Is Scientology Satanic ?

Discussion in 'Scientology-related Videos' started by Veda, Jun 2, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I remember a big flap at Flag, in the early 1980's, where copies of the tape had, somehow, been made and put on the bookstore list, and public had actually bought some. There was an order from uplines that ALL copies of that tape be tracked down and handed over to Pers Comm (the office of LRH's personal communicator), with the shore story being that it was a Class XII tape.

Although I vaguely remembered the title as being "Electropsychometric Surveying: Battles of the Universes.”

In any event, there's a thread about it on WhyWeProtest, started by a guy who allegedly had the tape

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubbard was so wrapped in the physical and the egotistical that he was incapable of writing any decent metaphysical ideas, hence the illogical HCOB above.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Classically, Satanism involved the idea of making a deal with a powerful entity (Satan), in which one sought abilities, power and wealth on Earth, in exchange for being that entity's eternal servant (selling one's soul).

This describes Scientology very well.

What is the Billion Year Contract, but selling one's soul?

What is the attraction of the OT levels? Superhuman Power to accomplish goals?

4. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

I'm not too sure about that Enthetan. Joining the Sea Org was very much a one-way transaction (I know, I did it). You didn't have to join the SO to do the OT levels. People who joined learned that they received very little in the way of training and processing but instead found themselves scrubbing decks with a toothbrush or spending time in a chain locker.

5. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Amusing to think that when you die some fellow in cloven hoofs will show up holding that stupid billion year contract.

6. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

OT3 was a lot of people making too much of PC data because the PC happened to be LRH

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Huh? Huh? x 1
    • List
  7. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I like Enthetan's point. It's like, who better to define satanism than people who believe in it's existence and have a comprehensive and historical understanding of what it means. I suppose when talking about satanism we could go way back to pre-Christian times but in today's context aren't we talking about Christianity vs paganism? To a Christian, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

And there certainly are an awful lot of things about Scientology that fit that description. It's true than non-Sea Org Scientologists haven't signed the billion year contract but their money pays for other people who have. Lots of Sea Org members route out and continue to be active true believers. As you say, very rarely do Sea Org members get the auditing and tech training they are promised. To a Christian that is probably comparable to being a second class satanist - studying lot's of satanism and helping other people meet satan but not getting to participate in the conjuring and sacrifices yourself.

Scientologists live in fear of many things but paramount among those things is the threat of losing access to the Bridge, auditing and training because they believe it is the only way to salvage their spiritual eternity and to save the planet and all of humanity. If they don't go clear and OT then they are doomed to wander the universe as lost souls in an eternal downward spiral of degradation and unconsciousness. Forever lost will be the chance to regain their original abilities to read minds, go full perceptic exterior at will, levitate ashtrays, strip away whole planet's atmospheres, zap each other with tractor and pressor beams, have full whole track recall and consciously pick your new perfect body and rich IAS statusy Scientology parents.

I think it's fair to assume that Christians believe only God has the power to grant these things and anyone else who promises it is a deceiver, a minion of evil selling a wrong path that leads to Satan. We can argue that both Christianity and Scientology are just pushing their own versions of religious monopoly but that doesn't let Scientology off the hook for meeting the Christian interpretation.

And Scientology paints Christianity as it's own version of hell. It's just all the dramatization of whole track implants intended to keep us from finding Scientology, the only workable spiritual technology or to make us destroy it if we do. Bet they don't put that it the Interdenominational Brochure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. strativarius

While I would never make stuff up (being discovered doing that would tend to make anything I subsequently wrote to be viewed with suspicion), I look upon replying to posts simply as an opportunity to cast scientology in a bad light in one way or another. Enthetan's post was a case in point.

9. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

[​IMG]
    Interesting. I never thought of it that way. And if the "S" is a snake, what are the triangles? Female genitals? An inverted triangle certainly suggests that ... And why more than one triangle? IIRC, in SOS (Science of Survival), Hubbard said, "A normal man will try to own and impregnate as many females as possible." (Paraphrase from memory.) And Hubs was pretty busy in that department in his younger days.

Could be Hubbard intentionally planted this right under our noses and thought we'd never notice -- and he was right.

10. strativarius

I might have this completely wrong, but I believe the snake is a representation of the 'Serpent of Caduceus' and the triangles are the ARC and KRC triangles.

11. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

12. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank Enthetan. I especially enjoyed J. Swifts pointed vintage commentary.

Hubbard was obviously still transitioning from OTO and hadn't made Targs fully his own in a new unit of time yet. Assuming had to backpedal to the obvious BIs in the audience and sudden revenue decline.

13. pineapple

Well, that's the exoteric meaning. I was suggesting a possible esoteric meaning -- something that might have meant something to Hubbard that he thought we wouldn't pick up on. Just speculation on my part. It's hard to say what Hubbard really thought about anything, since he lied about almost everything.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  14. pineapple

It wasn't "a lot of people" who made too much of it, it was Hubbard. And I'm not sure even Hubbard believed it was real track. I think this was probably just a further attempt to "baffle 'em with bullshit."

15. F.Bullbait

...or Christianity's that he does.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  16. F.Bullbait

It looks like a worm to me.

17. Gib

Gib Crusader

Hubbard, what an asshole.

He said auditing removes significance, and yet at the same time one has to add significance to go up the bridge to total freedom, that is one has to study the significance of LRH and his lectures and his books and anything he said. LOL

And what is significance?

Hubbard's significance was going clear, and was going OT.

Boy oh boy did Hubbard add or evaluate going clear and OT, even from book 1.

In the end, Hubbard even admits he failed.

18. phenomanon

phenomanon Front door security.

The tape went all over the Field in mid 80s.
    Actually, just about all the tapes did.
    I still have it.

19. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  20. Gib

Gib Crusader

There is a problem with that HCOB I see.

First of all it is written 1980. Hubdard died in 1986, read the first paragraph. Second, it's not written in Hubbard's rhetoric style, it's different.

Something ain't right about it.

It doesn't matter in the end anyways, because there are no clears or OT's, just say'in.