What's new

I'm done

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
The forum is not closing; this thread is left for historic reasons.
Go here: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27248-ESMB-lives-on.-Meet-your-new-Administrators

--ethercat

Back to Emma's post:

I know I've said it before and I probably won't be taken seriously, but I'm done with this.

I'm done with ESMB

I'm done with having Scientology play any part in my life.

I'm done with everything to do with this game.

ESMB is paid for until October 2012 at which time it will cease to exist. If you are an historian please take what you want from the archives before October. I'm prepared to give a copy of the database to a handful of people who can do what they want with it. Those people are Mick Wenlock, Paul Adams, Ray Hill & Ethercat. Those people might be able to salvage something.

I suggest registering at "Reach for The Tipping Point" message board if you want a new board. It is very well run & I have the highest regards for Ethercat. Also I think OCMB is accepting new registrations currently. Glibby, Sponge & RIF do a great job over there and it deserves support too.

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that I have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know I've said it before and I probably won't be taken seriously, but I'm done with this.

I'm done with ESMB

ESMB is paid for until October 2012 at which time it will cease to exist. If you are an historian please take what you want from the archives before October. I'm prepared to give a copy of the database to a handful of people who can do what they want with it. Those people are Mick Wenlock, Paul Adams, Ray Hill & Ethercat. Those people might be able to salvage something.

I suggest registering at "Reach for The Tipping Point" message board if you want a new board. It is very well run & I have the highest regards for Ethercat. Also I think OCMB is accepting new registrations currently. Glibby, Sponge & RIF do a great job over there and it deserves support too.

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.

That horse is DEAD! Recognized, certified, soon-to-be buried, DEAD.

Good for you, Emma.

If the board will disappear, I am done, too.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bon voyage and thanks for the memories!

Weird that I ended up as one of the first to respond to this, as I read so little and so seldom post here anymore... the main reason for that being some of the same things you mentioned as being behind your decision to quit this show. I first discovered OCMB about a decade ago. Before that, scientology was close the the very last thing on my mind! Then began this f*ing OBSESSION with having to get the latest news, put in my two cents, push a point, argue with someone, see if anyone I knew showed up, etc. etc.

FWTW, I for one will never consider you a sellout, liar, OSA, bitch, or any of that other stuff -- you're simply a human being who did a fine thing in making this meeting place possible for all the rest of us, and we thank you ... even when it did turn into an obsession! :melodramatic:

I completely get it that you want to quit the whole show, and I think that's a smart decision, and good luck and best wishes to you for all the other wonderful things I know you'll do with the rest of your scientology-free life. :thumbsup:

OldTimingMan

Patron with Honors
The new bridge. Same as the old bridge.
photo.php

Gadfly

Crusader
Hi Emma,

Good for you on letting it all go!

I have tried to explain in some of my posts in the past that each of us are defined by what and where we place our focus and attention. Especially where we put that attention and focus most often, routinely and/or chronically. Part of the the therapy of getting over Scientology is arriving at a point where one has "no reaction", neither for or against the whole thing. As if it NEVER EXISTED. As if it doesn't exist. One has truly "let go" of it ALL! :thumbsup:

That is from a "personal viewpoint". On a personal level I have found that THIS attitude is the best, to treat Scientology and all related to it, as the insignificant stuff that it is, "as a tiny ant on the butt of a pink elephant in a small crater on the dark side of the moon". Meaningless tripe.

Good for you Emma. :clap:

Granted, I would like to see someone take ESMB over, and continue it, or at least provide it in full existing form so that all threads and past posts can be found and read. Even if the forum itself is closed and no longer available for active posting and participation. The reason is that there is a WEALTH of material here to help any person understand the scam of Scientology, and to help any person unravel from the mindfuck of Scientology.

A great many intelligent and caring people, over many years, have created an amazing RESOURCE here in ESMB. It should be perpetuated.

I would prefer that THAT at least remain - the usefulness of the information here to help others "arrive past and through Scientology".

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
No way, if this board hadn't existed I would be still be totally confused, I've learned so much from being on here. I feel that I have grown in many ways into the person I was before I swallowed the toxic soup.

You've done an amazing job and I will be forever grateful. Fuck's sake Emma, ''all I've done is make enemies!'' No way, you've done what you set out to do. Don't listen to a few wingeing ones.

You deserve a rest and to get away from mud slingers and name callers that have wound you up from time to time. You even deserve to have a life.

Thanks for all you've done, love you shit loads.
La la

dianaclass8

Hi Emma,

I don't think that you are any of those things at all, on the contrary, I always had respect for you despite our difference in opinions on certain subjects, for the most part I see you as a brave soul who has contributed a lot to others and has put a lot of your energies to help despite the attacks.

I hope that ESMB continues to be there because a lot of true history has been written here and it has the best comments.

When one is in the game of fighting for justice and what one believes in one does enemies, it is part of the game, so what??!!! Who cares? Really, don't let that take you Emma, you are in the condition of Power as far as I am concerned.

I sincerely wish you the best and have a lot of fun with your husband and famiy. If you ever come to LA I will throw a huge party in your honor.

Thanks for everything and don't change...

Aida

I'm done with ESMB

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that I have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

Over & out.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I'm happy for you. Now the creeps that have been falsely accusing you of all kind of bullshit will have to find something else to do.

Game OVER.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Emma, and goodbye. It's been great. :yes: Will miss you and ESMB - all here. :bigcry:

- Have a great life. :yes:

Arthur Dent

Hi Emma,
Just so glad I was able to be here. It absolutely made a difference to me personally on exiting the cult of insanity. It helped me find footing and kept me grounded and kept me from losing it and spinning after ending over 35 years in. It helped me, to a marked degree, to get back my own thinking and truth. It hasn't solved everything but the rest is, obviously, up to me. It was a safe place to be and hang out and, of course, to keep an eye on all the breaking news that made my day so many times! I've made friends here and some in real life and I wish I could know more people here personally... and maybe I will now that I know the world, I mean the board, will end. :ohmy:

My sincere gratitude and love for virtually giving birth to this board and helping so many people in so many ways! :heartflower:

Love,

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emma, my heart sunk when I read your post, but I totally get it. ESMB has served an amazing role in helping people. You did a wonderful thing and devoted many years to making sure it was a safe haven for exes who needed to connect with people who understood. It was a great gift to so many.

You were a pioneer, putting up this board. I'm sad that there are people who saw fit to attack you, and especially that you have lost friendships over it. It shouldn't be that way. I would be fed up too.

More than anything though, I want for you the freedom that you have given me and so many others through your board. I was able to stop paying attention to ESMB when I didn't need it any more, and to put my healed self into the world and finally live my life. You haven't yet had that freedom, and I am truly happy for you that you are about to

Thank you Emma, for helping me heal. Now it's time for you to spread your wings and live free of your past. Godspeed!

muldrake

Patron

I'm done with ESMB

You owe nothing to anyone, if you're done you're done, and good job.

Have an excellent the rest of your life without a stupid cult in it.

Irayam

Patron with Honors
Dear Emma,

I don't know you "in real life" but I know that you are a good person. Thanks for all you have done with ESMB. You have the right to stop it whenever you want. You can be proud of this part of your life!:thumbsup:

Take care and have a wonderful time!:happydance:

All the best to you and your loved ones.

Irayam

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I don't blame you one bit, Emma. But, that being said, I am sad about this because I don't believe that you deserved the bullshit you've had to put up with. I'm glad you are living your life, of course, and I want you to do what YOU want to do.

I wouldn't want you to be driven off the internet or have anyone attempt to do that or have you be intimidated in any way. I would want you to do what you want to do out of interest, happiness, personal choice.

I support your decisions.

small steps

Patron with Honors
Hi Emma

I can't even begin to properly exress my gratitude to you for putting this board here and keeping it here through all the crap that you have to deal with! As a rule I read more than post.....I continually have my views challenged here and feel that because of this resource, more than anything else, I have been able to grow and learn to accept, and understand, the numbing experience that has been scn. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I wish all the very best for the future wherever that may take you!

Eternally grateful

Dave

Adam7986

Declared SP
I would like to do the same, but my parents and my brother keep me connected, I suppose one daythey will be out of it, I hope that day comes soon.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

I'm done with ESMB

Over & out.

Fair enough Emma - you are bound to go to heaven - you have served your time in hell.

Please do send me a copy of the database - I will investigate making it an archive that can be of use. I would hate to see the awesome work you have accomplished here not be of use for people in the future.

Don't look back my dear - you have been an inspiration to all of us. Very proud indeed to cal you a friend. You have my private email and my home phone number - make use of them any time you wish to discuss something really important like cricket, rugby or football...

And if you guys ever get your asses over here - you have a place to crash.