Hubbard and the Lie Factory

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by JustSheila, Dec 15, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I think for people newly getting into Scientology it is difficult to reconcile the conflict between their stated goals of helping you and other people with the obvious money motivation. Here we are sharing very private information with the expectation of complete trust in how it will be handled and respected yet their obvious priority is getting the stats up before 2:00 on Thursday. That is an inherent conflict of interest that implies potential betrayal of trust. We might not be able to put it into words but we can certainly grasp it intuitively.

After we become more indoctrinated we understand things like 'Exchange" is important in order that we don't become out-ethics, or that because we aren't Clear yet we are subconsciously controlled by the Reactive Mind and therefore staff are using 8-C (Pure Intention and Control) in our best interests to get us up the Bridge. But here again the concept of exchange is always one way because the COS in policy and contracts assumes the moral high ground on the basis of the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics is always in the best interests of the COS and 8-C is by definition manipulative. In fact, every altruistic Scientology concept including ARC and KRC become manipulative when used in the interests of the COS.

At this point we become accomplices in running the con on other people until the inconsistencies become so great and our inside knowledge is sufficient enough that we start to either analyze how the problems are created by Scientology itself or we reach an emotional breaking point where all we know is we have to get away from Scientology.

2. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubbard...

Is a one-of-a-kind.

He is as puzzling and enigmatic a figure as has ever trooped on through the pages of history from which he is unlikely to be erased and those who believe he can be simply dismissed as a lying conman will be outlived by his legacy for the best of his work is a seminal exercise in creative psychology.

He was NOT a liar. He was a creative author and his poetic liscence was in perfectly good working order; he was duly authorized to produce fiction revelatory of unspoken truth in both verbal and printed form

3. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

And would you be kind enough to tell us what this unspoken truth was perchance? Probably not if previous experience of your answers is anything to go by.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  4. Clay Pigeon

Thank you.

I've been misspelling license for years.

And I recommend you examine the question you ask

5. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yeah, ok, I've done that. Now what?

6. Clay Pigeon

Keep examining it until you realize that transcendent immaterial esoteric truth doesn't fit neatly into direct statement

Thus poets have labors...

7. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I saw one Derren Brown show where he was at a dog track. He placed a bet on a dog and it lost but he then went to the payout counter and handed the losing ticket to the female cashier and said: "This is a winning ticket". She looked a bit confused for a second but then gave him the money as if it had won. They said this wasn't a staged event and I believe them because it would be pretty lame to make this up and pretend it was real.

It reminded me of one of the Star Wars films where Obi-Wan Kenobi is stopped by a guard and he tells the guard he is allowed access and the guard repeats what he says and lets him through. Obi-Wan then tells Luke Skywalker that he just used the force.

It also is similar to events portrayed in a book I read about "Russia's greatest psychic" - Wolf Messing. Apparently he realised he had some kind of psychic ability when he was on a train without a ticket and a guard came along and asked to see his ticket. He picked up a used ticket that someone had left behind and told the guard that this was a valid ticket and the guard accepted it. He also once, for a bet, went into a bank and handed over a blank piece of paper telling the cashier that this was a bone fide financial document and the cashier accepted it and handed him a huge amount of money. When Joseph Stalin got to hear about his abilities he challenged him to gain access to Stalin's inner sanctum after Stalin's guards had all been warned to keep him out. Apparently he just walked in past all of the guards and walked straight up to Stalin wihout anyone challenging him. He said he did it by planting the suggestion in the guards' minds that he was someone else - a person who had access to Stalin - and even though they could see he wasn't that person they somehow accepted that he was.

Strange stuff but I find it fascinating.