I hate to admit it but this store scares the hell out of me....

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Leland, Aug 6, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

You may be more spot on than you know - if you grow up with part of the vernacular being that "ology" can be added onto anything just to describe any subject for which people become obsessed. The older generation used "ism".

This might be a good place to point out how close "Scientology" is to "Sciolism":

http://wordinfo.info/unit/1910/s:amphiscii

sciolism (s) (noun), sciolisms (pl)
    1. A pretension of having knowledge or being well informed about something; all of which is really deceiving: Such people as palm readers, clairvoyants, crystal ball experts, and readers of tea leaves are just a few examples of individuals who are considered to be practitioners of sciolism.
    2. Etymology: from Latin sciolus, "having knowledge"; from scire, "to know".

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  2. Margaret

Margaret Patron

Wow the similarity is startlingly !
    You do have to look twice.
    I don't think I allowed to post links for pictures yet, but I saw an ad for a Fruitologist.... It's a chain of fruit stores and that freaked me too. Here is the link in case I can post links.

http://www.fruitologist.com.au

3. yeah

yeah Aberrated

i've seen a place called pieology in Portland and I found myself lost in thought whilst looking at the name... like how could anyone be so 'smart' as to name a pizza place pieology pfft ..

There is one in indianapolis called pizzology

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  4. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

yeah, I too am visiting from the future, 2018.

What I see in the OP's photos and those that follow are bright, new, shiny, tastefully decorated buildings, lots of glass and almost no people in them. Rather like the Idle Morgues we have all come to loathe!

Jack

5. Teanntás

Teanntás Silver Meritorious Patron

"When you look at the pictures, what can you see ?" Insanetology :D

6. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Yougurtology was definitely a poor choice of a name. They should search for a new one at once. May I suggest Yougurtetics.

Helena

7. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

I would change the name to something more simple and common like "McYogurt" or "Yogurt King".

8. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

AHHHH. The study of everything Gurt. Get ya Yo here.