden cups) and you will you find your posts button (it's called postings now).

:D

8. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

OK. I did that, but it was several 'steps'. I just want it like it used to be where the 'My Posts" button was there and you could click on it.
    Is there some way to put the "postings" button up on the navigation bar in plain sight?

9. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

LOL!

No, there jolly well isn't ... (I don't know, @Emma may be willing to move it for you though, if you ask her really nicely).

:sulk: