What's new

If I could talk, and you could listen......

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well said, Panda! Also, in the times I do get to speak with Scientologists, while speaking with them, I like to ask them a very simple question:

Why is it that *I*, a declared SP and expelled from your church, can invite *any* of you to come speak--and I'll be happy to discuss any issues, yet they cannot? Also, I constantly suggest people read, look, listen and make up their *own* minds----yet in 10 years of being "out"....I've yet to hear*a* member of C of $ say that (look at both sides) OR
come talk. It's usually then that they have to go....but my guess is for ~some~ they're either out, or still thinking about that. I know something similar helped me start thinking. :omg:

My best to you all here, and anyone lurking, see my note, please, below my name.

:rose:

Tory/Magoo

One of the things that really impressed me about you was whenever I see a video of you at a protest, you really show that you care about these people that are still in.

Love and Respect

Bob

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
<snip> "...Every year Kathy Bottorf is "Auditor of the Year" in Miami. Every year she gives a speech. More than a few times she has started her speech like this:

"I really really LOVE Auditors Day. I really really LOVE winning this award. I love it because it's the only time all year long when I get to talk and say whatever I want while you listen and grant me beingness." Then she smiles and nods her head up and down.

The crowd loves it. It's a very cute way to start her acceptance speech. Of course most of the folks attending the event have been audited by her and she is a dear girl and works her ass off for the cult putting in forty plus hours in the chair per week year after year after year.

But that's not what I want to write about....<snip>

Went to Kristi's site, looked up Kathy Bottorff (hoping she'd blown) but wound up confused instead.

The 'completions' list shows no activity from 1998 until March of 2012 -- with an entry that states Ms. Bottorff completed an advanced course re: Dianetics.

I'm not at all sure what, if anything, it means when a long-time staff member (esp. a revenue-producing auditor) takes a class of this type after a 14-year hiatus, but might it mean she's now a 'public'?

(Not intending to derail this thread at all - in fact, I highly recommend reading every post.)

JB.

Good twin

Floater
Went to Kristi's site, looked up Kathy Bottorff (hoping she'd blown) but wound up confused instead.

The 'completions' list shows no activity from 1998 until March of 2012 -- with an entry that states Ms. Bottorff completed an advanced course re: Dianetics.

I'm not at all sure what, if anything, it means when a long-time staff member (esp. a revenue-producing auditor) takes a class of this type after a 14-year hiatus, but might it mean she's now a 'public'?

(Not intending to derail this thread at all - in fact, I highly recommend reading every post.)

JB.

Yes. She very well might be public. She also easily could be one of those purgatory types. They stay public, but not very active. They go through the motions so their friends and family don't disconnect. But they've lost their taste for Kool Aid. There are many like that. KB comes from a large family of Scientologist. It would be painful to get fully out.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Yes. She very well might be public. She also easily could be one of those purgatory types. They stay public, but not very active. They go through the motions so their friends and family don't disconnect. But they've lost their taste for Kool Aid. There are many like that. KB comes from a large family of Scientologist. It would be painful to get fully out.

Ah - thank you for the clarification, GT. (And this thread, too! :clap:)

JB.