What's new

HOW $CIENTOLOGY MANIPULATED CLEARWATER (and my part in it)

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
FACT: In 1979 my husband, son and I moved from LA to Florida. (After a brief stay too close to my Mom, we moved outside of Tampa--to Brandon, FL-outside of Tampa). Shortly after, we moved to Largo, FL--next to Clearwater, Fl.:yes:

FACT: I was asked to speak to Milt Wolfe--then working for the Guardian's office. :eyeroll: :yes:
He explained to me how A) This is *TOTALLY* Top Secret! And B) "We came here on a lie. We had heard the FBI were going to plant drugs on LRH's ship as he came a shore....so he zoomed around to Clearwater, bought the Ft Harrison under another name. Richard Tenney's entire program is based on we are liars...so WE cannot handle it. You need to, Tory! (Here I was, a Mother of a 2 year old---never did *a* thing for OSA and barely knew what they did). Me? Ok, fine. So I did what I do best...I went and TALKED with the people. This was the beginning of my "Helping" OSA. Note: At the time there were only about 4-6 public Scios living in Clearwater, Fl. I got most to come help me.

FACT: The town *hated* $cientology then, and I was asked to "Handle" it as "We came here on a lie, and Richard Tenney's Program is: "Save Sparkling Clearwater, Stamp Out Scientology". Richard T was the City Commissioner running for Mayor AFTER $cientology ran and discredited the Clearwater Mayor, Gabe Cazares. I knew Nothing of this program against Gabe..or even who he was. My main "job" was to go out and talk with the people, ask questions...try to get them to see our side.

FACT: I began going out trying to talk with the people. Here is a photo of gangs of local citizens, then, up in arms about $cientology taking over their city. :omg:

FACT: I went to meetings with Richard and even joined "Save Sparkling Clearwater, Stamp out Scientology" :nervous:

FACT: When Richard Tenney showed up and said he was NOT my city commissioner---just because I was a Scientologist, Richard Leibe was working for the "Clearwater Sun" then, arrived,and was furiously writing down out conversation. :typing:

FACT: I ripped his notebook out of his hands and told him: "IF YOU **EVER** WRITE *A* WORD ABOUT ME THAT IS NOT TRUE...I WILL PERSONALLY COME TO YOUR HOUSE TO HANDLE IT". :wife: (I've never hit anyone in my life...but he did piss me off then, as I'd been told he wrote tons of lies about Scios. I now realize he was probably writing FACTS they did not want known. :thumbsup:

FACT: Richard Tenney was finally voted out of office, and OSA paid me $12,000 in Training awards, of which I never used any as I felt it was 'dirty $$" even when "in". :no: My deepest apologies to Richard Tenney!

Here's a video of that time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtXUz07cYSs

With all of these law suits coming up...I thought this *may* help in some of the history.

My best to all :flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
FACT: In 1979 my husband, son and I moved from LA to Florida. (After a brief stay too close to my Mom, we moved outside of Tampa--to Brandon, FL-outside of Tampa). Shortly after, we moved to Largo, FL--next to Clearwater, Fl.:yes:

FACT: I was asked to speak to Milt Wolfe--then working for the Guardian's office. :eyeroll: :yes:
He explained to me how A) This is *TOTALLY* Top Secret! And B) "We came here on a lie. We had heard the FBI were going to plant drugs on LRH's ship as he came a shore....so he zoomed around to Clearwater, bought the Ft Harrison under another name. Richard Tenney's entire program is based on we are liars...so WE cannot handle it. You need to, Tory! (Here I was, a Mother of a 2 year old---never did *a* thing for OSA and barely knew what they did). Me? Ok, fine. So I did what I do best...I went and TALKED with the people. This was the beginning of my "Helping" OSA. Note: At the time there were only about 4-6 public Scios living in Clearwater, Fl. I got most to come help me.

FACT: The town *hated* $cientology then, and I was asked to "Handle" it as "We came here on a lie, and Richard Tenney's Program is: "Save Sparkling Clearwater, Stamp Out Scientology". Richard T was the City Commissioner running for Mayor AFTER $cientology ran and discredited the Clearwater Mayor, Gabe Casares. I knew Nothing of this program against Gabe..or even who he was. My main "job" was to go out and talk with the people, ask questions...try to get them to see our side.

FACT: I began going out trying to talk with the people. Here is a photo of gangs of local citizens, then, up in arms about $cientology taking over their city. :omg:

FACT: I went to meetings with Richard and even joined "Save Sparkling Clearwater, Stamp out Scientology" :nervous:

FACT: When Richard Tenney showed up and said he was NOT my city commissioner---just because I was a Scientologist, Richard Libe was working for the "Clearwater Sun" then, arrived,and was furiously writing down out conversation. :typing:

FACT: I ripped his notebook out of his hands and told him: "IF YOU **EVER** WRITE *A* WORD ABOUT ME THAT IS NOT TRUE...I WILL PERSONALLY COME TO YOUR HOUSE TO HANDLE IT". :wife: (I've never hit anyone in my life...but he did piss me off then, as I'd been told he wrote tons of lies about Scios. I now realize he was probably writing FACTS they did not want known. :thumbsup:

FACT: Richard Tenney was finally voted out of office, and OSA paid me $12,000 in Training awards, of which I never used any as I felt it was 'dirty $$" even when "in". :no: My deepest apologies to Richard Tenney!

Here's a video of that time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtXUz07cYSs

With all of these law suits coming up...I thought this *may* help in some of the history.

My best to all :flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

What a wonderfully educational and emotional trip down memory lane Tory.

From a fellow traveler along the road of the young and foolish I say it must be the Hippy in us the returns us to the heart. So cool.

And what a big wonderful heart you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVaqZajq-I

Peace and love :heartflower::biglove::bighug:

And this for your marvelous hair :arose:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

FACT: When Richard Tenney showed up and said he was NOT my city commissioner---just because I was a Scientologist, Richard Libe was working for the "Clearwater Sun" then, arrived,and was furiously writing down out conversation. :typing:

[/B]

Tory, heh thanks for this tidbit

I collected a few of Rich Leiby's articles at the clearwater sun. LINK

Do you know why he was covering Scientology?

When the criminal case US vs Mary Sue Hubbard et al LINK started
the editor wanted a reporter to cover the trial. none of the old reporters there wanted to cover it because they didn't want to be harassed by $cientology... so they stuck the assignment to the new guy, a guy named Rich Leiby....

2 decades later, after a couple of osa goons knocked on my door due to my postings to the net, I mailed out a letter to the editor to a couple of newspapers... one to the Wash Post... there, that letter was given to a man who just happened to be 'the new guy' at the Washington Post... his name was Rich Leiby, which resulted in THIS first article on Christmas Day 1994.

I remember when I read it - I mean, *I*d never been in the newspaper before by name, and they ran it on the front page of OUTLOOK section of the Wash Post... and I was amazed that Rich got it all right... I was actually stunned.... because I too had been told in $cientology that the reporters always get it wrong... and when I read that article,, It was like a bit of the Hubbardian Truman show fell away..because Rich got it right... and after reading your post, I think, maybe he may have listened to you!

Warmest Regards

Arnie Lerma

Last edited:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
What a wonderfully educational and emotional trip down memory lane Tory.

From a fellow traveler along the road of the young and foolish I say it must be the Hippy in us the returns us to the heart. So cool.

And what a big wonderful heart you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVaqZajq-I

Peace and love :heartflower::biglove::bighug:

And this for your marvelous hair :arose:

:bighug:

I :biglove::arose::heartflower: Love this song!!

Yes, I agree with your conclusions, dchoiceisalwaysrs :yes:
And :thankyou: for your kind words re my heart, and hair :)

And Arnie: as always, thanks for those links and the info!! :thumbsup::clap::clap::thumbsup:

:flowers2:

Tory/Magoo :biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped--

FACT: The town *hated* $cientology then, and I was asked to "Handle" it ......

I know that Scientology believes that everything they do "raises the tone level" of Homo Sapiens, but in reality most of the residents of Clearwater were actually driven down tone to "FEAR" and more recently "NUMBNESS".

Scientologists like when the people they are handling are numb--that way they can't feel and don't make a fuss about all the extremely painful "wins" the cult enforces on them.

40. Serenity of Beingness - ("Pure Intention." The being intends-therefore it is. Someone given a "Tone 40 command" will just comply)
30. Postulates
22. Games
20. Action
8.0 Exhilaration
6.0 Aesthetics
4. Enthusiasm
3.5 Cheerfulness
3.3 Strong interest
3. Conservatism
2.9 Mild interest
2.8 Contented
2.6 Disinterested
2.5 Boredom
2.4 Monotony
2. Antagonism
1.9 Hostility
1.8 Pain
1.5 Anger
1.4 Hate
1.3 Resentment
1.2 No sympathy
1.15 Unexpressed resentment
1.1 Covert hostility
1.02 Anxiety
1.0 Fear
.98 Despair
.96 Terror
.94 Numb

REASON ALL THIS IS HAPPENING: Because nobody is complying with Scientologists Tone 40 commands and postulates. The solution to tech that doesn't work is therefore driving people to comply through terrorism. It's like a postulate except better, because Scientologists can be turned into a terrorist much more easily than an OT.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I know that Scientology believes that everything they do "raises the tone level" of Homo Sapiens, but in reality most of the residents of Clearwater were actually driven down tone to "FEAR" and more recently "NUMBNESS".

Scientologists like when the people they are handling are numb--that way they can't feel and don't make a fuss about all the extremely painful "wins" the cult enforces on them.

[Tone scale snipped]

REASON ALL THIS IS HAPPENING: Because nobody is complying with Scientologists Tone 40 commands and postulates. The solution to tech that doesn't work is therefore driving people to comply through terrorism. It's like a postulate except better, because Scientologists can be turned into a terrorist much more easily than an OT.

Surely, if one place on Planet Earth ought to be cleared it is Clearwater, Florida. But in fact Scientology is established there like a cancer, damaging the entire city and rejected by the body politic.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Surely, if one place on Planet Earth ought to be cleared it is Clearwater, Florida. But in fact Scientology is established there like a cancer, damaging the entire city and rejected by the body politic.

No worries. It's only the REACTIVE MINDS of Clearwater residents that hate Scientology.

Scientologists are certain that they are bringing people uptone to hate.

It's a win, really!

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
No worries. It's only the REACTIVE MINDS of Clearwater residents that hate Scientology.

Scientologists are certain that they are bringing people uptone to hate.

It's a win, really!

From the best place to hide something is right in front of you dept...

CLEARwater

Of all the towns in the world to set up shop, he picks CLEARwater.

In all his supposed tech one is reaching for a supposed state of CLEAR.
The real subconscious mind is quite literal...
For the same COVERT HYPNOTIC reason he called the REACTIVE MIND by the term THE BANK,
he calls the goal in $cientology "CLEAR"

Seems to me, interpreted literally by the subconscious, repeating that idea over and over in one's mind...together with how many times that cagey old stage hypnotist repeats it in his books... might just make everything else in one's immediate vicinity including those things that one now once considered important... to disappear!

You wonder why people join the SEA ORG? Everything else has been CLEARed away!..

Sort of the direct opposite of this style suggestion illustrated below... where the two girls 'see' mice. (Which are obviously TRUE FOR THEM)

Ralp-Slater-Hypnosis-1950.jpg

Now the victims of this con called $cientology see nothing else.. no previous hopes and dreams, no family, or even their own children...they have all been CLEARed away....

Instead of seeing mice on the floor, they see SPs everywhere while they rest assured with the certainty and calm self-assurance that they are CLEAR.

L Ron Hubbard, whaddah guy!

Excerpt from:

above book advert from Fate Magazine 1953 quote from that book:

""THE THEORY

Hypnosis is not inexplicable, uncanny or occult, and it is not abnormal. Hypnosis is a natural consequence of a specific application of definite and understandable laws. The laws hypnosis follows are not laws of hypnotism, but are the laws of thought. Hypnosis is the logical result of thinking when, under a particular set of circumstances, there is no other way to think."

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

From the best place to hide something is right in front of you dept...

CLEARwater

Of all the towns in the world to set up shop, he picks CLEARwater.

In all his supposed tech one is reaching for a supposed state of CLEAR.
The real subconscious mind is quite literal...
For the same COVERT HYPNOTIC reason he called the REACTIVE MIND by the term THE BANK,
he calls the goal in $cientology "CLEAR"

Seems to me, interpreted literally by the subconscious, repeating that idea over and over in one's mind...together with how many times that cagey old stage hypnotist repeats it in his books... might just make everything else in one's immediate vicinity including those things that one now once considered important... to disappear!

You wonder why people join the SEA ORG? Everything else has been CLEARed away!..

Sort of the direct opposite of this style suggestion illustrated below... where the two girls 'see' mice. (Which are obviously TRUE FOR THEM)

Ralp-Slater-Hypnosis-1950.jpg

Now the victims of this con called $cientology see nothing else.. no previous hopes and dreams, no family, or even their own children...they have all been CLEARed away....

Instead of seeing mice on the floor, they see SPs everywhere while they rest assured with the certainty and calm self-assurance that they are CLEAR.

L Ron Hubbard, whaddah guy!

Excerpt from:

above book advert from Fate Magazine 1953 quote from that book:

""THE THEORY

Hypnosis is not inexplicable, uncanny or occult, and it is not abnormal. Hypnosis is a natural consequence of a specific application of definite and understandable laws. The laws hypnosis follows are not laws of hypnotism, but are the laws of thought. Hypnosis is the logical result of thinking when, under a particular set of circumstances, there is no other way to think."

THE CLEARWATER FISHBOWL

4470254_025_lt.jpg

First thing to know: The water's not clear.

Second thing. The people aren't either.

But, thru the murk, sometimes you can
detect something else moving around in the water.

It's not a good thing.

Scientology: You're called "raw meat" for a reason.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I checked with a reliable source at Flag and found out that it's just not true that people aren't being Cleared at an impressive pace. Here's evidence of two individuals who attested just last night:

clear_zps1186c9d7.jpg

clear2_zps21bf2bfb.jpg

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

40. Serenity of Beingness - ("Pure Intention." The being intends-therefore it is. Someone given a "Tone 40 command" will just comply)
30. Postulates
22. Games
20. Action
8.0 Exhilaration
6.0 Aesthetics
4. Enthusiasm
3.5 Cheerfulness
3.3 Strong interest
3. Conservatism
2.9 Mild interest
2.8 Contented
2.6 Disinterested
2.5 Boredom
2.4 Monotony
2. Antagonism
1.9 Hostility
1.8 Pain
1.5 Anger
1.4 Hate
1.3 Resentment
1.2 No sympathy
1.15 Unexpressed resentment
1.1 Covert hostility
1.02 Anxiety
1.0 Fear
.98 Despair
.96 Terror
.94 Numb

HH: The above is most correct for *most* people working for OSA...and thus they FAIL over
and over and over.

I was never "officially" on staff...just a volunteer and I used my Dad and Mom's education on handling bullies,
and "Communication is the Universal Solvent" which they had
taught me in so many words....WAY before $cientology.

I actually had quite a bit of success 'handling' critics (no..not all, but constantly OSA would ask: "WHAT DID YOU DO?"
to me, after the critics left. My answer? "I just talked with them: THEY ARE *JUST* PEOPLE~~!"

What I did NOT know is this:
Years later, after escaping OUT...I met with Laurel Sullivan who used to be L Ron Hubbard's PERSONAL PR.

I asked her about this, as it was always odd to me. (Why was I successful and they were SO unsuccessful?) :confused2:
This is what she told me:

"You were never trained in LRH PR Tech, were you?"
Me: "No---never".

She: "And THAT is why you were successful~! We who used Hubbard's PR tech...........
WE WERE KICKED OUT OF EVERY. SINGLE. PORT. AROUND. THE. WORLD"!!
:omg::omg::omg:

At that point I realized it was NOT $cientology that helped me talk with the public.
My Dad, as you know HH, was a Professional Color Man for NBC Football, (On TV with broadcaster Curt Gowdy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curt_Gowdy ) and my Mom was a Journalist/Community
Activist...so I grew up learning those skills, from THEM.

***Peace*** :flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

HelluvaHoax!

HH: The above is most correct for *most* people working for OSA...and thus they FAIL over
and over and over.

I was never "officially" on staff...just a volunteer and I used my Dad and Mom's education on handling bullies,
and "Communication is the Universal Solvent" which they had
taught me in so many words....WAY before $cientology.

I actually had quite a bit of success 'handling' critics (no..not all, but constantly OSA would ask: "WHAT DID YOU DO?"
to me, after the critics left. My answer? "I just talked with them: THEY ARE *JUST* PEOPLE~~!"

What I did NOT know is this:
Years later, after escaping OUT...I met with Laurel Sullivan who used to be L Ron Hubbard's PERSONAL PR.

I asked her about this, as it was always odd to me. (Why was I successful and they were SO unsuccessful?) :confused2:
This is what she told me:

"You were never trained in LRH PR Tech, were you?"
Me: "No---never".

She: "And THAT is why you were successful~! We who used Hubbard's PR tech...........
WE WERE KICKED OUT OF EVERY. SINGLE. PORT. AROUND. THE. WORLD"!!
:omg::omg::omg:

At that point I realized it was NOT $cientology that helped me talk with the public.
My Dad, as you know HH, was a Professional Color Man for NBC Football, (On TV with broadcaster Curt Gowdy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curt_Gowdy ) and my Mom was a Journalist/Community
Activist...so I grew up learning those skills, from THEM.

***Peace*** :flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

I love that story!!!

I remember one time we were both at Flag (Sandcastle) waiting for sessions. I was going through some really awful awful awful relationship breakup and not not not happy.

Of course, I imagined that the solution awaited behind the closed doors of an OT review session.

While waiting, you said a few words to me. I wish I remember exactly what they were, but it was less than a dozen words. The advice was so kind and loving and TRUE that I experienced a huge resurgence. That's really all that it took. For years afterward (I never mentioned this to you) I always remembered how powerful a few words of TRUE advice could be. You didn't even send me an invoice! LOL

Those few words were better than all the auditing in the world. God knows what I would have been pushed into in session to "find the source of the charge"--I am pretty sure that the emotions I was feeling were not caused 319 trillion years ago from a Gorilla Goal Implant. LOL

From WIKI:

According to Scientology, the Gorilla Goals were
a series of implants created by invaders from Helatrobus
"between about 319 trillion years ago to about 256 trillion trillion years ago".

A black gorilla was said by Hubbard to have been used
by the Hoipolloi to implant the Gorilla Goals.

So, Tory, thanks for really helping me without mentioning anything to do with Gorillas!

Love,
hh

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love that story!!!

I remember one time we were both at Flag (Sandcastle) waiting for sessions. I was going through some really awful awful awful relationship breakup and not not not happy.

Of course, I imagined that the solution awaited behind the closed doors of an OT review session.

While waiting, you said a few words to me. I wish I remember exactly what they were, but it was less than a dozen words. The advice was so kind and loving and TRUE that I experienced a huge resurgence. That's really all that it took. For years afterward (I never mentioned this to you) I always remembered how powerful a few words of TRUE advice could be. You didn't even send me an invoice! LOL

Those few words were better than all the auditing in the world. God knows what I would have been pushed into in session to "find the source of the charge"--I am pretty sure that the emotions I was feeling were not caused 319 trillion years ago from a Gorilla Goal Implant. LOL

So, Tory, thanks for really helping me without mentioning anything to do with Gorillas!

Love,
hh

Awwwwwwwwwww: Thank you, HH! You have no idea how much that
means to me :)

:bighug:

My guess is I said: "Give thanks she's gone. Better to have her break up with you *early*
than waste year after year...only to lose her later and it be *much* worse" <<< Just a guess.|
Either way, I'm happy it gave you some comfort...whatever I said :)

Tory/Magoo

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have finally recovered the sandcastle recording of that conversation.

HH : I am so sad my 2D has collapsed to 1D
Tory: it is out ethics to; play with rattle snakes, red tag angry bulls and run with a (whoops reached 12 words) 2Dsession with gorilla goal implants.

Now we know why HH didn't hear Tory mention Gorilla implants it was after the 12 words and Tory's FES = friendly everlasting smile.

You guys are a hoot. :biggrin: yah both keep us smiling and laughing.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have finally recovered the sandcastle recording of that conversation.

HH : I am so sad my 2D has collapsed to 1D
Tory: it is out ethics to; play with rattle snakes, red tag angry bulls and run with a (whoops reached 12 words) 2Dsession with gorilla goal implants.

Now we know why HH didn't hear Tory mention Gorilla implants it was after the 12 words and Tory's FES = friendly everlasting smile.

You guys are a hoot. :biggrin: yah both keep us smiling and laughing.

Ahhh you're right, dchoiceisalwaysrs: Mine was over 12 words, above.
Ok, then it was prolly s/t like this:

"Consider yourself lucky: you WILL find s/one *much* better!" (10 words) :cheers:
(Doesn't sound so profound now...but in the moment it *may* have helped?)

I knew you were a *hot* guy---so losing anyone was peanuts, really, no matter how "in love" you were.
I used to help single guys all the time as I was happily married, so they'd talk with me. :)

:hug: We've known each other a LONG time. I still cannot get over that you were at my home in Lake Forest, IL.
Some day you *have* to tell me ~that~ story, and how that came about, HH. (Another piece of history re Magoo+HH:
We were TWINS on the Dianetics course! Was that it? Did you come w/ me to my Dad's funeral? I think he passed away
while I was on the Dianetics course. Let me know, plz. :) :drama:

TLC

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:waiting: HH:::: yes?

Was anyone else around Clearwater, FL in either 1979-1982

or

1989-1997?

If so....doing what?

We *may* Have crossed paths. If so, please let me know.

Tory/Magoo