Featured How to Leave?!

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by XenusChild, Nov 17, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

This is the best advice. Read, and DO IT! Just ignore them. Respond to nothing.

I was finally able to walk away completely when I finally realized that they will NEVER actually "talk to you", not honestly and sincerely, and that they will ONLY try to "handle you". They always have an agenda. Nobody really cares for you, not unless you accept their "help" in the form that they demand that you accept it as - as Scientology. The only result they want is your time, energy and money.

They will try every gimmick, every ARC trick, and every angle to get you to respond. Once you allow the communication (C), then they will try to work the affinity and reality to get you to "come in". It never stops. Hubbard trained them to be relentless, and to never accept a "no", so realize what you are dealing with. They are very persistent pests.

Use voice mail. Delete them messages. Respond to nothing. Put them on "call block". Throw their mail in the garbage or mark it "return to sender".

2. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

So, it's fine that you don't want to talk to me but talk to me anyway- is what the STCC C/S is saying.

Definitely don't talk to them.

3. XenusChild

XenusChild Patron with Honors

LOL exactly! I thought that was amusing. Doesn't make any sense.

It's been what, 3+ months since I left? I have no trouble not talking to them, don't worry :thumbsup:.

4. XenusChild

Thanks, yeah this is exactly what I was thinking just now, as I just got another call from the registration guy (funny how I expect these calls around 1pm, ya know, after lunch break), voicemail left-hey, we're still here for you, give me a call back, at least let me know how you're doing. Yeah, if I let you know how I'm doing, it won't end there. Just like you said, they don't want to just "talk". I wonder if they realize how sad this looks, the persistent pestering, multiple times a day, for MONTHS. I know of no other religion that would do this.

5. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

I guess you didn't ask for the refund and/or repayment.

Just to monetize the conversation for a moment. :lol:

I can't blame you though. It might be a lot of hassle for a few grand at most.

But, if you do ask for the refund now, I believe it will quickly slow and perhaps even stop the calls - at least from the local orgs.

Years from now though, you're likely to get them at inconvenient times, like Thanksgiving Day and the like. :omg:

Welcome to the grind!

6. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

No, there is no other "religion" like the. In fact there is no other ANYTHING like them. Scientology makes annoying telemarketers look like Sunday School. In the entire wide range of ALL human activities, there is nothing that comes close to them.

The ONLY reason that they have been anywhere near as "successful" as they have is very much due to the insane degree of persistence, demand and unrelenting intention that permeates the entire Scientology organization. Hubbard built THAT into Scientology. Hubbard designed entire courses and sections of courses to instill this total refusal to ever back off and to never accept "no" as an answer. Scientology does very much "work" to teach and improve any person's ability to PUSH THINGS THROUGH.

Hubbard DID very much create a type of person and group that will NEVER GIVE UP.

Too bad it wasn't directed at and about something more worthwhile.

7. XenusChild

Haha yeah I didn't bother with that (though I did get a refund of some unauthorized IAS charges on my card).

The calls aren't necessarily a bother to me...I just ignore them, listen to the voicemail/read the text/FB message, laugh, then post about them here! :clap:

8. This is NOT OK !!!!

Fair enough!

Hope your semester is going well!

9. XenusChild

I like how I'm still getting emails on helping Harlem get started, join staff for Harlem, volunteers needed for "CF and Addresso" (whatever that is), etc. Back in the day, i.e., last July, I was told by one of the people heading this up that Harlem would be open "very soon", like September, which then evolved into by the end of the year (2012)...interesting...

10. This is NOT OK !!!!

Will Harlem ever open?

11. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

There must be 50 ways to leave your Org.

Just go ahead and blow Joe.
    Don't pay your FL debt Brett.
    Join Anonymous Gus.
    Read and post on ESMB Leigh.
    and set yourself free.

12. Orion

Orion New Member

Good grief ...

Ok, here are the steps to getting out of scientology.

0. Send letters to OSA (with your full name, the places you have been and the fact you want out of of the cult, you have been on the internet and have anon as your new best friends) be sure to send copies to the every local mission and org) - by the way none of the stuff about new "evil" friends and inetrnet visits have to be true mock-up stuff (lie like hell).

1. Get yourself assigned to "ethics", tell the Ethics Officer you know LRH, DM (David Miscavige), and anyone else you can think of from OSA are all SP. Make up more lies about having trusted people who got SP declared.

2. Be as obnoxious as possible. "per policy - I must be given an SP declare because I have an L1 RS"
    (L1 RS: List one Rock Slam, it means - according to scientology - that you have evil intentions towards senior members of the church)

3. Get yourself declared an SP.

4. Send more letters to OSA.

5. Tell everyone who calls from the cult, that you have been sent to ethics - they will drop you like a hot potato. If they persist, tell them you have been exposed to confidential OTIII material and the EO fears you are going TYPE III (you think everyone is an SP) - PER POLICY THEY MUST NOT BOTHER YOU IF YOU ARE "going TYPE III")

6. all letters should be returned with a note saying:

"I have been declared and SP, please remove my name from CF, please route all future comm though OSA "
    (give them more work, invent a real or fictional person/department - ie "attention: Rock Slammer, Department 21 OSA").

This will absolutely FORCE them to remove your name from Central Files.

The trick is you not in YOU leaving the XENU-phobic cult ... the tick is to get THEM to leave YOU.

Come to think of it, you don't need to get declared, just tell them you are a type III PTS/SP, got declared an SP by RTC and have them call OSA! Do that a few times and YOU will be an SP within a few days.

PER POLICY THEY MUST CUT OFF ALL COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU.

Good luck!

13. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

2 companies to invest in:

The goldenrod paper company.
    The Guy Fawks mask company.

14. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Do they have enough staff to even keep the 46th street org open?

Saying they're going to open a Harlem org results in donations. Actually opening an org in Harlem would involve ongoing expenses.

15. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

My "hold music" for clam calls involves a certain song by a certain singer whose father thought that LRH was only out to get money from him. That's cut things down a bit, though I notice the local morgue's hours have shortened a bit since they sent half their staff to the OOT scam.

16. Happy2BFree

Happy2BFree Patron

What's really amusing is the fact that these idiots make about $50 a week on staff and they still think it's OKAY to try and talk other people into doing the same thing for a "living." At least my husband was smart enough to know better.

Happy2BeFree!

17. XenusChild

Well folks it's about that time again! Time for I guess what is my monthly update!

The cultists still contact me multiple times a day, though they might relent for a day each week (not including weekends). Still get calls, texts, Facebook posts/messages, emails and mail. One of the voicemails was from the registrar guy, and he said how I come up at their meetings, wondering what's up, etc. He also sent me a letter in the mail a day or two ago, with no return address this time (LOL!), asking if I'm doing well in life, and what I'm up to, and with an extension course brochure, of course. They also wonder if I'm physically okay (one of the guys in the Academy left a voicemail earlier in the week wondering if I was "physically okay", trying to see if I had an ARC break, and just wants to know that I'm ok, since I just stopped showing up), like just reply so I know you're still alive/okay/etc. The funny thing is, as mentioned before, I'm Facebook friends with a bunch of them, and I'm sure they very well know that I'm still alive, my life is going on, I'm having fun, and life doesn't revolve around Scientology! And I'm sure they could pass that info along in the meetings at which I apparently come up in (ya know, 5 months since I walked out and never returned). Maybe they think I have a twin...

The STCC course supervisor actually just called me 3 times in a row, waited 10 mins, called again, then waited a few more minutes and sent me a text. This is what it said:

"Guinness Record: Of all the people I've provided help to over the years, (my name) takes the cake for abruptest, most thorough and longest disconnect! An event not likely to soon be surpassed! Unfortunately, we can't award him record champion until he puts this challenge to an end!"

Then here's an email I received from the letter registrar a week ago:

"It looks like a number of staff here are in mystery as to why you just stopped showing up. I see that you have done very well on a number of courses and that you got started on the HQS course as well. Did you have a twin you were working with on this course? Did you feel you were making good progress on the course? Was there a scheduling problem or something else that came up?
    I'd love to help you out but would need to hear from you.
    Please get in touch."

All of this just shows how cultish this group really is, and that it is a cult. Any other normal organization would just leave the person alone, especially after so many months have passed (I was talking to a friend about this and we both said the same thing). What is clear to me, especially as I browse my latest copy of "Scientology News" that came in the mail two days ago, is that the leaders try to portray this image of Scientology booming around the world, and that they're the ONLY ones able to help, and are the ONLY ones helping. It is clear that this is far from true. Having gone to major orgs in major cities, ya know, NYC and LA (I visited when I went out there last summer), it's clear that the pictures that you see aren't the reality. You know all those pics of people smiling in a packed courseroom? Not true at all. There's no one there, except the staff members and a few other regulars. You do drills with other staff members since there's no one else there. It's hilarious! I really hope others that are considering joining Scientology find this thread, so they can see what it's really like, and what happens when you try to leave quietly. The NYC Org is right off Times Square, right next to major theatres, and yet I'd be doing STCC by myself with the supervisor, the only one, or one of 2-3 people waiting in the HGC waiting area, one of 7-8 people in the Academy (most of the others being staff members), etc. I now see why they continue to try to get me to get in communication with them and come back: it's because the vast majority of people that go into the org end up never going back at some point (most right at the beginning).

These days, I'm glad that I've got a lot more money in my bank account than I did when I was in Scientology. Instead of seeing all of my paycheck going to Scientology courses and materials (and wondering how I would pay off my debts and pay for Scientology), I can save, and pay off my debts (just paid off all my credit cards in full!), and have fun. Now I don't have to wonder how I would do staff and "real life" (work and school and SLEEP) at the same time (ya know, since they wouldn't accept no for an answer when I said I don't think I can do staff). Instead, I'm looking forward to the future career opportunities that I'll have due to my schooling, and the life that it'll afford me. And it's funny how they still call me to attend events. One of them called me a few weeks ago to attend the LRH Birthday event. And you know what that means: give more money. There's an event tomorrow I believe, something about Ideal Orgs (got something in the mail and an email), so I'm assuming that would be another Give Me Your Money event.

If you're considering Scientology, DO NOT DO IT!

18. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Ain't life grand?! :happydance:

Yep, you've had a great education in a relatively short period of time. Again, congratulations.

We ought to make this thread a sticky -- the plot arc is so wonderful!

BTW, how does one make a thread a sticky? I have no idea.

Again, what a super-satisfying thread this one is. Thank you.

TG1

19. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

Good idea. If you want to make a sticky, you can just contact a mod. One way is to report your own post, which I will do here.

20. XenusChild

Thanks!

And I know that I didn't have the long experience/credentials in Scientology that many of you have, but I think that it's good for others to see that even right at the beginning, you can see how nefarious it all is, and how it's ALL about money and control. It starts as soon as you go into the door the first time, "just to see". A coworker of mine wants to just go in and see, and I told her that they wouldn't leave her alone. You can't just walk in and "check it out". Someone will be watching and waiting for the right moment to come up to you.