Is it me?

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Mimsey Borogrove, Oct 15, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

It isn't only in that direction your pointing. Sometimes it can be psychological in that you can convince yourself that some feeling your having has to do with the book you have recently read and the natural phenomena that is occurring at that time.

In posts that you point at certain aspects of phenomena escaping the notice of some people you come across as attempting to sell only the direction you want a person to be directed.

2. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

3. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder -- when there are fewer of hours of light each day. I have a light thingy that I'm supposed to use for an hour each evening, just after the sun goes down, to fix this. (And I'm going to build a second light thingy one of these days.)

Helena

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Helena,

I found some years ago, that I developed a little dry skin condition on my legs. Taking it to my friendly dermo-man he labeled it some sort of fancy Latin named winter dry skin condition, and prescribed I use some gooey junk to keep my skin "moist."

Heh! In any event, the next year I was ready for this monster, and come late September with the temperature far from winter cold (it was still in the high '70's) my leg dry skin thingie was manifesting . . .

Thus I got interested in what changed!?! Well it was not the temperature of the cold.

What had changed was the angle of the sunlight hitting where I lived in NYC . . . we had gone through the equinox . . . and interestingly enough, as I researched the situation, I could sense the difference in the wavelength of the light. This, by the way is something I learned in Oz. Early morning light is of a slightly different wavelength than late afternoon.

Compounding the wavelength of light change is the fact that Manhattan is one giant construct of deep canyons . . . very little direct sunlight down at where mere mortals inhabit.

So I got bright. I fitted out my office and living room with full-spectrum light bulbs that throw out the natural light wavelengths we get from the sun.

I have told this story before on ESMB . . . but the fact is, this trick saved my skin. My MD dermo-man told me I should publish my findings . . . he says I might win a Nobel! :D

R

5. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Given the nature of both the Sun and us Homo Sap's, it seems plausible that the Sun can have an effect upon our mental health.

Here is a link to an article concerning this possibility from New Scientist (from 2008):
    https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13769-does-the-earths-magnetic-field-cause-suicides/

Excerpt:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

It's pretty well known that most people find that their skin becomes a bit drier in winter, especially as they get older ... there are various contributing factors ... windy and cold weather, wearing more clothing, more bedding and maybe using one of those electric blankets (yuk!), changes to diet (less salads, less water) and being indoors more perhaps with heating on all contribute to drying out your skin (in summer extreme sun and air conditioning will do it too but we tend to drink more water then and that helps a lot).

I forget to mention one of the main things that can dry out skin ... in winter, having hotter (and perhaps longer) showers or baths and (all year round) using chemical cocktails (skin washes, soaps and many of the available creams) on your skin.

I doubt I'll win the Nobel for this but after showering applying a very thin layer of almond or olive oil to your skin (or whatever oil you have) will fix it overnight ... and using a natural soap.

7. I told you I was trouble

8. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

If you want to see / listen to a really great interview - try this one - Neil deGrasse Tyson and Joe Rogan - Oh god - talking wrestling, TV & movies - twilight zone, the correct and incorrect science in star trek, star wars, gravity, monster's inc., how to use oxygen to find life on other planets, what if there's too much oxygen in the atmosphere, how they use pi to figure out hat size, different sizes of infinity, fourth dimension portals, pluto, planet X - and I am only 3/4 of an hour into it.

Mimsey

9. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Hey, Mimsey, did I post this for you before?

Qi Gong Master Demonstrates “Chi” In RARE Footage – THIS Is The SHOCKING Power We ALL Posses!

Qigong is an holistic system of carefully coordinated body movements, breathing activities, and meditation used to balance and improve health of body, mind and spirit. Qigong can be classified as martial, medical, or spiritual.
    Chi energy, better known as qì or ch’i, by practitioners and students, is a force meant to describe that which gives life. It is the equivalent of what some in the West would call soul or spirit, and others may simply call energy. In the popular science fiction film, “Star Wars”, it is known as “the force”. To Hindus it is referred to as prana, to native American Indians, the great spirit.
    People do Qigong to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit.

More info and videos at link

/

10. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  11. I told you I was trouble

12. I told you I was trouble

LOL! That (getting locked into a quote) just happened to me too ...

:oops:

13. lotus

I tried to locked myself again in a quote..but now can't :eek::eek:

LOL

Please help....SOS
    I am locked outside of the quote :(

• Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  14. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

You girls are nufties.

15. I told you I was trouble

Lol! That may well be true (especially in Lotus's case) but ... twice now I have been unable to get out of the quote thingy (I swear it's true, I tried everything including backing right out and starting over a few times and eventually giving up).

Seems OK again now though.

Just remembered ... I think @Lone Star mentioned having issues with the same thing.

16. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Me too re the quote thing. Specifically, if I start a post by quoting a previous post, I am unable to write anything in my post that doesn't appear inside the quote.

I've given up trying now.

Paul

EDIT: Aha. I've been using a VPN lately. If I turn it off I can then type outside the Quote.

17. lotus

I concur.

I use a special formulation of oils on my skin (especially on face, neck and all ''visible parts'' :oops: of this meat body) and it does a real good job on the face and to cheer me up when my thetan look in the miror ;)

I recentlygave a try to a mineral\dead see mud soap and salt scrub (SEACRETS) ..it does wonders. Yesterday the esthetician said it is among those she too favors

Also the Chlorines in water..it creates terrible effects in the body and on the skin that we must repair with more hydratation and oils.

I love this pts to the middle class thread :p

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  18. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

I think it was me who mentioned it, but does anybody notice when a poor old lady can't figger out how to do sumpin here? NO! Its elderly abuse I tell you. Elderly abuse.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  19. Kevin Osborne

Kevin Osborne New Member

See Clif High on youtube.

20. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Patron Meritorious

cooooooooooooooool...

Way cool.