What's new

Hubbard upset with Mission Holders / Jesse Prince

AnonKat

Crusader
http://www.whyaretheydead.info/krasel/aff_jp9912.html

A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF THE APPLICATION OF "MISSION TECH" TO BYPASS CORPORATE LINES OF AUTHORTIY

12. In October of 1982, I was part of a Sea Org Mission that was sent to San Francisco to "handle" the Mission Holders of the Church of Scientology. The Mission Holders were franchisees of Scientology who offered introductory courses in Scientology to the public.

13. L. Ron Hubbard was upset with the Mission Holders because he felt that the Mission Holders in general were withholding tithes owed to Sea Org International Management. L. Ron Hubbard had also sent down orders stating that several Sea Org members in high leadership positions within the Commodor's Messenger Organization International ("CMO Int.") and the Office of the Executive Director International ("ED Int.") were dissatisfied with Scientology management and were siding with the Mission Holders. L.Ron Hubbard's orders went to David Miscavige and they were clear: Handle this insurrection and crush anyone who protested.

14. The missionaire in charge of the San Francisco Mission Holder's Mission was David Miscavige. Mr. Miscavige is flat out attempting to deceive this court in his declaration when he characterizes his presence at this conference as that of an "invited" master of ceremonies. Mr. Miscavige was the Missionaire I/C (In Charge) and was running the entire operation. Further, his "invitation" certainly did not come from the Mission Holders, it came in the form of Mission orders from the Commodore himself, L. Ron Hubbard. Lest there be any doubt whatsoever about the truth of what I am saying, I invite the court to examine Exhibit "L-99," a true and correct copy of which is attached hereto.

15. Exhibit "L-99," paints a far different picture of the San Francisco Mission Holder's Conference than the "Shore Story" Scientology is telling. Exhibit "L-99," THE SEA ORG MOVES IN, is a newsletter that shows clearly how Miscavige and the Sea Org characterized the San Francisco Mission Holder's conference for the purpose of letting the staff and paying public of Scientology know who had won the power struggle between the Sea Org and the Mission Holders. It gives a far truer picture of what was going on at this conference than even the published "transcript" of the conference, because the transcript was heavily edited before Miscavige approved it for publication.

16. I was part of the mission headed up by David Miscavige that was ordered to handle the San Francisco Mission Holder's Conference. The first thing the mission did upon its arrival in San Francisco was to visit the local Scientology Organization. Missionaire I/C, David Miscavige immediately bypassed all corporate lines of authority and started an inspection of the organization. He decided that the Executive Director of the organization was incompetent and he viciously interrogated him with an e-meter, (a form of lie detector), physically abused him, and removed him from his position on the spot.

17. From the local Org, we proceeded to the Mission Holder's Conference. By this time, David Miscavige had really worked himself into a lather, and he declared two Mission Holders "Suppressive Persons" and expelled them on the spot. This is brazenly bragged about in the issue "The Sea Org Moves In." The doors to the conference room were locked and guarded. Miscavige then lined up approximately 20 other Mission Holders, most of whom were crying and terrified, and told them to get their checkbooks ready as they had been "ripping off" Scientology Organizations of their 'rightful income" for too long. In reality, Miscavige and several others just took whatever amount of money they wanted out of the Mission Holder's corporate accounts.

18. Miscavige introduced Larry Heller, attorney for Scientology who was personally hired by Miscavige, who informed the Mission Holders that the "New Tough Management" intended to prosecute and jail anyone who did not comply with the orders and directions of the new management.

19. Lyman Spurlock, a senior Sea Org executive who was one of Miscavige's inner circle, threatened the Mission Holders with prosecution and explained that the Sea Org now had the power to do this to the Mission Holders because of all the new corporate changes that were designed to exert more control over the Mission Holders.

20. The "new management" is pictured in their Sea Org uniforms at the speaker's table in Exhibit "L 99." These are the same people who manage Scientology today, and they do it in the same manner, through their positions of power in the Sea Org.

21. When all of the speakers were done, each and every Mission Holder was viciously interrogated by multiple missionaires using the e-meter. Then each mission holder was required to have a mug shot taken, one from the front and one from the side, in the same way police commonly do. After the mug shots were taken, the Mission Holders were required to write checks from their corporate accounts for the maximum amount of money possible.

22. When all the Sea Org Missionaires returned to Gilman Hot Springs, which is the true home of Scientology's International Management, the results of the mission were sent directly to L. Ron Hubbard. The Commodore was very pleased with the report he got from David Miscavige and decided to make it a policy to run this mission in European countries where Scientology existed. I was sent on this mission along with others to do the same activity to Mission Holders in Copenhagen, Denmark.

23. This activity continued in other locations, executed by the International Finance Police under the direction of the International Finance Dictator located in the Commodore's Messenger Organization International. All of this was under the dictatorship of Miscavige.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Missionholder's Marauding Meeting

By October of 1982 when that mission holder's meeting was called, virtually every mission holder who was their had already gone over from the old Mission Office World Wide, MOWW, to Scientology Missions International known as SMI. The SMI missions were under an entirely different contract than the old MOWW missions. The SMI thing was designed as a rip-off from the start. In order to become a mission holder, you had to come up with
$35k to buy the starter pack, which loaded the mission holder up with a rediculous amount of inventory of books, e-meters, etc. The SMI contract also had a license to steal real estate clause. If a mission holder put up, say, $150k for a building, it was subject to being comandeered by Cof$ at any time, kiss your $150k good bye.

Prior to that meeting, there were plenty of atrocities even with the old MOWW franchise missions. Bent Corydon describes this in his book, LRH: Messiah or Madman? By late 1981, things had gotten so bad as far as how the Cof$ was dealing with the franchise missions that the old timers called a meeting down in Clearwater for a redress of grievances. The mission holder of the Connecticut missions was one of the ring leaders of that ... F. Brown McKee.

Brown and his staff at both of his missions tried to hide discussions of what was going on from on lines public, but to no avail, we would always catch at least part of what was going on ... especially when things were getting increasingly nuts, from 1979 through 1981. Brown knew it was over after the meeting with other mission holders in Clearwater. He was declared first week of January of 1982. He decided that since they declared him espee, he would act like on and do everything an espee should do ... go to the press, go public with abuses, and form a splinter group. He also testified at the Clearwater hearings in May of 1982.

Anyways, those were some interesting times. The entire character of the Co$ changed after that.

Pete

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Glad I missed that San Francisco meeting.

I got a call about 4:30 a.m. "Very important briefing. Must attend. No excuses. Be there."

WTF? Why call me at this hour? I blew them off.

I was scheduled to audit my preclear who had saved for several years to buy 12.5 hours of auditing. Would I abandon my preclear? No. Not even if hubbard himself were giving the briefing.

Had I gone, the airfare alone would have flushed my bank account. The Mission was never cushy in funds.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

There were many 'squirrel' type activities and policy violations going on in the field that lead up to, in part, the SMI set up, the mission holders conferences and the slaughter of the mission field. There was,as Cheryl Sola mentions Scientology Coordinated Services or SCS as it was called then
(" (Carl Barney's missions) 1978-1979. After his missions were put into receivership by Mission Office Worldwide (MOWW)"
Kingsley Wimbush's popular De-Dinging tech,and from my personal observation in the PAC area the issue of Org PC's going to Missions and Field Groups/Auditors because the orgs were slow to deliver were 'less upstat' looking and reg pressure was much non-existent at that time. People were doing whatever they wanted back then and it kind of blew up all at once with Hubbard's order, DM Nazi-type attacks with the Mission Holders in 81-82. That was when there was such a large exodus of scientologists leaving the cult.

byte301

Crusader
Well they all but ended scientology in Albuquerque with this. Bill Johannson, our mission holder, lost everything because of this...including his wife.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
There were many 'squirrel' type activities and policy violations going on in the field that lead up to, in part, the SMI set up, the mission holders conferences and the slaughter of the mission field. There was,as Cheryl Sola mentions Scientology Coordinated Services or SCS as it was called then
(" (Carl Barney's missions) 1978-1979. After his missions were put into receivership by Mission Office Worldwide (MOWW)"
Kingsley Wimbush's popular De-Dinging tech,and from my personal observation in the PAC area the issue of Org PC's going to Missions and Field Groups/Auditors because the orgs were slow to deliver were 'less upstat' looking and reg pressure was much non-existent at that time. People were doing whatever they wanted back then and it kind of blew up all at once with Hubbard's order, DM Nazi-type attacks with the Mission Holders in 81-82. That was when there was such a large exodus of scientologists leaving the cult.

Yeah, well, I still get calls from Jessica who started to explain to me "why I left Scientology" way back then. And it was the "story" about the Missions. And I cut her off mid-sentence and told her to never call me again.

When I was a course sup at the Riverside Mission in 1975-76 we were not squirrels. We did EVERYTHING based on HCOBs and HCO PLs (and the various books).

So, Jessica's whining and pleading to me "fell on deaf ears".

But it wouldn't matter to me anyway because I have been done with SCN forever.. it is a pseudo-science anyway.