What's new

Hubbard's Naval Intelligence Documentation

xguardian

Patron with Honors
I am not going to play games with those who won't face facts. It is incontrovertible that LRH was Naval Intelligence. Many Intelligence Officers actual duty will never see the light of day on paper. All the naysayers including Wikipedia have tried to play down his Naval Intelligence involvement. Wikipedia: March 1941 and was commissioned as a Lieutenant, Junior Grade on July 19, 1941,[13] entering permanent active duty in November.[14] He specifically volunteered for "Special Service (intelligence duties)", an assignation recorded on his commission papers. He spent only a brief time in this nominal role with the Office of Naval Intelligence. After four months working in public relations and at the US Hydrographic Office, he spent three weeks at the Third Naval District in New York training for the role of Intelligence Officer.

The fact is including his reserve time, LRH had 9 years in Military. The following documents his National Guard and U.S. Marine Reserve status that began in 1927. Any former military personnel can see by this document, that all of the training and commissions and assignments over 9 years at only an official pay grade of Lieutenant while given command of PC-815 and other important duty is very suspicious.. And other assignments that justify higher rank which seemed mysteriously absent.

http://www.spaink.net/cos/LRH-bio/servrcrd.htm

Names of Commanding Officers and their vessels are public, LRH's vessel is not. Wikipedia report: On June 28, Hubbard ordered his crew to fire four shells from the ship's 3-inch gun and a number of rifle and pistol shots in the direction of the Coronado Islands, off which the ship anchored for the night. He did not realize that the islands belonged to Mexico, an ally, nor that he had taken the USS PC-815 into Mexican territorial waters.[49] The islands were garrisoned by Mexican Navy personnel during the war.[50] The Mexican government complained and two days later, Hubbard found himself before a naval Board of Investigation in San Diego. He was found to have disregarded orders by carrying out an unsanctioned gunnery practice and violating Mexican waters. He was reprimanded and removed from command, effective July 7.[49] Rear Admiral Frank A. Braisted commented, in a fitness report written shortly after the Coronado incident, that he "consider[ed] this officer lacking in the essential qualities of judgment.

But the Naval document shows shows no disciplinary Board of Investigation as it should if happened.His following assignments were consistent with an Intelligence officer's postings especially his stint at the Monterrey Presidio where I also served in Army Intelligence Post. "Civil Affairs" is not PR. See link on dox for PC-815
http://www.uboat.net/allies/warships/ship/8642.html :coolwink:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I am not going to play games with those who won't face facts. It is incontrovertible that LRH was Naval Intelligence. Many Intelligence Officers actual duty will never see the light of day on paper. All the naysayers including Wikipedia have tried to play down his Naval Intelligence involvement. Wikipedia: March 1941 and was commissioned as a Lieutenant, Junior Grade on July 19, 1941,[13] entering permanent active duty in November.[14] He specifically volunteered for "Special Service (intelligence duties)", an assignation recorded on his commission papers. He spent only a brief time in this nominal role with the Office of Naval Intelligence. After four months working in public relations and at the US Hydrographic Office, he spent three weeks at the Third Naval District in New York training for the role of Intelligence Officer.

The fact is including his reserve time, LRH had 9 years in Military. The following documents his National Guard and U.S. Marine Reserve status that began in 1927. Any former military personnel can see by this document, that all of the training and commissions and assignments over 9 years at only an official pay grade of Lieutenant while given command of PC-815 and other important duty is vert suspicious.. And other assignments that justify higher rank which seemed mysteriously absent.

Names of Commanding Officers and their vessels are public, LRH's vessel is not. Wikipedia report: On June 28, Hubbard ordered his crew to fire four shells from the ship's 3-inch gun and a number of rifle and pistol shots in the direction of the Coronado Islands, off which the ship anchored for the night. He did not realize that the islands belonged to Mexico, an ally, nor that he had taken the USS PC-815 into Mexican territorial waters.[49] The islands were garrisoned by Mexican Navy personnel during the war.[50] The Mexican government complained and two days later, Hubbard found himself before a naval Board of Investigation in San Diego. He was found to have disregarded orders by carrying out an unsanctioned gunnery practice and violating Mexican waters. He was reprimanded and removed from command, effective July 7.[49] Rear Admiral Frank A. Braisted commented, in a fitness report written shortly after the Coronado incident, that he "consider[ed] this officer lacking in the essential qualities of judgment.

But the Naval document shows shows no disciplinary Board of Investigation as it should if happened.His following assignments were consistent with an Intelligence officer's postings especially his stint at the Monterrey Presidio where I also served in Army Intelligence Post. "Civil Affairs" is not PR. See link on dox for PC-815
http://www.uboat.net/allies/warships/ship/8642.html :coolwink:

Oh god, not another attempt to try and circumvent the facts about Hubbard.

You were debunked LONG before you wrote this - go read Chrios owens Ron the war Hero

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/warhero/truth.htm

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Hold the presses ! Stand by !

I'm putting the finishing touches on :

L Ron Hubbard, Astronaut !

Boy Howdy Shit Assed Doodie !!!!

I'll also work in his in breaking horses at 3, living on a ranch 1/4 size of the whole state, nuclear physicist, medical doctor, world traveller, sank Jap subs, saved Austraila single handed, God only knows how many war medals, twice married, 4 children and God only knows how many other incredible accomplishments !

C'mon folks, isn't there any limty to gullibility"

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
The documents speak for themselves...

Sure do . . .

. . . At the meeting, Davis and I also discussed Hubbard’s war record. His voice filling with emotion, he said that, if it was true that Hubbard had not been injured, then “the injuries that he handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” . . .

6477087591_7bd20882f5.jpg

Oh god, not another attempt to try and circumvent the facts about Hubbard.

You were debunked LONG before you wrote this - go read Chrios owens Ron the war Hero

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/warhero/truth.htm

The link you posted does not contradict xguardians remarks, merely those of the official church biography.

Keep in mind that being placed in NavInt doesn't mean you are being trained as James Bond. Bear in mind there is nothing especially 'heroic' about a posting to an intelligence branch of the uniformed services. There are and were a great number of mundane jobs in the military, especially during the war time period in which hubbard served. The service grew to a substantial size due to the number of conscriptees and had a massive bureacracy to support it all.

I don't know if xguardian's account is accurate or not, but having grown up around a number of u.s. naval veterans of the world war ii conflict I don't find his account particularly implausible.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Nothing exciting either way.

Mark A. Baker

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
The documents speak for themselves...get over it!:seeya:

It's amazing how hard some people will cling to delusions and try to prove them.

I've always found the naval intelligence excuse hilarious. Usually if you did intelligence work and they gave you an alternate record you could use and hide the covert work, but they didn't give intelligence officers fake records that made them out to be complete nincompoops like Hubbard's does. Because Hubbard was just a grade A nincompoop.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
The link you posted does not contradict xguardians remarks, merely those of the official church biography.

Keep in mind that being placed in NavInt doesn't mean you are being trained as James Bond. Bear in mind there is nothing especially 'heroic' about a posting to an intelligence branch of the uniformed services. There are and were a great number of mundane jobs in the military, especially during the war time period in which hubbard served. The service grew to a substantial size due to the number of conscriptees and had a massive bureacracy to support it all.

I don't know if xguardian's account is accurate or not, but having grown up around a number of u.s. naval veterans of the world war ii conflict I don't find his account particularly implausible.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Nothing exciting either way.

Mark A. Baker

and the US Navy is clinging onto the whole fiction67 years after the war ended because.... oh, really there isn't a reason.

And yes it does indeed contradict the OP - why? because unless the claim is that Hubbard was such an incompetent intelligence officer that they wanted to hide him as an incompetent Captain or navigation officer then what would be the reason? The CofS has certainly never managed to actually get around the records - and Owen does a very good job of showing that the claims of the cofs actually do have some basis in the war record of Hubbard.

So let's go back to the basics - if his training in intelligence was something more than his training period to be a cable censor then he was being trained FOR something. So what would have been the mission and why would it now, 67 years later, be still buried? While he was working on his converted trawler - was he not training people but instead doing... well what? Or Over in Oregon when he wasn't hastily and relentlessly hunting down magnetic deposits what super secret installation was he building?

Oh well. Believe what you will. Maybe he was busily discovering marcabs.

L. Ron Hubbard should have used a little of that 'Study Tech' to word clear, 'Fantasy' and 'Reality', he would have discovered they both have different meanings.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

yep they show that he theld a post in naval intelligence, ended up getting his ass returned to the USA after a few months and, after training in cable censoring got hiimself over to getting a ocnverted trawler commissioned.

Yuo of course are busy inventing a whole bunch of stuff that is not in the record that you are citing. How hilarious is that?

The records speak for themselves - it's a monumental pity that you are trying to speak over them.

... So let's go back to the basics - if his training in intelligence was something more than his training period to be a cable censor then he was being trained FOR something. So what would have been the mission and why would it now, 67 years later, be still buried? ...

Personally, I'm inclined to the view that IF he received a posting to NavInt it was for some such thing as basic communications training, possibly in preparation for posting as a line officer onboard a vessel. Nothing at all sexy or particularly noteworthy. Nothing that literally tens of thousands of others didn't also experience during the war years. Only, hubbard, with his typical megalomania tried to make it sound more important than it was.

As I said, posting to NavInt doesn't mean James Bond, or even Dirk Pitt.

I've known a bunch of ww ii & korean vets. The ones who endured the most rarely talked about it. The ones who talked rarely had much to say. The church's official biography is not credible. That doesn't mean there may not be elements of truth among the cr@p which have been twisted out of their context.

For myself; don't know, don't care. Hubbard served. As the son of a navy veteran I respect that. Hubbard boasted about his service and very much inflated his contribution to the war effort. As the son of a navy veteran I find nothing in that to be admired.

Mark A. Baker

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh Brother - not this again! L Ron Hubbard was a liar, con man and a NUT!

End of story!!

About his Naval Career - :whocares:I have already seen the FACTS about Hubbard and his lies about the Navy.

I am not going to even click on it and waste my energy about the HUBBTURD!! :biggrin:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

Indeed they do speak for themselves. 4.5 months in intelligence, getting thrown out of Australia for being a fuck up.

He didn't get promoted because he didn't do anything of note to deserve it.

His own affirmations mention his naval fuckups.

Dude, get over it. Hubbo was no war hero. He was a liar and a con man. On veterans disability pay into the 70's maybe the 80's I don't recall exactly.

Asking for psychiatric help from the VA as well.

Definitely a hero in his own mind only - sad

Indeed they do speak for themselves. 4.5 months in intelligence, getting thrown out of Australia for being a fuck up.

He didn't get promoted because he didn't do anything of note to deserve it.

His own affirmations mention his naval fuckups.

Dude, get over it. Hubbo was no war hero. He was a liar and a con man. On veterans disability pay into the 70's maybe the 80's I don't recall exactly.

Asking for psychiatric help from the VA as well.

Definitely a hero in his own mind only - sad

Nothing in the OP suggested that hubbard was a war hero, just that he did at some point have a posting in NavInt. Whether or not it is true, that really isn't all that big a deal in itself.

Mark A. Baker

What next? Hubbard was actually a Nuclear Physicist? :duh:

Well he did take one course even if he couldn't pass it. And he never actually said he had a ph.d. in it. :coolwink:

For a certain type of person, it matters not what his accomplishments are so much as what he can get others to believe about himself. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker :)