What's new

I once thought that. . .

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just like the chiropractor who sold her practice to join the SO in part because when she saw my husband and I leave she thought, "the enemy is has gotten to these two and the stakes are high.... I must join the SO"

She'll get used until she's a disintegrating rag and when she finally realizes it she'll have no livelihood, no savings, nothing. This story plays out over and over and over.

One of my best friends was one of the most sought after talents in Chicago. I am not going to mention what this person does because I don't want this searchable but, this person was, if you'll allow my terminology, in complete and total POWER in his/her field -- gave it all up to get on OT VII. This person is mega talented and who knows where it all would have gone. Now this person has to put it all back together again, no longer in the same prime of life without the promised "cause of matter, energy, space and time" advantage he/she traded it all in for.

Scientology = Broken Dreams at least eventually, always.

Oh yeah... I remember this one gal who had co-starred (at least had a major role--I'd seen her in it) in a movie with Robin Williams. The movie did quite well, actually. The cult trotted her out during a Freewinds event, and she gave this huge win. So, I don't remember what course it is, but there is one where that is 'ship-only' where you have to "mock something up", and then it has to actually come into being in the physical universe before you can attest to completing the course. (as an aside, our ED did this, and mocked up these shoes that she loved but hadn't bought that were really unique and she walked into some hole-in-the wall place in one of the ports of call, and DANG! Those shoes were there, and she bought them... ok, yeah... we actually would swallow this idiocy)

Well, supposedly this actor had mocked up 5 million dollars. And, at one point, supposedly the course supes came over and (this was very strange she said, because as any good Scio knows, it's a massive crime to disturb a student on course--we all chuckled knowingly) they told her she HAD to take a call from her agent who had been going nuts trying to contact her... TURNS OUT...she had this amazing TV offer--and when you added up the contract and the residuals and everything else, well damn if it didn't add up to 5 million bucks.

BUT, she had the cog that really wasn't important and joined the Sea Org instead while on the ship. omfg.

Also, anyone hear about the drummer from Depeche Mode giving it all up to join CMO? No idea if it's true, but it was definitely a story "back in the day", and that reference dates the hell out of me. meh:p

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
Interesting... seems the first telephone call that Ted made after driving off that bridge was to a Scientologist. A blonde gal that I met There was a tape of that telephone call taken in the FBI raid which is supposedly still at the Federal repository in DC. her name was Helga Wagner.. People Magazine in 1980 LINK

2009 article with a picture LINK

arnie lerma

Why did she record the call? What was said?