What's new

Hubbard flips out on Class VIII Auditor lecture series (Tape 11)

Yeah. There's plenty of silly Hubbard stuff to ridicule--this doesn't fit the bill. Run along now.

Paul

I sat through MUCH MUCH worse at various times from VERY FRUSTRATED instructors in public colleges/universities.

My navigation instructor was particularly demanding of his largely not especially "bright" class, and you couldn't possibly imagine the tirade my topology instructor went into after he saw the results of our class's first mid-term. I still cringe and I'm the one who passed. :omg:

Hubbard has a reputation for "losing it". This ain't the evidence. Go read some of Dart's & Alan's posts for better examples. :)

Mark A. Baker

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard has a reputation for "losing it". This ain't the evidence. Go read some of Dart's & Alan's posts for better examples. :)

Agreed, but I sure as fuck don't want to sit this one through three time starrate.

Though if I had any confusion between a list and an assessment before then, I sure wouldn't at the end. :melodramatic:

Edited to add: there's a number of tapes of LRH I quite enjoyed listening to over the years. I liked his stories.

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
This was in fact excellent instruction. If your interested in scn tech that is.

LRH was clearly frustrated and was ranting, and doing theatre to emphasis the points he was interested in. The points he made are though very relevant for auditors.

Those not interested in scn have the option to make fun.

I have to admit I don't hear the paranoia or raving I was expecting - this is a frustrated teacher, trying to hammer home a point that the members of the class have seriously fucked up.

This isn't OT stuff, this is basics from a course that in my experience produced some of the smoothest auditors, truly competent in the procedure.

It reminds me of the fifties Hubbard, with a sincerity of purpose he lost later.

But that's just me.

Veda

Sponsor
I remember watching Scientologists listening to a tape play, where Hubbard enters into a exasperated lecture about some "technical" matter; it was very much a similar situation, and similar emotion. And the Scientologists sat quietly, obediently, in receptive/submissive near-trance state. They knew that Ron was angry at them, but also cared about them. After all, Ron was upset because the Tech wasn't being applied properly - and to this they were defenseless. The Tech was IT, and Ron was IT, and they were chastened yet grateful to be chastened, in the name of the Tech, by Ron himself.

The question never arose, "Was there really a problem in the first place? Or was there just some isolated instance of something that had set Hubbard off?"

Hubbard needed a functioning mental healing system to use as the medium for that other thing he was doing - that "hidden agenda" thing that Scientologists know just couldn't possibly be.

So, Hubbard needed the Abraction/psychotherapy/Korzybski http://www.greylodge.org/occultreview/glor_010/sscover.jpg /Rosicrucian "Tech" to "work" on a certain level, so the other things - slipped in - could also "work."

By 1968, Hubbard was "asserting and maintaining dominion.. over thoughts and loyalties through mental healing" http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg with a vengeance, and without the (by itself, more or less benign, and based on common sense) "mental healing" component, the rest of the Scientology operation would be a machine without motor oil.

One question re. this tape is, "Was there actually a problem," were people actually confusing prepared lists with Listing and Nulling?; or was Hubbard just buzzed on cocaine and angry for the sake of being angry? Class 8 was supposed to be about Standard Tech, so Hubbard would have to be emphatic about "Standard Tech" at least a few times.

(Personally, I don't recall any confusion about prepared lists and Listing and Nulliing, but I wasn't there in 1968.)

Another question is, "What about Dianetic Assessment?" Around this time (1968), Hubbard was beginning to market Pam Kemp's 'Dianetic Drug Rundown', and, in Standard Dianetics, when the person was asked for somatics, etc., it wasn't a Prepared List or Listing and Nulling. When asked for somatics, etc., the person answered and give what came to mind, and the auditor noted the answers and the e-meter reads (reactions). The list, once made, would then, later, be called (read) again (it was then a "prepared list, of sort) but initially, it was neither a prepared list nor Listing and Nulling. But there was no confusion about it; it was just another form of assessment.

I almost didn't send this post, as I don't want to revive any chastened disciple syndrome in any recovering Scientologists, but those who are free of it will probably be OK, and those who are still trapped, should perhaps review what is happening in their own minds when listening to this tape.

Some more Class 8 lectures:

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=110998&postcount=1

Last edited: