Hey guys

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rgracesanchez, Aug 23, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. rgracesanchez

rgracesanchez New Member

Hi i'm new here, i recently escaped from Scientology and just need some support. My name is Rachel and i am 16 I ran away and left my mom and dad who were in the sea org. I am currently staying at a hotel with the little money I have and currently talking with authorites.

2. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Hi, Rachel!

3. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

4. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

Welcome, Rachel!

:heartflower:

You certainly sound like a courageous young woman. What a major step you've taken! And congrats on having the smarts to work with the authorities. They'll get you the services you need.

I know you feel heartbroken at leaving your family behind, but you'll find a lot of company on this board from folk who've had to walk your path.

Congrats on taking the reins on your life. It will only get better from here.

:cheerleader:

5. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Hi, Rachel. Do you have family contacts who are not Scientologists?

6. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

You're doing the right approach. Talk to the police and Child Protective Services, tell them you are fleeing an abusive situation in a cult, and you wish help. They might put you with a foster-care family until you are 18, unless you have family outside the cult who you feel safe with.

7. EZ Linus

EZ Linus BT-free since 2003!

Hi Rachel,

Welcome out. That's a big deal what you just did. Are you using a phone or a computer to connect with us?

Please tell the police that you'd rather file for emancipation. I still think however, since you don't have any money and you are under 18, they will have to place you - temporarily - into a foster care family. This is not that bad because you will be provided with wrap-around services - meaning you'll have a therapist and a social worker that can help you apply for emancipation. You can PM me if you want to know steps you might need to take - but it could be overwhelming at first. I don't know where you are emotionally, so I wouldn't know how to guide you through emancipation since you are very newly out.

I was emancipated at 14 many years ago. It might be different now, but I can certainly help a little.

8. ethercat

ethercat Cat in flight

Hi Rachel,

I'm the admin here, and I just want to caution you about responding to any PMs or posts that ask for specific information from you, like where you are, full name, etc. I don't think anyone who's replied in the thread is a problem, but we do from time to time get scientology trolls or OSA who we're not aware of contacting people and asking for personal info. I think sticking with the authorities would be best. :)

Your other post got stuck in moderation because you're new, but we'll just leave it since you were able to post this. :wink2:

Good luck!

9. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

Stay on ESMB, Rachel. The Ex Community is here for you.
    Good luck, Honey.:hug:

10. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hi Rachel!

:welcome2:

11. Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie Patron with Honors

I am sorry you do not have the family that every child should have. You have a community here that does care.

I am both a child of Scientology and a mother and the mother is talking now.

Trust but verify - not everyone will have your best interest at heart. Don't settle for help from anyone that you do not feel good about - trust your gut. Learn as you go... and go slowly.

Ask the authorities for a guardian ad litem that will be assigned to ONLY look after your best interest legally.

Make a list of family or friends that are not in the sciobot world - someone might be willing to look after you while you are a minor BUT make sure you are totally comfortable with anyone you live with.

Continue your education - finish school and go to trade school or college. You will have funding options due to your circumstances that can help. If you want to, and are old enough in your state, consider a GED and go on to community college then you can change to a four year college after you get your two year degree. Pay as you go and NEVER get a student loan, it will take longer but getting out debit free will be worth it.

Start reading everything you can on any topic that interests you - not just the internet but real books. Get involved in a cause or causes that interest you. Save the whales, knitting, poetry or what ever. Do not get tunnel vision - always have varied interests... one focus as you know is not healthy.

Expect "recovery" to take time... it will not happen overnight. But as you move into the "normal" world you will find the good and bad, the beauty and the beast. That is what normal is... a world of only beauty does not exist but learning how to appreciate the beauty and deal with the beast is part of being normal. Get counseling and avoid the pitfalls of drinking & drugs - many getting out of cults fall into that trap.

You have much to learn, much to share and much to experience. You will be older and wiser in many ways than your pears... this can be a challenge but also an asset.

You have taken a scary first step - the next steps will be just as challenging but you will never have to take that first step again... it is done.

Come back for hugs, love & support. We will be pulling for you.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: