What's new

if disconnection were ended, how would it happen?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Ah, but disconnection is also used when the person to be disconnected from is NOT a declared SP, period. ( Been there done that ! )

For disconnection to not be a part of scientology the first thing that would be a mandatory requirement is LRH in no way shape form or influence be any part of it.

Old Bat Shit Crazy still has his fingers all up in every part of the cult & disconnection is an integral part of his madness.

Nope, pull disconnection & the whole thing falls a part.

The cult absolutely could not & would not function without disconnection - next airy fairy pipe dream please.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

--snipped--
Even if the lie detector doesn't work, all that matters is that you believe it works and confess.

This is the life of a Scientologist - knowing that some day, eventually, they will be on an e-meter and the needle will make a little tick or sweep across the dial and the auditor will say, "That! What's that!" and because Scientologists are so ingrained to tell the Church everything they will have to spill their guts and get called before the Ethics Officer which may likely result in a demand for many more hours of much more intensive sec-checking (Security Checking, interrogations on the e-meter) for which they will be charged full rate.

Leah did sec-checks for months and was charged something like 300k.

Scientology is in effect an incarnation of Orwell's Ministry of Truth and they are looking for thought crime with a machine that Scientologists believe can read their minds.

!! YES !!

...and the hoax is so perfected that they have the marks paying HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS to keep curing themselves at home (solo) with the C-meter (crime meter).

First adapter with early C-meter prototype demonstrates
solo thought-crime detection in the comfort of one's home.

phrenology3.jpg

-- [WORKSHEET BELOW] --

SOLO AUDITOR (says to self)
That reads!

SOLO PC (same being)
I don't think so. I
can't think of anything.

SOLO AUDITOR
Take a look. That! That! That!

SOLO PC
Oh that had nothing to do
with thought crimes. I just
thought of LRH.

SOLO AUDITOR
What crimes have you
committed against LRH?

SOLO PC
(LOL) OMG, I have been a loyal
Crimeologist for 57 years. I love
our Commodore and would never
do, say or even think of anything
negative about Mankind's Greatest Friend!

SOLO AUDITOR
Your Crimes!!! What did you do?
What did you say? What did you think?!
That! That! That! That! That!

SOLO PC
Really? That? Oh well, okay. That's
really nothing. I was just having
the thought that 'what if Ron's self-evident
axiom that the C-meter is never wrong is
not 100% accurate?

SOLO AUDITOR
Give it up. What is your thought-crime?

SOLO PC
Well...um, I thought maybe the C-meter
sometimes accuses innocent people of
crimes they didn't really commit.

SOLO AUDITOR
That is a suppressive thought-act that sabotages Ron's
technology and mankind's only hope! Pure evil!
The C-meter is never, ever, ever, ever wrong!

SOLO PC
I know. But it was just a random thought. . .

SOLO AUDITOR
Knock off the justifications! Your needle is still
dirty, you haven't confessed everything!
That! That! That! That! That! That!

SOLO PC
Shit! I don't even want to say this. But
once when I was on the Apollo with LRH I was on
Otto Roos' team that did an FES on Ron's 473 pc folders.
And...it's just that maybe the C-meter is not 100% right
in 100% of the cases. I mean....well....what if...but.....

SOLO AUDITOR (interrupts self)
Ron states that the C-meter is
never, ever, ever, ever wrong!

SOLO PC
I know, it's just that we found over
thirteen hundred separate LRH worksheets
where he Rockslammed! So, per LRH tech
that means that he had undisclosed crimes--and
evil purposes, a ton of them! I mean, I thought of that
because it really happened. So, is that
still a thought crime?

SOLO AUDITOR
Absolutely! It doesn't matter whether something
is rumored to have happened in the MEST universe,
we're here in session to handle your universe.

SOLO PC
So what do we do now?

SOLO AUDITOR
We end this session immediately and I
give you a routing form to ethics to
receive a standard PTS declare,
a Non-Enturbulation Order, Lower
Conditions and a massively time-consuming
and lavishly expensive amends project to
make up the damage you did on this planet.

SOLO PC
So, remind me, where is the ethics office again?

SOLO AUDITOR
It's in the living room. But give me a couple
minutes to change my clothes and put on
the naval costume so you don't forget that
this is deadly serious stuff and you are
about to lose your eternity.

SOLO PC
Okay, I get it. But do we really have to
continue this weird game where we pretend
to be two different people? Isn't that
kind of--schizophrenic or something?

SOLO AUDITOR
Hey! Knock off the backflash or I'll
send a KR uplines and we'll Com Ev you!

SOLO PC
"We'll"??? Who's "we'll"?

SOLO AUDITOR
All of us. Me and all my other posts, hats,
beingnesses, valences, voices-in-my-head,
BTs and bodies-in-pawn. We are not going
to just let you get away with having crazy thoughts!

Last edited:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
It would still be a clusterfuck, because $cientology.
Being brainwashed and shut down from outside influences is built in.
A few, very few would be able to reconnect with no problems, but when I imagined disconnection actually being cancelled for reals all I could see was a long string of problems for those on both sides of the fence.

I thought about my own girlfriend I lost... would I contact her if disconnection was cancelled and it would no longer "cost her, her eternity", (her words).

My first thought was yes, I could finally contact her without costing her hundreds or thousands of dollars in debugging or sec checks. My second thought was, the bitch still wouldn't want anything to do with a wog like me.
My third and final thought was, I no longer care enough to be bothered.

I used to want to save her, but it's probably too late and I'm not sure I care anymore. She really really hurt me dammit!

$cientology by its very nature would make reconnection into something ugly and controlled.
Like you'd be forced to reconnect with people and get PR in with them. You know it would.

So fucked up even thinking about it.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ah, but disconnection is also used when the person to be disconnected from is NOT a declared SP, period. ( Been there done that ! )

For disconnection to not be a part of scientology the first thing that would be a mandatory requirement is LRH in no way shape form or influence be any part of it.

Old Bat Shit Crazy still has his fingers all up in every part of the cult & disconnection is an integral part of his madness.

Nope, pull disconnection & the whole thing falls a part.

The cult absolutely could not & would not function without disconnection - next airy fairy pipe dream please.

You make an excellent point. If you are determined to be PTS the options are to handle or Disconnect from your source of "suppression". That can be virtually anything and has nothing to do with formally declared people unless the source of suppression just happens to be a declared SP by coincidence. That means at all levels of Scientology people are indoctrinated into the concept of Disconnection.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I have to agree with those who don't see any way for this practice to end. It would surely destroy the cult if they didn't severely manage what people find out. Hubbard for sure knew this, and I think Miscavige does too. This is why all dictatorships and cults have some form of censorship.

The leaders of cults know that disaffected ex-members are the biggest threat, because they are knowledgeable about the inner workings and obviously have disagreements with them.

Nowadays, thanks to the internet, many people who have never been in their cults know more about them than most rank and file members! That's why all the cults are shrinking. I've heard some big ones, like the Mormons or the JayDubs are only barely expanding in third world countries where internet access is limited to a few, and are hemorrhaging members on the home front.

I'm certain that if they ever even backed off a little on disconnection and information censorship it would start a chain reaction that would hit critical mass pretty quickly, and if not utterly destroy the cult, reduce it to a tiny fraction of its current size, composed of the most fanatical members.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Disconnection isn't going to stop. More and more people will wake up and disconnect from the cult. It's going to be very difficult to keep the few public they have with all the devastation hurricane Leah is wreaking. Orgs will continue to shrink giving stark witness to the utter fail of DM's Ideal real-estate boondoggle. In time I hope this can become the ex-JW board - a cult that has far more members that need to wake up.

DM is doing a beautiful job destroying the Co$. From probably 100K members 25 years ago to 20K now. Those are just awesome straight up and vertical stats for EXSCNS. Dave is in a condition of power for sure! Perhaps we should get Marc Headley to produce a DM-style international event celebrating the monumental apostate wins we are having. I think HellOfaHoax should MC.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Disconnection isn't going to stop. More and more people will wake up and disconnect from the cult. It's going to be very difficult to keep the few public they have with all the devastation hurricane Leah is wreaking. Orgs will continue to shrink giving stark witness to the utter fail of DM's Ideal real-estate boondoggle. In time I hope this can become the ex-JW board - a cult that has far more members that need to wake up.

DM is doing a beautiful job destroying the Co$. From probably 100K members 25 years ago to 20K now. Those are just awesome straight up and vertical stats for EXSCNS. Dave is in a condition of power for sure! Perhaps we should get Marc Headley to produce a DM-style international event celebrating the monumental apostate wins we are having. I think HellOfaHoax should MC.

Are you kidding me? Really? I predicted 20 for about now.

If this is true it's a reason to celebrate. Uh, what happened to the smilies?

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

And Xenu and the Body Thetans should handle the music.

Part and parcel would have to be going through the lists of declared people and see who would qualify to be undeclared. That would be the first step. The Rnders and Rathbuns and other critics of their ilk would be at the bottom of the list. No doubt I would be on the lower end of the scale. However, wouldn't many that didn't post and rant and rave on line have their declares lifted? Then they would be in good standing, and LRH's SP tech, which is the precursor to disconnection wouldn't be compromised.

Mimsey

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Disconnection is a function of SP Declares. SP Declares are a function of CYA for criminal acts, abuse and hiding the hokum.

The real problem here for the CofS is that people on the outside know too much about what it's really like. Disconnection now is as much as anything else an attempt to limit the flow of information which would cause still-ins to question the nature of the cult and what they're doing in it.

In that respect it's like the old Soviet Union, which used to rigidly censor the publications its citizens used to read and inhibit their ability to form contacts with foreign citizens. By the same parallel, Scientology needs a Gorbachev to start a process of glasnost and perestroika, but look what happened to the Soviet Union not long after he came along - it collapsed.

Scientology would collapse for the same reason which caused the USSR to collapse.

Both Scientology and Communism depended upon unshakable faith

How can you do away with disconnection without altering one of the core beliefs in scientology? Any negative opinions of scientology will affect your eternity. Disconnection is built into the philosophy of scientology.

The threat of disconnection keeps the bubble intact. Remove it, the bubble bursts.

It can't happen because of all of what you all said.

I would add

That since $cientology is not a ',religion'' but as we all know (except Ron's loyal officers, on this planet) this is a totalitarian cult organisation which has nothing to do wiht religion and spirituality, neither mandind wellness, but was intented to uses people as slave to grow a Kingdom for Ron the world ruler using any means that the ends justifies.

Disconnection is no different than black mailing, threats..those are the means used by the organisation to get a hold on it's members and ($$$ and slave work) and to avoid secrecy and abuses be told (flunk)

If the CO$ would consider cancelling disconnection , they would do it like Ron did it..A pr stunt..because the Disconnection policies are embedded in the ethics tech which is the hardcore of $cientology..

A true disconnection cancellation would imply
- the ethics tech is modified re: suppressive persons,
- Ethics actions , like sec checks are cancelled
- Ennemy condition is modiified
- tone scale is modified
- Jokers and degraders is cancelled
- pts\sp course and handlings modified
- sec checks list modified
- PTS\SP rundown modified

etc..etc..etc..

I think it would make it easier to just say the ''cherch'' of $cientology is in fact, the Cherch of disconnection.
It disconnect people from reality, from their self-determinisn, from their sanity, from their critical thinking, from the reality, from the normal life, from their basics needs, from their human rights, from their loved one, from the ability to genuinely love people, and from family...
They disconnect human beings from their humanity! to accomplish their deeds and goals!

The Cult of $cam allow only one ''ethical''connection - the CO$ connection!
Reconnection can happened only after leaving a, de-brainswashing and return to the true self!

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I seem to remember a quote from Hubbard to the effect that "scientology" is comprised of all the writings and lectures of Hubbard himself.

So if they ended disconnection then it wouldn't be scientology as defined by Hubbard. I don't see how they could explain that to their members.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
But I think the time for "name and shame" is upon us. If you were to "let her rip" would you stand to lose anymore than you already have?

Don't mean to put you on the spot....I guess I'm asking this question of myself, you, and anyone else who has info not released.

We'll see ... at the moment I'm just enjoying the peace of not having any cultic drama in my life and anyway I wouldn't want to make it a personal attack on any one person, the cult itself is the target for me.

I really do believe that every single person who was ever involved in scientology is some kind of victim of it ... very much including the one that I referred to in that earlier post (and even though I'd still quite like to rearrange his face for him).

:biggrin:

I seem to remember a quote from Hubbard to the effect that "scientology" is comprised of all the writings and lectures of Hubbard himself.

So if they ended disconnection then it wouldn't be scientology as defined by Hubbard. I don't see how they could explain that to their members.
Maybe not end the practice officially, but grant amnesty to many "sp"s who are not a big threat like the critics. Granting amnesty has a tradition in Scientology, and it leaves the tech intact.

Mimsey

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Part and parcel would have to be going through the lists of declared people and see who would qualify to be undeclared. That would be the first step. The Rnders and Rathbuns and other critics of their ilk would be at the bottom of the list. No doubt I would be on the lower end of the scale. However, wouldn't many that didn't post and rant and rave on line have their declares lifted? Then they would be in good standing, and LRH's SP tech, which is the precursor to disconnection wouldn't be compromised.

Mimsey

For it to truly end the mindset would have to break. People would have to come to the realization that questioning the validity of what they were taught in scientology was not only not harmful but healthy.

People would have to come to the realization that negative views of scientology were not harmful to them in any way.

People would have to come to the realization that they had been lied to about so many things they had come to believe were true.

Disconnection could not be simply turned off, people would have to realize the lie they had been living.

People would have to choose for themselves that disconnection was as wrong as they once believed it was right.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Mimsey

How ridiculous would the cofs look if they suddenly started "un-declaring" people and announcing that "whoops, we might have got that wrong ... now, give us lots of money and we'll audit out the loss and trauma of being declared for you ... and you can have your family back now too, just to prove how caring we really are".

It wouldn't work Mims, even current gung-ho scientologists would leave in droves and the cofs know it, it would be too much even for the most dedicated.

Also, the cofs will be very much aware of how many of us wear the "SP declare" with pride and will refuse to hand it back!

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

How ridiculous would the cofs look if they suddenly started "un-declaring" people and announcing that "whoops, we might have got that wrong ... now, give us lots of money and we'll audit out the loss and trauma of being declared for you ... and you can have your family back now too, just to prove how caring we really are".

It wouldn't work Mims, even current gung-ho scientologists would leave in droves and the cofs know it, it would be too much even for the most dedicated.

Also, the cofs will be very much aware of how many of us wear the "SP declare" with pride and will refuse to hand it back!

In other words, that ship has sailed and there is too much water under the bridge?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anybody know when the last Amnesty was and what the terms were?

The last amnesty was in 95/96 with the release of GAT.

There were strings attached to that amnesty. One had to write up O/Ws as part of it.

Amnesty is just a method of getting you back in the flock.

No one in their right mind that knows the facts is going to go back into the co$.