What's new

How OT Is That?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I was fascinated to watch Jimmy Fallon defeat Tom "Mr. OT" Cruise in a simple game of ring toss on the Jimmy Fallon Show about a year ago. Cruise exhibited zero OT powers nor the requisite IQ necessary to figure out that he lacked any basic human abilities whatsoever as my grandmother could have beat him at ring toss and she's 6' under, like his spiritual guru aka one El Wrong Hubris. :duh:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
This is more remarkable than anything that ever came out of Scientology.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-y08tYRoHU[/video]

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Great thread, its always useful to examine the OT fantasy. For me, the most succinct proof that there is no such thing as OT is . . .

tumblr_ldfvvePFPS1qfykhpo1_500.jpg

"show me a mother fucking Clear"

Gadfly

Crusader

Great thread, its always useful to examine the OT fantasy. For me, the most succinct proof that there is no such thing as OT is . . .

tumblr_ldfvvePFPS1qfykhpo1_500.jpg

"show me a mother fucking Clear"

It is interesting that, on the one hand, Hubbard & Scientology promote the value of OBSERVING. Hubbard talks often and in many places about the importance of OBNOSIS, or seeing what is actually there (without bias, without dub-in, without denial). The Know-To-Mystery-Scale has LOOKINGNESS up near the top (where it should be).

But then in actual real Scientology as practiced in the Church of Scientology, on the other hand, if you are so daring as to actually LOOK at what is the actual state of "clears" and "OTs", you will see that the claims are not at all realized. The claims made by Hubbard & Scientology greatly exaggerate the reality. If you do THAT in organized Scientology, and especially if you talk about it to others, then the DOGMA and ETHICS/JUSTICE part of Scientology quickly kicks in to shut you up and stop you from communicating unwanted opinions and views to the still deluded followers.

In real Scientology, while one talks a big line about "looking" and "observing", one is actually prevented from doing so. This is just another example of the VERY MANY contradictions inherent to the subject and practices of Scientology.

Last edited:

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Hope I'm not derailing this thread but I just recalled, while reading this thread, a story that was circulating around my org several (many) years ago.
"An O.T. staff member was out with a group of friends plinking (guns). He accidently shot himself in the foot while, if I recall correctly, doing a quick-draw thing. The story said that he shot himself through the foot. And lo-and-behold, a few minutes later there was no wound, nor any evidence that he had ever been shot." Truly fu*king amazing.

Now, what is amazing here is :

1) We all said our appropriate "wows", and "far-outs" and completely bought into
this line of bull-shit. And our resolve to progress to OTland was reinforced.

2) What is a super able O.T. being doing shooting himself in the foot to begin with ?

:confused2:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Hope I'm not derailing this thread but I just recalled, while reading this thread, a story that was circulating around my org several (many) years ago.
"An O.T. staff member was out with a group of friends plinking (guns). He accidently shot himself in the foot while, if I recall correctly, doing a quick-draw thing. The story said that he shot himself through the foot. And lo-and-behold, a few minutes later there was no wound, nor any evidence that he had ever been shot." Truly fu*king amazing.

Now, what is amazing here is :

1) We all said our appropriate "wows", and "far-outs" and completely bought into
this line of bull-shit. And our resolve to progress to OTland was reinforced.

2) What is a super able O.T. being doing shooting himself in the foot to begin with ?

:confused2:
Two words come to mind, blanks and scammed.
http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/prods/az68728.html
:coolwink:

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
Yes, the cost of sitting and meditating for 30 mins a day is a good bit cheaper than buying rickety bridges and dealing with nasty ethics officers, IAS reges and Idle Org nonsense. :yes:

Something that was pretty obvious to me subjectively, was that whatever sort of significance was attached to a grade level in scientology, there was not much difference in how it made me feel. Being Clear was not very different from the state one gets into from doing an hour a day of OT TR-0/TR-0 every day for a few years -- if at all different. I thought there'd be a difference in that Clear was supposed to be permanent -- yeah, right.

I've since thought that you could give someone most of what was useful in scientology, by teaching them something like solo OT TR-0 (minus all the screwy Hubbard concepts and jargon), and telling them to go home and do it. End of "bridge."