Hi im new with questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lightweight, Dec 17, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

I was in scn almost 7 years and never saw one. I was a Class IV auditor. I never did the OT levels. I got the impression that's where you mainly saw a floating TA.

Edit: Maybe you're thinking of a persistent F/N? A floating needle that just won't quit? Those I saw.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

You crank the sensitivity way up and voilà, you have a floating TA.

3. pineapple

Maybe that was it. When I first started auditing I used to set the sens high because I was afraid of missing reads. As I became more confident I started setting it lower. I wanted it high enough to see reads but not so high the needle was always falling off the dial. I'd usually start out at sens 8 and often turned it down as the session went on and the needle got looser, to 5 or sometimes even 3.

4. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Yeh, but volatile and emotional people send the TA all over the place, too.

5. Bill

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear about what I was taking about. If you have a "floating needle" and if you have the sensitivity cranked up, you will then have a "floating TA". Like the other "needle phenomena", it doesn't mean anything.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

(deleted)

7. charles

charles Patron

ok thanks thats interesting. But i still can't get my head around this fact. Someone goes in session - eg on r6 ew and says they watch the meter and ask the question and they can see the 'charge' blow off they get huge win....i really dont get what the heck is going on there. what are they seeing and why are they getting 'cognitions' it doesn't make any sense - i don't think being on a meter gives a high in itself as its so random and the 'highs' only come on certain questions....??

8. Bill

This is the question that has never been studied or answered. It is a fact that the wonderful results promised by Hubbard have never been achieved through the "tech". So what does the meter show? Never studied, never figured out.

9. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

One PC of mine went to floating TA in a couple years as an auditor and shortly before Kathie and I decamped from FCDC my auditor indicated I had one.

I also had one PC come up with a Rockslamming TA. For forty minutes the TA would shoot up to 4.1 and the needle r/sing when I got there and it would dive to the right. I'd chase it down to 3.6 and it would r/s and pin to the left; up,down; up, down 40 minutes and then pc gave up a WH and the needle dove right. I chased it all the way down to 1.4 where the r/s continued. Needle pinned left up to 1.8 and the r/sing TA continued for five minutes. The overt in question concerns what is often held to be the Ultimate Evil.

10. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

The ultimate evil? Saying Ron was a quack?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  11. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Was he promising people enlightenment in exchange for all their assets, and then not delivering it?

12. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Far worse than that...

However I have often wondered if my PC was actually touching on Hubbard's crime not his own...

13. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Was it something about implanting civilizations?

14. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

My hypothesis is that this is a brain endorphin or dopamine effect.

1. The tiny e-meter electric current does not create it.
    2. There are no hypnotic induction techniques being used.
    3. There is no, so-called, "charge" being released/as-ised.

Nothing is being erased in the mind.
    Something is being generated in the brain.

15. pineapple

Barry Manilow?

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

you're getting close

17. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Must be 'The Donald' then ...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  18. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

No. The Ultimate Evil in Scn is homosexuality... what Barry Manilow is.

19. pineapple

Nah, there's way eviler stuff than that ...

20. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Manilow? Homosexual? No way! Next you'll be telling me Liberace was gay too.