Is Scientology really that bad?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Voodoo, Jul 6, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Voodoo

Voodoo Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

Is Scientology really that bad?

Scott Rainey, Retired Entrepreneur

Google “How many religions on earth today? You’ll get 4,200.

[​IMG]

Scientology is classified as a New religious movement. The “Church” of Scientology claims to have unique knowledge about Life, the Universe, and Everything (LUE).
    Just like the other 4,199.

One difference between Scientology (and their hundreds of related corporations) and all the others, is the price they charge to share their unique knowledge of LUE with you. It is somewhere north of $250,000.00 (a quarter million dollars USD).

[​IMG]

You can pay up front, or pay over time or you can obligate yourself to serve Scientology for your next 10,000,000 or so reincarnations..

They promise that for this consideration, they will teach you to do some pretty supernatural stuff, including killing with a glance. I have never seen any of these claimed super powers demonstrated, not even on YouTube. And I have looked.

You may want to ask for a demo at some point short of giving them the full $250,000.00. No need to kill a person for this demo, tonight's dinner-critter should be fine.

Most folks pay the $250,000.00 over time, rather than all at once, because Scientology’s unique knowledge about LUE is a lot to take in all at once.

An alternative to giving the church a quarter million dollars in cash, is to sign a Billion Year Contract to serve the church 60–100 hours a week, at a tiny fraction of minimum wage, across several million reincarnations.

If that sounds a bit nuts to you, the first time I ever met a person who signed that contract was around 1975. She was a very beautiful very intelligent young woman who totally knew her value in the material world, but chose to contract herself over millions of reincarnations for a the promise of all of that LUE enlightenment. She didn’t have all that cash at this point in her current life cycle and the transaction seemed logical to her. No idea if Amy House is still alive (this cycle) or if she still keeping this faith.

Something you need to know up front:
    Your personal Scientology supervisory committee may at some point suspect that your parents, siblings, children, spouse or friends - might try telling you that “Scientology is a big expensive scam.” If so, they’ll order you to disconnect from that person. To protect you from those poison ideas.

Disconnection means the Church of Scientology orders you to never speak to that friend or family member again. Mother / Father / Sister / Brother / Spouse / Grandparent / Grandchild / Child: No face-to-face, FB, FAX, Snapchat, InstaAnything, email, text. Ever. Yes really. If you refuse to disconnect you yourself can be kicked out of the Church of Scientology; and all of your friends and relatives who are still active will be ordered to disconnect from you.

Forever. Yes. Really.

This will be enforced by something like a lie detector test, every month or three. PTS is Scientology speak for Potential Trouble Source. Disconnection orders are to protect you from potential exposure to “thought-crimes.”

A lot of celebrities get involved in Scientology, so you can get a lot of information by simply Googling ex-scientologist celebrity

After about $150K worth of religious services a lot of people drop out when they receive the secret teachings called OT-3. You can learn all about OT-3 free on the interwebs. Thank you Google. Thank you Arnaldo Lerma.

Disconnection is alarmingly common in Scientology. A few other religions practice disconnection, but generally it’s quite rare. Most such faiths are new, including some polygamous fringes of LDS; but at least one is 1,400 years old old.

Any religion that practices disconnection is deeply evil if you ask me.

There are a few faiths that don’t want you asking questions or hearing ideas from other faiths, not even if you are looking for better understanding or practices in common. If you encounter any of these practices: Run away I say, even if you were born into that faith.

People change religions all the time. You can answer your own question, by finding out what ex-members say about Scientology - or any faith they just left. Ask also, what a given faith generally says about an ex-member, after they leave.

Answers to these questions will inform you if any faith is really that bad. Or not.
    Ideally, you will want to do that research before you invest time and blood and treasure. If you’re already in, you may want to do that research right now.

EDIT: Some of the claimed Superpowers Available to Scientologists
    — After you have “donated” over a quarter million dollars (US) to them.

Telekenesis
    Mind-Control
    Psychic Abilities
    Super Senses
    Immunity from Physical Ailments
    Controlling the People Around You
    Become Like a God and Create Your Own World
    A Universal Stopwatch
    Kill with a glance

7.5k views · View 55 Upvoters

https://www.quora.com/Is-Scientolog...WNBX_XeX5Lu51soxdCkB5kD4XKizV0rA3LH0btHPi0vq0

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  2. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

What you describe is actually factual and correct and lead us to ask, thus, a second question:

Q: Is $cientology really a religion?

A: No, $cientology is pretending to be a religion for tax exemption purposes, but it is a billions $ real estate business run as a mafia cult.
    They sell bullshit wrapped with lies to either get your money or slave work in their business.

The top executives of $cientology don't do what they sell you to save your eternity; like a drug pusher who doesn't take his stuff.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron with Honors

Yes, it's that bad.

-- L. Ron Hubbard
    from page 70, Dianetics The Modern Science Of Mental Health

The reactive mind doesn't exist but Hubbard certainly designed it just the same. I wonder if the above quote was his little ''in joke''. He was a bad dude and Scientology kills.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes...

It is that bad; CoS does things which make blood boil

OTOH...

When it's done right and well by people who understand and abide The Creed of Church, respect our Judeochristian scripture and the vast well of accumulated wisdom of human civilization and honor The Bill of Rights...

It can be pretty damn good

5. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

Respect for Judeochristian scripture? "He who hath ears to hear, let him hear ..."

"With the exception of the original Buddhism, virtually all religions of any consequence on this planet, mono- and pantheistic alike, have been instruments to speed the progress of this "evolution of consciousness" and bring about the eventual enslavement of mankind. As you know, Siddhartha Gautama never claimed to be anything more than a man. Having caught on to this operation, he postulated his own return as Metteyya, part of which prophecy will have been fulfilled upon the passing of L. Ron Hubbard.

For those of you whose Christian toes I may have stepped on, let me take the opportunity to disabuse you of some lovely myths. For instance, the historic Jesus was not nearly the sainted figure has been made out to be. In addition to being a lover of young boys and men, he was given to uncontrollable bursts of temper and hatred that belied the general message of love, understanding and other typical Marcab PR. You have only to look at the history his teachings inspired to see where it all inevitably leads. It is historic fact and yet man still clings to the ideal, so deep and insidious is the biologic implanting."
    -- HCO BULLETIN OF 5 MAY 1980

Full HCOB here:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/is-scientology-satanic.46986/#post-1171402

6. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Or, to put that in real world terms:
    People of good will can often help others even when using parts of Hubbard's "tech" -- however, the organizations of Scientology are very harmful and should be avoided at all costs.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

No.

$cientology is worse than that. Much worse.

8. lotus

Poor guy!
    He was jealous of all the love Jesus got
    A man who died 2,000 years ago...........

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  9. Clay Pigeon

I don't direct people into CoS myself and though I wouldn't try stop someone from beginning a study there I would hope they might pay some attention to some of the organization's harshest critics.

10. Clay Pigeon

Thank you Pineapple...

I am grateful for people like you who publish Hubbard's own words.

I don't give a damn what he said which I don't adopt but it is important to know that it's there.

And...

I've read Hubbard very carefully...

In the first edition of SOS there is an oblique but unmistakable allusion to the divine nature of The Nazarene and in his parting statement, "Mission Earth" is an equally unmistakable use of familiar literary device to name The Nazarene as The Christ and a proper confession by the penitent completed with a most charming and childlike plea commending his soul into His care.

L. Ron Hubbard is accepted as a fellow Christian and distinctly Judeochristian whereas it is a very Jewish thing "to have a lover's quarrel with God" and as your citation makes evident Pineapple, the esteemed Mr Hubbard's Christian faith was so deep and powerful he displayed his contempt for The Devil's Advocate by piling high the DA's plate with vile viands.

Ahhh...

Sunday!

And this dear friends has been your Sabbath homily from the (self appointed) Chaplain's General Pro Tempore of the Church of American Science

11. Me and My Self

Me and My Self Self-born, Autogamous Unicorn

I have to admit that, fortunately** (or maybe not) at the time and place I was in, almost all staff members emphasized the above first part of the sentence. In front of one's sarcastic "i-dont-buy-your-bs" face, and with a complice wink, one would either be told not to pay much attention to the "religion concept" stuff, as it was indeed for tax exemption, or be pontified on end about how this in fact wanted to convey the real and deep essential meaning of the word's etimology "re-ligare", re-unite, all the group thing and such blah.

The Illuminati-like exclusive VIP Rich and Famous stuff + flashy cruise ship was all over the place with those Advance and Freedom magazines et al. A big oxymoronic clash with the actual state of the premises at that time though.
    Suspicious stuff.
    But "curiosity kills the cat", they say.

(**) in my case, if I had been pushed the "religion" BS from the beginning, I would have run away much earlier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. Me and My Self

Me and My Self Self-born, Autogamous Unicorn

What? Where? Who?
    Me no comprende. Please translate ... (or are you j/k?)

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  13. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubbard would have laughed in your face Birdy. He wasn't a Christian. His BS in the OT VIII Student Briefing was just one of his more insane moments. Declaring oneself Lucifer doesn't make you a Christian no matter how much you'd like to spin that as his little tiff with God.

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. lotus

Lol :D

Mr Hubbard Christian faith was so deep that he tried to steel Christian followers to Jesus by a nasty declare that Jesus was a jerk and a pedophile...

Birdy is not trying to figure out how Ron would have known that??? Did he attend the same pseudo Jesus pedophile party ? Apparently he didn't yet cognited that Dr Hubbard was mentally ill and was projecting his sins into others...(abusing and harming kid)

Birdie is a true devoted Ron loyal officer...he comes to his defense, no matter what!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  15. pineapple

Hubbard said whatever he believed aided the survival of L. Ron Hubbard. The dynamic principle of existence, remember? Survive! For Hubbard this meant the acquisition of ever more wealth and power.

"Material things are yours for the asking. Men are your slaves. Elemental spirits are your slaves.
    You are power among powers, light in the darkness, beauty in all." -- The Affirmations of L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/who-was-l-ron-hubbard.17684/#post-408961

When it suited him to push our Christian buttons he did so. When he thought he could get away with it -- when he had the audience sufficiently controlled -- he revealed his desire to replace Christ and make himself the Messiah.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Derail...The first thing I read on this thread was Voodoo's subtitle under his avatar "Free your mind and your ass will follow." Well, that got a big chuckle out of me. I performed the song "Free your MInd" by En Vogue in a choir last January. As with all songs I perform I'm apt to modify lyrics in a J&D manner. I can't help it. My mind just goes there on auto. LOL. The actual lyric is "Free your mind and the rest will follow" in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks for the laugh, Voodoo. We share a common sense of aberrated humor.

17. Voodoo

Voodoo Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

"Free your mind and your ass will follow" is a line spoken by George Clinton in the song, "Maggot Brain", by the band Funkadelic. The album of the same name came out in 1969.

Oh yes, I'm still a funkateer after all these years. :bow:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. Clay Pigeon

Thank you Pirate and Bum, Lotus, and Pineapple for your responses.

I have one question for you...

Are ny of you professing Christians?

Also the same question to PTS4, Me and Myself and Xenu Xenu Xenu who hit the "Winner" button on said responses.

19. pineapple

I was raised Catholic but stopped believing in it around age 13. The moral principles are good but I don't buy the theology. I've been an agnostic since age 13.

20. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Is it really that bad? Read this story of a former CMO Messenger and judge for yourself:

She was 23 when she got out This was before the reign of Miscavige. She was with Hubbard at La Quinta.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List