Interesting tactic used by ex-Mormons

Discussion in 'Great Web Sites and Links' started by Edwardo, Feb 12, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Their church does try to instill moral beliefs in their members. I worked with a few in the past briefly and had a positive impression of them as well.

I'm not a fan of organized religion but couldn't join their church even if I was. They forbid their members from drinking coffee. :omg:

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • List
  2. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:lol: Yeh, they can't drink any hot drinks and stay away from caffeine, too.

Doesn't stop them from loving ice cream, pie, steak and lots of other things, though. Their diet isn't anywhere near as extreme as 7th Day Adventists.

"Seventh-day Adventist diet. ... According to the official site of the SDA Church, “A well-balanced vegetarian diet that avoids the consumption of meat coupled with intake of legumes, whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables, along with a source of vitamin B12, will promote vigorous health.”

https://eat.selectivor.com/seventh-day-adventist/

The 7th Day Adventist diet may make them live longer, but does nothing to stop dementia in lifelong members, and I'm not talking about mild dementia, either. :omg:

IMO, the 7th Dayers are a LOT more culty than the Mormons, even if they don't have their own magic underwear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

There's a lot to be said for magic underwear ... I'd probably have stayed in the hubbard cult if magic knickers had been part of the sailor suit uniform thingy.

Magic drawers (with a little bit extra).

:giggle: