What's new

I went to church on Sunday

Gib

Crusader
I think the purpose of religion is to bring comfort to people who have trouble dealing with the world, to provide them with hope that things will turn out OK, either in this life or the next. Religions which do not accomplish this one primary task tend to lose people.

Scn stopped serving its parishioners and became an extortion racket long ago.

Do you think it began with Dianetics?

Scientology is Plan C , page 301, although not mentioned as of yet in that book Dianetics.

http://www.stss.nl/stss-materials/E...The_Modern_Science_of_Mental_Health_DMSMH.pdf

As far as I am concerned and observed, plan C worked for Hubbard for his time as ruler, although it is dwindling as we speak. :thumbsup:

But what really is Plan C, but Hubbardology, called Scientology, there is no such thing as Scientology - knowing how to know for people. But people still caught in the mind trap think they know, and all they know is "what would Ron do?". :laugh:

But, Plan A & Plan B actually failed big time, hence KSW was invoked by Hubbard. (unbeknown to the people involved at the time)

in·voke
inˈvōk/
verb

• cite or appeal to (someone or something) as an authority for an action or in support of an argument.
    "the antiquated defense of insanity is rarely invoked today"
    synonyms:cite, refer to, adduce, instance; More
    • call on (a deity or spirit) in prayer, as a witness, or for inspiration.
      synonyms:appeal to, pray to, call on, supplicate, entreat, solicit, beg, implore;literarybeseech
    • call earnestly for.
      "she invoked his help against this attack"
  • Invoke = appeal to authority, which is Rhetoric by Aristotle, which Hubbard studied under his Dean Wilbur at George Washington University and said in a letter to Dean Wilbur he, hubbard, would use Rhetoric to write books.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Difference between a church and real priest\pastor and a mafia terminator cult.

Sharing and stealing!

I forgot,

they even stole priest collar, robe, cross form others!
Exoscisms take decades while it's supposed to take hours!
Sinister dramatic comedy!

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
When I left that cult, very much damaged within myself, my soul, I went to talk with 2 priests and they have been very much good confident, and listen & spoke to me as soul healers. I can't recall they sold my anything about Jesus or any belief, but they gave me hope for better days, 20 years ago!

I believe it's a good move I did as, since I came into that Cult, it was the first time, for long, someone told me I was a good , kind person real concerned with others - as I thought, for years, I was a degraded sp being.

Difference between a church and real priest\pastor and a mafia terminator cult.

Sharing and stealing!

That is beautiful. The best that a human being can give another. If religions and their adherents would stop selling dogma and focus in on people as fellow human beings together all equal on individual spiritual paths I probably would take a kinder stance towards mainstream religion. $cientology certainly doesn't fit the bill, they are not a religion and only interested in domination and subjugation.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
One of our family old friend is an old priest - a bit of orthodox!
But anyway, he his devoted to Ste-Mary, queen of hearts.

This priest, in one of the two exorcist known in a large part of my country.
He performs exorcisms since I know him, + or - 40 years.
(he never talked to me about it though)

I sware,
He loves me (he's like a father for anyone who knows him) and never sorted out his cross a, yelling : '' You immediately get out of this body''.
(Oh! I wrote my name here.... :ohmy:)

Yes, true! And I never threw out this green stuff on him!
:laugh::woohoo::laugh:

Thus, I concluded I am not full of BT's , but $cientology is full BS.. :lol:

When I see him, next time, if not in a funeral context, I'll ask him how much ''real'' demoniac possession he had seen in his career.:nervous: (if it exists..which I am not certain)

Last edited:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
<snip>

Someone else posted here that when a 30 year Scientologist became ill and could not afford the medical treatment a suggestion was made to hold a fund raiser. This idea was rejected however probably because it would cut across the Scientology income lines. They could have had a student give the person assists for free as a charitable action but instead did nothing. Scientology is like no other religion on Earth and probably even on Marcab. They are a fraudulent religion that is only in it for the $.

That was a family friend. S/he did receive treatment (no thanks to anyone at the org but to a non-scn friend who spear-headed a successful fundraiser) and is currently doing well. Interestingly, s/he has offered on many occasions to do touch assists (for free) for local members who are ill. Almost always the offer has been refused. Actually, I can't think of a time anyone's accepted.

Mr/s Blanky and I have offered many times to cook for folks who are ill - no one's ever turned us down on that one. Maybe they know there's more magic in love and food than in assists.

Yes Claire. I have talked to numerous ministers of other churches and found them to be as you have stated. I didn't feel pressured or hounded or looked upon as a resource. In my experience they seem to be certain of their belief and helpful without forcing their belief on me and they didn't make me wrong or feel less for being a wog or non christian.

Scientology says its a church. Then they should act like a church and do things that churches do and I don't mean simply holding a fake Sunday Service like they do once a week. The church should give charity to those who are in need. They don't believe in prayer but do believe in postulates. When a Scientologist gets ill or needs help the least they could do would be to get a group postulate going for the infirm person.

Someone else posted here that when a 30 year Scientologist became ill and could not afford the medical treatment a suggestion was made to hold a fund raiser. This idea was rejected however probably because it would cut across the Scientology income lines. They could have had a student give the person assists for free as a charitable action but instead did nothing. Scientology is like no other religion on Earth and probably even on Marcab. They are a fraudulent religion that is only in it for the $.

very many churches are pleasant places to stop into, i recommend it highly

tell me sump'n deano, have you read my essay "to draw a line"?

it's been posted three times on this board and is now on the web at blitzfrieden.org

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have come to the conclusion that the Church of Scientology isn't a church.

It's silly to compare the COS with just about any non-cult church. It's apples and oranges.

If the COS were more like a church, well, I'm not sure what would happen.

It's not a church.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

It's silly to compare the COS with just about any non-cult church. It's apples and oranges.

It's not a church.

I think that being good, fair or decent isn't a prereq for being a church. There can be bad churches.

But, well, shit, CofS is certainly a cult and they're run like an MLM.

It would probably make things a lot more distinct if they'd revoke the religious status.

It's not a church.

your right to this opinion is a very, very important right

and yet few rights embrace more tragedy. it has taken centuries for rome to consider the possibility protestants might be able to form a church. recently orthodox jews chased reform jews from the wailing wall denying them as jews. as a youth in a dour yankee calvininst communion i was told from the pulpit "heaven will have the good baptists and mind you that's not all baptists and, maybe, a few methodists. there will certainly be no catholics"

and the bottom line is CoS is legally, lawfully and justly denominated as a church

and i was well aware of this controversy when i first took an interest in the subject. i thought it was a no-brainer. a mere cursory examination of the materials revealed a publicly displayed creed affirming god and a a philosophy and practice for developing the soul

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
your right to this opinion is a very, very important right

and yet few rights embrace more tragedy. it has taken centuries for rome to consider the possibility protestants might be able to form a church. recently orthodox jews chased reform jews from the wailing wall denying them as jews. as a youth in a dour yankee calvininst communion i was told from the pulpit "heaven will have the good baptists and mind you that's not all baptists and, maybe, a few methodists. there will certainly be no catholics"

and the bottom line is CoS is legally, lawfully and justly denominated as a church

and i was well aware of this controversy when i first took an interest in the subject. i thought it was a no-brainer. a mere cursory examination of the materials revealed a publicly displayed creed affirming god and a a philosophy and practice for developing the soul

American law can decree that the COS is a church. But I been to lots of churches and the COS ain't no church. And some churches do some pretty terrible things but at the heart of all the churches I've been to the common thread is acceptance that one's life can be better if we treat each other with decency and respect.

The COS practices shaking down everyone who walks in the door for more money or more time. If you give $1000, they want $10,000. If you work on staff, they want you for the SO. There is no, "Enjoy your ____(fill in family, job, life, art, hobbies, etc.)." If you cough up the $300K for the Bridge, you're expected to donate to IAS or the Ideal Org fund or, or, or. Spiritual benefit is advertised; more money and time is what is expected and there's no end to giving.

Decency and respect are early casualties of COS participation.

If you walk in into a protestant or Catholic church and spend some time, one can't help but see how rude and nasty and uncaring and brutal and vicious and serious and unfun the COS is. It's a latent shock.

There's a stark difference between the COS and the typical church because one is comparing apples and oranges. The easy distinction is church versus non-church.

Free Being Me

Crusader
American law can decree that the COS is a church. But I been to lots of churches and the COS ain't no church. And some churches do some pretty terrible things but at the heart of all the churches I've been to the common thread is acceptance that one's life can be better if we treat each other with decency and respect.

The COS practices shaking down everyone who walks in the door for more money or more time. If you give $1000, they want $10,000. If you work on staff, they want you for the SO. There is no, "Enjoy your ____(fill in family, job, life, art, hobbies, etc.)." If you cough up the $300K for the Bridge, you're expected to donate to IAS or the Ideal Org fund or, or, or. Spiritual benefit is advertised; more money and time is what is expected and there's no end to giving.

If you walk in into a protestant or Catholic church and spend some time, one can't help but see how rude and nasty and uncaring and brutal and vicious and serious and unfun the COS is. It's a latent shock.

There's a stark difference between the COS and the typical church because one is comparing apples and oranges. The easy distinction is church versus non-church.

What I find truly gobsmacking is that I lived, breathed, and spouted $cientology for over thirty years and now afterwards having left, hubbardites try to convince me I didn't join a cult. Not any cult mind you, but Elcon's $cientology: full of candy canes, rainbows, and unicons (misspelling intended). A cult that focuses in on draining it's membership of wealth, breaking families apart, infiltrating society outright with OSA and front groups in the background, lies and kills (then covers up the lies and deaths with more lies and death), viciously attacks anyone "not in agreement" with Elcon, completely mind fucks it's followers while misleading society with it's dupers delight and somehow hubbardites believe they are going to set me straight.

LOL

Last edited:
What I find truly gobsmacking is that I lived, breathed, and spouted $cientology for over thirty years and now afterwards having left, hubbardites try to convince me I didn't join a cult. Not any cult mind you, but Elcon's $cientology: full of candy canes, rainbows, and unicons (misspelling intended). A cult that focuses in on draining it's membership of wealth, breaking families apart, infiltrating society outright with OSA and front groups in the background, lies and kills (then covers up the lies and deaths with more lies and death), viciously attacks anyone "not in agreement" with Elcon, completely mind fucks it's followers while misleading society with it's dupers delight and somehow hubbardites believe they are going to set me straight.

LOL

really?

i thought you had only had a few month's association with CoS

thirty years?

in the name of a merciful god FBM how could you study those materials for thirty years and apparently learn absolutely nothing from them?

i'm not a "hubbardite". you may have adopted the mindset and practice of a cult member and i'm noot going to try to tell you you didn't

i am going to say i am not now and never have been a cult member. i'm also going to say auditing and auditor training are very good things which i've used to good, excellent and sometimes wondrous effect over forty years and that something which fits the semantics of the term "OT" is quite real and though my relationship to the result is transcendent some of the best results i've produced are very well observed as they occurred and very well recorded

thirty years?

i have to pick my jaw up off the keyboard where it just fell...

back in the day, just for one thing, they weren't shaking people down for $$$ all the time; that's davey's "church"

back then there was very much about the thing which was quite churchly, especially in san francisco where i trained. less so at fcdc

yah, and hilters germany was legally, lawfully and justly denominated as a country. Before the nut created havoc on the world.

i've no objection to your allusion to adolph's meat tenderizer. even back in the day when i first began the study i could see clearly that the way scn was constructed could extrapolate into a new dark age for planet earth if it could gain political power. still there was the intriguing subject of auditing so "damn the torpedoes! full speed ahead!"

and...

every poison in ron's work had it's antidote contained in the work

and...

hubbard himself clearly stated the materials could be used to enslave if in the hands of slavers

so...

us liberators have work to do and if you want to use the materials for liberation you're one of us and if you want to destroy the materials you aren't

Free Being Me

Crusader

LOL

really?

i thought you had only had a few month's association with CoS

thirty years?

in the name of a merciful god FBM how could you study those materials for thirty years and apparently learn absolutely nothing from them?

i'm not a "hubbardite". you may have adopted the mindset and practice of a cult member and i'm noot going to try to tell you you didn't

i am going to say i am not now and never have been a cult member. i'm also going to say auditing and auditor training are very good things which i've used to good, excellent and sometimes wondrous effect over forty years and that something which fits the semantics of the term "OT" is quite real and though my relationship to the result is transcendent some of the best results i've produced are very well observed as they occurred and very well recorded

thirty years?

i have to pick my jaw up off the keyboard where it just fell...

Commander, you, I, the rest of the people in or out of $cientology were or are still useful idiots. There's no shame in admitting it. The biggest part of Elcon's con is he honeyed his traps well. For the most part attracting honest, sincere, moral, well meaning people who wanted to help others lured in with having the Ultimate Secrets of the mind, soul, and life to better themselves and the world. What better facade for a Sociopath to have than those honest people protecting him with all their fervent hearts while misleading them with psychologically abusive indoctrination. The perfect cult.

The tech in it's beginning being Dianetics is Hypnotic Abreaction Therapy which Freud developed (Google is your friend). Please note all when pro-techies mention this they carefully omit mentioning the hypnotic part. Pare away Elcon's hyperbole, begging the questions, false premises, pseudo-scientific rhetoric, invented jargon and outrageous claims from Dianetics then that's all you have, a discredited psychiatric hypno-therapy process. And Scientology is the basis from Dianetics, a whole cultist empire built around one flawed hypnotic technique sold as Freedom. For more background information read Jon Atack's article at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker at this link.

You and I have been down this road before on a previous thread and I'm not here to convince you of anything. Your beliefs are what Elcon wanted you to believe, wanted everyone to believe actually. Thought reform, hypnotics, and inflicted cognitive dissonance runs deep. Perhaps it's a compliment in a morbid way that Elcon wanted those sincere people for his scheme. When you are ready, if ever to self question your certainty indoctrination about L Ron Hubbard, Dianetics, Scientology, the tech et al then you will understand why people call Elcon a con artist, charlatan, sociopath, DM the same, and $cientology a criminal cult.

Last edited:
Commander, you, I, the rest of the people in or out of $cientology were or are still useful idiots. There's no shame in admitting it. The biggest part of Elcon's con is he honeyed his traps well. For the most part attracting honest, sincere, moral, well meaning people who wanted to help others lured in with having the Ultimate Secrets of the mind, soul, and life to better themselves and the world. What better facade for a Sociopath to have than those honest people protecting him with all their fervent hearts while misleading them with psychologically abusive indoctrination. The perfect cult.

The tech in it's beginning being Dianetics is Hypnotic Abreaction Therapy which Freud developed (Google is your friend). Please note all when pro-techies mention this they carefully omit mentioning the hypnotic part. Pare away Elcon's hyperbole, begging the questions, false premises, pseudo-scientific rhetoric, invented jargon and outrageous claims from Dianetics then that's all you have, a discredited psychiatric hypno-therapy process. And Scientology is the basis from Dianetics, a whole cultist empire built around one flawed hypnotic technique sold as Freedom. For more background information read Jon Atack's article at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker at this link.

You and I have been down this road before on a previous thread and I'm not here to convince you of anything. Your beliefs are what Elcon wanted you to believe, wanted everyone to believe actually. Thought reform, hypnotics, and inflicted cognitive dissonance runs deep. Perhaps it's a compliment in a morbid way that Elcon wanted those sincere people for his scheme. When you are ready, if ever to self question your certainty indoctrination about L Ron Hubbard, Dianetics, Scientology, the tech et al then you will understand why people call Elcon a con artist, charlatan, sociopath, DM the same, and $cientology a criminal cult.

hypnosis is clearly, simply and firmly declared verboten in SOS

i have never used hypnosis

i believe what i choose to believe, my high regard for the tech is empirical