How much do the Don Rogers letters shake up early Dianetics history? Two experts weigh in.

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by RSS Feed, May 10, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

How much do the Don Rogers letters shake up early Dianetics history? Two experts weigh in.

Over the last two days, we’ve seen some fascinating letters made public for the first time which were written by Donald H. Rogers, an eyewitness to the earliest days of Dianetics. Rogers wrote the letters in 1984-85 to Jon Atack, who was researching his book, A Piece of Blue Sky, and who generously [...]

[​IMG]

Over the last two days, we’ve[.......]

Continue reading...

2. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

I was a 'founding scn', having gotten enthralled with Dianetics in 1950.
    I was not one of those educated people; not an Engineer, nor a Scientist, nor a writer. I was just a young, inexperienced woman, not yet in my 20s.
    I never heard of Don Rogers, so as far as I know, his writings had little or no influence on the movement. We were all gung-ho . It was a collaborative effort to improve, and continue the research of the subject of Dianetics ( the reactive mind, or engrams, or 'regression',). Just as today, we could and did hear and read skeptical stories about Dn, but they did not impact us. We knew better! LOL. I ran a birth incident on my 2nd run of 'command phrases', I think it was something like "get out of there" I was hooked. After that I was a " cadillac PC", and ran every process that came down the pike.
    Dianetic processing still works when I apply it to others. I have done so many Dn courses thru the years, that it is "my own", and I feel totally competent in its use and efficacy. I have never seen the miracles from it that LRH hyped, but I saw people get healthier and happier. That's a lot! I have audited hundreds of people on DN, and only 2 of them never went "whole track".
    YMMV.

• Love Love x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

New copies of DMSMH when I was in no longer had it, but I do remember seeing the "schematic of the human mind" drawn by Rogers in older copies of the book which were still extant. I remembered his name because I thought the schematic looked really cool and it was unfortunate they'd dropped it.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  4. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't know as it "shakes up the history" but I'm always pleased to see more history

5. pineapple

This is Rogers's "Mind Schematic."

[​IMG]

6. pineapple

Part of what Chris Shelton says in Tony's article that I found very interesting:

Speculation: Did Hubbard learn hypnosis from A. E. van Vogt? Van Vogt later co-authored a book on the subject, "The Hypnotism Handbook," C. E. Cooke and A. E. van Vogt, 1956. Anybody have any thoughts on this?