hubbard affirmations

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by lightweight, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:44 PM.

View Users: View Users
  1. lightweight

lightweight Patron

If a scn showed their ethics officer or osa the affirmations because they by chance saw them on the net....how would osa explain these away?

2. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Half an hour and no takers? OK, here's my offering. They would simply say it's fake. End of.

3. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

The church has taken contradictory positions on the authenticity of the Affirmations. In the Armstrong case in 1984, Hubbard's wife's lawyer acknowledged that the document, written in Hubbard's own handwriting, was by Hubbard himself and claimed that it was part of his "research". It was, he said, "far and away the most private and personal document probably that I have ever read by anybody." Armstrong's lawyer agreed, commenting that "most Scientologists . . . if they read these documents would leave the organization five minutes after they read them."[10] The church argued that they constituted "a kind of self-therapy". It later backtracked, claiming that Hubbard had not written the document.[11] However, as part of the agreement with the Church of Scientology that settled the 1984 case, Armstrong was required to return "all originals and copies of the documents commonly known as the 'Affirmations' written by L. Ron Hubbard". As religious studies scholar Hugh Urban comments, "here the church clearly indicates that the text was written by L. Ron Hubbard, and it seems difficult to understand why the church would file suit to retain ownership of the text were it not an authentic document."[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmations_(L._Ron_Hubbard)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. screamer2

screamer2 Occam's Bald Crusher

Entheta.
    These are not the affirmations you were looking for...
    Nothing to see here; move along.
    What if I told you... [a shore story]
    Take your pick.
    Or all of the above.

5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

There's no doubt that the Affirmations were from Hubbard.

A peek into Hubbard's mind:
    U
    You cannot now accumulate karma for you are a master adept... Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write... Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful, It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler.

L. Ron Hubbard saved the Australians from the Japanese!

From a Hubbard 'Executive Letter' of 6 October 1965:

In 1942, as a senior US Naval officer in Northern Australia by fluke of fate, I helped save them from the Japanese.

And from Hubbard's 17 February 1969 'Information Letter':

Remember I know Anzo. I once had a big share in saving its bacon from Japan. Note please that a small Jap force could have taken the lot and didn't. A handful of us, months before the coming of US troops, worked like mad to balk the Japs and change their minds.

[​IMG]

From the court transcript of Armstrong vs Church of Scientology

The Church of Scientology called one Captain Moulton as a witness.

Q. [by Michael Flynn, Armstrong's attorney]. He told you he was injured by a Japanese machine gun?

A. [by Captain Moulton] Yes, in some detail...

Q. What did he tell you?

A. That he had been in [Java] at the time the Japanese came in...

Q. So you believed Captain Hubbard at the time?

A. Certainly, I had no reason not to.

Q. Did he tell you exactly where he had been hit by machine gun fire?

A. In the back, in the area of the kidneys...

From witness, Kima Douglass (Hubbard's medical officer, 1976 - 1980):

Q. Did he [Hubbard] have any bullet wounds in his back?

A. No sir.

In the 1950s, Hubbard told Scientologists:

By 1948, through my own processing, and the use of principles I had isolated up to that time, was able to pass 100% combat physical...

From Hubbard's 1946 self-hypnosis writings, as read into the court record by Gerry Armstrong at Armstrong vs Church of Scientology:

Your stomach trouble you used as an excuse to keep the Navy from punishing you. You are free of the Navy. You have no further reason for a weak stomach...

Your ulcers are well and never bother you. You can eat anything. Your hip is a pose. You have a sound hip and it never hurts.

Your foot was an alibi. The injury is no longer needed. It is well. You have perfect and lovely feet...

When you tell people you are ill, it has no effect on your health. And in Veterans Administration examinations you will tell them how sick you are. You'll look sick when you take it. You'll return to health one hour after the examination and laugh at them.

No matter what lies you tell others, they have no physical effect on you. You never injure your health by saying it is bad. You cannot lie to yourself...

Mr. Flynn: I'd be happy to have the whole document [all the 'Affirmations'] go into evidence

Mr. Litt [Scientology attorney]: No. No. No.

__________​

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

What Hubbard actually did in Australia during the war:

"If Ron was chafing to get into action he was to be disappointed. On 18 December, he was posted to the Philippines, but got no further than Brisbane, Australia, where while waiting for a ship to Manila, he
    so antagonised his senior officers that in February 1942 he was on his way home again on board the USS Chaumont.
    'This officer is not satisfactory for independent duty assignment,' the US Naval Attaché in Melbourne reported on 14 February. 'He is garrulous and tries to give impressions of his importance. He also seems to think he has unusual ability in most lines. These characteristics indicate that he will require close supervision for satisfactory performance of any intelligence duty.' It was claimed that Ron assumed authority without bothering to obtain official sanction and attempted to perform duties for which he had no qualifications, thus becoming 'the source of much trouble'.[3]"

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/bfm06.htm

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List