I guess I have to ask this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON, Dec 11, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON Patron with Honors

I don't really know any of you yet; not do I know if there is a shared philosophy here; but I do need to ask about that: lots of writers, including LRH propounded a point of view that weakness must be eliminated, only strength is respected etc. Is that the ethos here? obviously a generally robust and humorous tone is everywhere, which is fine by me; but that is a long way short of the 'eliminate every sign of weakness' thing. As you know, I am here to find out about my family, and being in a boxing ring isn't what I joined to do.

keep on keeping on, of course

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I think you'll find it's spread across the spectrum here, from hardass to wimp. I'm a bit of both, but tending more to the middle.

Paul

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Do not take one person's rants as representative of the rest of us.

From what I've seen here ESMB members are all over the place, just like the rest of the world. Some are angry, some bored, some funny and so on.

The overwhelming agreement is that the CoS is evil and most of us understand the "tech" is pretty useless. Outside of that, opinions and concerns are very, very widespread.

You were attacked by one person. Do not assume there was agreement with that from the rest of us.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  4. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Thank you both; just needed to check; because I was given the impression it was 'rite of passage' an initiation into being a confirmed member here; which, if true, is accepted. I just don't actually know, did Start really mean to be so horrible, or was it a kind of 'exercise'?

5. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Only strativarius can answer that. I try to remember that I don't know what's going on with a person outside of ESMB. Maybe it was just a bad day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

^^^^^ What Bill said. :yes:

We're all individuals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  7. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

This is such an important point. Everyone has stuff going on that can color their posts that has nothing to do with Scientology or ESMB.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  8. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Well, yup

thanks all of you, yet again, and I have asked him, and reminded him I am just a newbie, finding my way round

9. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

and i do try not to assume anything. Try I said, I make no claims about successes or otherwise.

10. Out Ethics

Out Ethics Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer

All Religious Cults want to weed out the weak and use the strong to benefit the cult.

Scientology is no different.

L Ron Hubbard was a nut.

11. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Well, yes; only this place isn't a cult. (I assume! lol) and ps, most legitimate religious groupings aren't either, of course, the boundaries can get blurred but mostly eg churches are safe places.

12. TheOriginalBigBlue

Well, Emma does have an RPF of sorts: Relegated Perfunctorily Forbidden

13. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I was attempting to lighten things when I said what I said about weakness (a week or so ago) ... it was meant as a joke, there is no initiation.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  14. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Right thanks again both, I think that makes it all somewhat 'clearer' (that damned word again!)
    blue, what on earth???????? Yes Emma seems to be a really good 'un, still, please translate that

15. TheOriginalBigBlue

Let me direct you to Gerry's dissertation on the Joker and Degrader Policy:

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/ars/ars-2003-09-22.html

Many of us spent a lot of money and very hard work, in the end, to have a fine appreciation for cult humor and by god that's exactly what we're going to do. You have a little catching up to do but trust me, it isn't about you. You don't need to conduct an interrogatory or investigation. None of us speak for Strat or anybody else. Imagine a room full of virtual cats that escaped Scientology and try to herd them.

Just have some fun. No worries.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

hmm, the hyperlink I'll pursue in a while. Money, hard work, cult humour, all those are in my backpack too, only my educations were in different set ups. So, while of course I have a lot of catching up to do, please recognise I might be less green or ignorant than you maybe imagined. A room full of cats is also a very familiar teaching situation to me. Herding? Why would anyone want to try to do that? Finally, I'd still like to understand what you were saying about Emma. All I know of her so far is she seems to be a wise head and a good heart.

17. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

18. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

In the Scientology cult they have the RPF which is the Rehabilitation Project Force.

This is where people go for punishment to "get with it" and conform to the Scientology cult mold. They get tucked out of sight and out of mind until they "earn" their way back into the group.

There's no cult here, is what Blue is saying...but if people get out of line they can get banned from ESMB.

19. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Ah, thanks. And, of course, that is a relief. It's getting to make sense; all's good; and I'm not into grudges either. Thanks again everybody.