Hi & welcome back

Discussion in 'ESMB Public Announcements' started by Emma, Sep 4, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

Now you know how it feels to have something not work on the fooking computer. Lol!

2. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Oh, that happens to me at least ten times every day because I'm always fucking around with my computers, like getting a program to work properly or something.

It's a mystery to me why my post hasn't appeared in the new posts column though, I don't think it's anything I've done wrong.

As far as I can see, your post (the one I'm replying to) hasn't appeared in the 'New Posts' column either.

ETA: Oh, the penny has finally dropped and I see how this works now, only the latest post on a thread appears in the 'New Posts' column. Doh!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thanks for fixing the stat thing, Emma:)

4. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

HI Foti, It looks a bit different but essentially it's still the same. I've added a "recent posts" button up the top and that should help with find your way around.

5. Emma

Here is the logic....

You posted the post. You typed it and crafted it with love :) Then you posted it and you had a look at it in the thread. You might have even edited it after seeing it live. To xenForo (and it was the same with vBulletin) it's no longer a "new post" - not to you anyway - you've seen it. It's no longer "new". This threw me for a loop too when I first encountered this with vBulletin.

Fortunately the fix is the same as it was in vBulletin - look up on the menu row & you'll see "recent posts" now. Click that and you'll see all the latest posts (I'm not sure how far back it goes). I think that will fix things.

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

The lower right half of the screen has a lot of empty space. Is there any way of filling that empty space with "New threads" as a category, to supplement the "New posts" which would be above it?

7. Emma

Yeah I'm trying to work out the best way to do that. Stay tuned.

8. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Tip for Firefox . . . and possibly other browsers.

If the onscreen text is too small for ya, hold down Crtl and press + a few times to make the text larger.

Can be used on most any website where you find reading is difficult.

I run Ubuntu 16.04 operating system with Firefox and the text seems pretty tiny without using this trick. YMMV

9. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Ahhhh, thank you for putting the original logo back up. Now I feel at home.

Much better! :)

10. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Thanks Emma. I've started to figure it out.

11. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Sorry......just initial confusion with the new site. I'm okay now.

12. skep

skep Patron with Honors

What is the difference between "New posts and threads" and "Recent posts and threads"? Sounds redundant and confusing to me.

13. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

I'd guess new is what you haven't read (yet), and recent is what was recently posted, whether you read it or not'.

14. Emma

Correct :hattip:. I'm working on taking away some of the duplication/redundancy of these nav bar items.

15. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017