What's new

In Re David Mayo

An absolutely lovely post about David Mayo was recently made on MR's blog by Karen de la Carriere. I wanted to post a link to it for others to enjoy.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/deconstructing-the-mayo-myth/#comment-117245

Karen#1 | April 12, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Reply
Thanks for this post Joe.
Thanks Dan ~~ Joe Howard for your keen analysis as well.
I lived, breathed, interned, studied, spent huge amounts of time with and around David Mayo year in and year out.
He is and always has been an Opinion Leader of magnitude for me.
He has been maligned in the way Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder are continuously maligned.

David Mayo, more than anything wanted auditors to be trained.
David Mayo never ever let a single case get bogged down in those years.
There were no refunds or people leaving the Church in those years.
The technology gave the results expected and Mayo made damn sure those leaving the Apollo or FSO were 1000% satisfied.
He by-passed, took over the folder and personally CSed it to dazzling result
if the case wasn’t being handled by lower CSes.
We, the Class XIIs watched this over and over and over again.
He was not chosen by LRH to Be Senior CS on the Apollo, Senior CS of the FSO, Senior CS of the Flag Land Base and Senior CS INT because LRH was stupid and shortsighted.

Unlike DM who took power illegally, David Mayo was chosen by LRH for the most senior Tech terminal post for about a decade.

David Mayo saved LRH’s life and added YEARS to it.
By many corroborrated accounts LRH would not have made it before David arrived in 1978.

Many criticize Mayo who buy every kind of 3rd party under the sun.
Mayo Nots or Mayonaisse could probably roll back to Miscavige who has never run an HGC, debugged cases or made anything but robots for auditors.

David put in his 100 hour weeks, served the Commodore, kept the Apollo afloat with the small handful of auditors which were virtually the only source of Income for the ship in those days. This permitted LRH to continue his research and David was the key person enabling the Apollo HGC to flourish and prosper.

I can only image the how the WRONG ITEM of forcing him to run around a pole for 12 hours a day in HEMET sun for months (he lost his teeth) impacted him.

Setting him with flagrant and unconscionable lies as a DRUG RUNNER with Interpol is a classic DM malicious THUGGERY revenge action.

I have David Mayo’s telephone number and address. I just haven’t been able to call him. I am ashamed of myself because I did an “RTC Mission”
under Gary Klinger with Jimmy Meisler to harm ACC. Why did I do that ?
How could I have enabled RTC against the one good man that I saw year in and year out contributed more to the motion than most ?

Because I was drinking the Koolaid and I was operating under the held down 7 of “greatest good.” I am still today hung up in my own overt here.

David Mayo was ahead of his time when he stated (paraphrased)

“No one Entity should have the POWER to control or THREATEN one’s Spiritual future and “Eternity”.

Absolute POWER corrupts ABSOLUTELY.

Mark A. Baker

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
An absolutely lovely post about David Mayo was recently made on MR's blog by Karen de la Carriere. I wanted to post a link to it for others to enjoy.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/deconstructing-the-mayo-myth/#comment-117245

Mark A. Baker

Thank you for this, MAB.:thumbsup:

I have not the stomach to read Marty's blog and would never had read this otherwise. I, too, knew Mayo and have made a number of posts in the past on ESMB re: David. A remarkable man...kind, decent, thoughtful, highly intelligent, meticulous, conscientious and so, so caring of others. :yes:

Bravo Karen!:clap:

Face:)

In reply to another poster's remarks about David Mayo, Marty Rathbun posted the following.

martyrathbun09 | April 12, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Reply
I didn’t call him a “liar.” I said he lied through his teeth and he did. You just caught him temporizing it after he was called out on it. To answer your question about who said Mayo developed NOTs – go check with the CBR people and their fifty something OT levels. Ask some piercing questions on what lead to that psychosis.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/deconstructing-the-mayo-myth/#comment-117103

To which I have replied as follows ....

Mark A. Baker | April 12, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Reply
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
“I didn’t call him a “liar.” I said he lied through his teeth and he did.”

Curiously this is something for which you yourself are especially noted, having made a lengthy career of just such activity while an executive in the church. Admittedly, this gives you some expertise in the area. Unfortunately, it also serves to undermine your own personal credibility.

It’s easy to believe a known liar when he admits to having been one. It is not so easy to accept his word when he accuses another of being one also.

This conundrum becomes all the more difficult when the man who accuses the other of lying was a party to treacherously dealing aimed at the other in the past, and that the target of his accusation is a man who is himself widely known and highly regarded for his innate decency, honor, and integrity.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/deconstructing-the-mayo-myth/#comment-117330

Once more 'awaiting moderation'. :coolwink:

It almost seems inappropriate to acknowledge the sullying of David's reputation by MR on this thread. Still, I think it is more appropriate to remember all that David has contributed to so many and how some few are desperate to go to any length to destroy his public repute. It's disgusting, but it is very much still happening.

Mark A. Baker

FoTi

Crusader
I don't know about the rest of Karen's post, but the part about people leaving the FSO 1,000% satisfied, is not true for me. I left there in '79 feeling squashed and confused...my life was crashed. I saw others....one left and came back to Flag in a wheelchair. Another on NOTS, borrowed money from me because they wouldn't let him go home until he got more auditing. He went home and found his business crashed and his wife with another man....some wins. In less that a year he had left Scientology and never paid me back. Even though his name is in the list of completions for service at Flag, when I was at Flag in '90, I tried to find out where he was so that I could get him to pay me back. Flag had never heard of him??? Another woman was at Flag to get 2D handling, in '79 or '80. She came back to my friend's house, shot and killed herself on my friend's couch. Another woman left Flag, came to LA and got run over by a motorcycle near the Manor Hotel. What kind of 1,000% satisfaction is this? This was a scary time from where I was viewing the services at Flag. I saw too many upset people lined up outside the MAA's office when I was there. Karen must have been looking at something very different from what I saw.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Others have had far more and closer experience with David Mayo than I ever did.

All I know is that the exchanges I has with him as a CS left me with respect for him.

Perfect? I doubt it. Be he seemed a damn sight better than most I have encountered.

FoTi

Crusader
Never met David Mayo, but I wish I had. When I was a Letter Reg at AOLA in '85, one of the people I wrote a letter to, wrote me back. He was doing OTIII outside the church with Mayo. He was quite happy with his services and said it was cheaper. I read no further. We weren't allowed to look at stuff like that. I thought he was an SP. I promptly deadfiled him. Now, I wish I had listened to him and walked away from CoS back then and gone to Mayo's place to continue with services. It would have saved me a whole lot of money and heartache, and I think my life would be better today.

I liked Mayo's videos. He seemed sincere.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Never met David Mayo, but I wish I had. When I was a Letter Reg at AOLA in '85, one of the people I wrote a letter to, wrote me back. He was doing OTIII outside the church with Mayo. He was quite happy with his services and said it was cheaper. I read no further. We weren't allowed to look at stuff like that. I thought he was an SP. I promptly deadfiled him. Now, I wish I had listened to him and walked away from CoS back then and gone to Mayo's place to continue with services. It would have saved me a whole lot of money and heartache, and I think my life would be better today.

I continue to send the letter regs helpful messages.
Hopefully I can plant a seed.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for that post on David Mayo, Mark. I knew him only briefly - got my Int R/D from him back in '71 - but he really was a stalwart in the Scientology of the seventies. It was when I saw him and other seniors being booted out that I knew that the admin-morons had taken over the CofS and that it was now time to leave.

Mystic

Crusader
David Mayo was a scientologist. A student of hallucinatioin and illusion. A weaver of lies just by having been a clam.

Been there, done that.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

he [Mayo] really was a stalwart in the Scientology of the seventies. It was when I saw him and other seniors being booted out that I knew that the admin-morons had taken over the CofS and that it was now time to leave.

It was Hubbard who fired Mayo as senior C/S Int. and had him kidnapped and taken to the desert. There Mayo was C/Sed (with Hubbard overseeing the C/Sing) to do the run-around-the-tree process invented by Hubbard. The "moron" that took over in '82 was Hubbard, resurfacing after the massive document shredding&hiding that was supposed to conceal his involvement with any possibly incriminating Scientology activities, and make it "safe" enough for the cowardly Hubbard to direct his number one henchman, Miscavige, to loot the Missions.

Hatshepsut

Crusader

I would so LOVE to see those videos again. They must've been utterly destroyed back in 1983. No traces anywhere of the old Tech Films. :unsure:

There hasn't been a peep from anyone leaving after the mission raids regarding these materials. Many of the Class IV Orgs had these films in their files. And yet...not a peep. :bigcry:

I'm going to ask Karen#1 if I can contact David Mayo. In Mark's link to her post on Marty's blog, she stated she has his address and phone number but hasn't used it. I know its a security risk, but I have some hope.

The thing with David was that he had 'sight'. He would look at you during your interview or when assessing and he could 'spot' what was going on in your space whether you knew what it was or not. You almost felt embarrassed the way he could see your imagery and how any mental masses moved in your space in response to certain subjects. To have someone who can see what you are creating mentally or what your spiritual energy is stuck 'being' as they talk to you is unique. Most see things through their own filters and private significances. Few are adept at just looking and seeing what's there.

When it comes to NOTS, I think its coming to a dead end. It's not creating miracles like it once did back in the late 70s and early 80s when David Mayo and Jeff Walker were around. Instead of looking for what life is being and how it is handling things for you, one is looking at 'who's ' intentions are being executed, and how slippery any insidious CIs may be.
It's as if there's some perverse belief that everyone's been infiltrated by some invisible anti-Scn force from the shadow side of the cosmos..

Someone is afraid to really set people free. Look at all the rigamarole you have to go through to trap your attention again right after you've made any progress.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

Where it comes to NOTS, I think its been sabotaged, and coming to a dead end. It's not creating miracles like it once did back in the late 70s and early 80s when David Mayo and Jeff Walker were around.

-snip-

I saw a lot of hype, including Mayo - who was then a totally dedicated Sea Org member - giving a talk at Flag about how NOTs would finally make it possible to do old Route One processes and become OT. The same promise had been made after OT 3 was first released and, earlier, after the Clearing Course had been released.

I did see some people in a state of elation, and some people walking around asking questions such has "Am I transparent yet?" (A supposed EP on NOTs), but I didn't see any miracles.

The first solo NOTs completion died soon thereafter, and I don't know of anyone who went to Flag to receive NOTs, who had a serious illness, who recovered from that illness. Usually, after they became sick enough and were regarded as an embarrassment, they were quietly sent away.

Mystic

Crusader
I am also grateful to David Mayo for having helped to developed NOTS. Contributed greatly to the eventual demise of scientology and the exposing of the so-called "tech" for the farce it is.

G

Gottabrain

It was Hubbard who fired Mayo as senior C/S Int. and had him kidnapped and taken to the desert. There Mayo was C/Sed (with Hubbard overseeing the C/Sing) to do the run-around-the-tree process invented by Hubbard. The "moron" that took over in '82 was Hubbard, resurfacing after the massive document shredding&hiding that was supposed to conceal his involvement with any possibly incriminating Scientology activities, and make it "safe" enough for the cowardly Hubbard to direct his number one henchman, Miscavige, to loot the Missions.

Hubbard always had a tendency to believe the suspicions of others around him and was not sharp about who was trustworthy and who was not. Remember the story of the early orgs that got stolen from right under him by fooling him this way? (Wichita, was it?)

USGO started looting the orgs and missions in 1980, Veda. The year is absolutely accurate, I was Dir Income USGO. I'm not sure of the month, but the weird monstrous transfers happened around the second half or last quarter of the year. Now I'm thinking for the first time that may have been under Miscaviage direction, but in 1980 he hadn't come to power as far as I knew. The sig that authorized the huge transfers on all the accounts was completely unknown to us as any sort of GO or COS exec and it wasn't legible, either. The looting was PRIOR TO RTC. Stats had been falsified for about two years (i.e., AOLA's reserves - and Al Crivello, A/G Finance AOLA, was thrown out and suicided over this when it was found in 1982 or 1983) A single signatory that wasn't Hubbard or the execs as outlined in policy as authority over all accounts was a freaky thing to see. Wish I could say who it was, couldn't even read the sig. But Martin (Marvin?) Nelson, who was then Dir Disbursements USGO in 1980, showed me the monstrous transfers out of the AOLA accounts and through USGO accounts to foreign accounts. Other transfers were going on simultaneously elsewhere.

IF there was a second looting, I wouldn't know about it. Still - L Ron was, by policy, the ONLY sole signatory until then. So he had to authorize another person to become that sole signatory.

Last edited by a moderator:

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
David Mayo was a scientologist. A student of hallucinatioin and illusion. A weaver of lies just by having been a clam.

Been there, done that.

I saw the following exchange at Rathbun's blog.
Methinks they are copying your mantra. :yes:

MostlyLurker | April 12, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Reply

I would like Mike Rinder, if he can, to tell how much money he (as CO OSA INT) paid to gag Mayo, and how much freedom the gag agreement leaves to Mayo (supposing he is still alive) to refute accusations made on him.

Co$ (secretly from Scientologists) paid huge amounts of (our) money to gag ex-scientologists so that they wouldn’t tell us their stories. That’s a shame.

martyrathbun09 | April 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Reply

Mike, recognize this guy is at best a synthetic personality programmed to create conflict.
mrinder | April 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Reply

Marty — yeah, I don’t do well with synthetics. They rub me the wrong way. Prefer cotton, wool or silk.

Mystic

Crusader
I saw the following exchange at Rathbun's blog.
Methinks they are copying your mantra. :yes:

MostlyLurker | April 12, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Reply

I would like Mike Rinder, if he can, to tell how much money he (as CO OSA INT) paid to gag Mayo, and how much freedom the gag agreement leaves to Mayo (supposing he is still alive) to refute accusations made on him.

Co$ (secretly from Scientologists) paid huge amounts of (our) money to gag ex-scientologists so that they wouldn’t tell us their stories. That’s a shame.

martyrathbun09 | April 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Reply

Mike, recognize this guy is at best a synthetic personality programmed to create conflict.
mrinder | April 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Reply

Marty — yeah, I don’t do well with synthetics. They rub me the wrong way. Prefer cotton, wool or silk.

I see no copying at all.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron

Been there, done that.

So have we all. The important thing is not so much what we believed then, but what we think and believe now. David Mayo, while never perfect (who is?), was a prince among men. Whatever his Scientology role(s), he was a man of decency and integrity and I'm sure he still is, wherever he is. Like many others, he may have been dudded but I know he was never malicious or evil.

Mystic

Crusader
So have we all. The important thing is not so much what we believed then, but what we think and believe now. David Mayo, while never perfect (who is?), was a prince among men. Whatever his Scientology role(s), he was a man of decency and integrity and I'm sure he still is, wherever he is. Like many others, he may have been dudded but I know he was never malicious or evil.

Ya. When I was in and knew David, I just plain liked him as a person. David was not a GO/OSA-twisted mind.