What's new

Is the Sun Conscious?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
For example many dogs know when their owners are coming home and start waiting for them by a door or window
My dog knows my every move before I get going. If I'm leaving the house he knows and starts dancing around by the door because he wants me to take him along. He is the same with me ex wife. We've tried to fool him many, many times by trying to think other thoughts and not tip him off with any deviation in clothing but he still demonstrates that he knows. And I don't claim to know why by any means. I suspect he senses changes in our vibrations that match with earlier events where we were leaving and he learned to connect the dots.
But wasn't Shedrake The Magnificent the guy that had the act a couple decades back where he attempted to demonstrate clairvoyance with a manikin with the peg legged midget sidekick? I seem to recall him from back the Tonight Show with Johnny.
http://sfgirl-thealiennextdoor.blogspot.com/2007/12/rupert-sheldrake-and-physics-of.html

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped--
"For example many dogs know when their owners are coming home and start waiting for them by a door or window....."

"...morphic resonance...."
LOL. You are promoting Sheldrake's flakey theories about "morphic resononance" again?!

Jeez, dude, you did this ad nauseum on another thread and you got debunked to hell when trying to convince others that Sheldrake was conducting "scientific" experiments and producing "scientific proof". You got played, man, same as people got played with Hubbard's pseudo-scienfific charlatanism.

It''s kind of funny that you are still a "believer" in Sheldrake's unproven theories and how closely they resemble Hubbard's "modern science" claims. Other skeptical scientists observed:

'Morphic resonance' (MR) is put forth as if it were an empirical term, but it is no more empirical than L. Ron Hubbard's 'engram', the alleged source of all mental and physical illness."

Also amusing (and sad in a way) is that you did not have any answers back a year or two ago when I brought to your attention that "dogs waiting at the door for their owners" was not science, just because Sheldrake wrote a book claiming that dogs "know when their owners are coming home". Hubbard wrote a book that claimed he could cure tuberculosis, arthritis and cancer---so what? I recall on that thread that I informed you that NO SCIENTIST HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO REPLICATE SHELDRAKE'S THEORIES THAT DOGS KNOW WHEN THEIR OWNERS ARE COMING HOME.

Yet, here you are, once again, promoting laughable junk science and pretending that you haven't been debunked already.

Hubbard did that for 36 years. His hoax "science" that supposedly transformed ordinary homo sapiens into Gods never happened. His claimed "miracles" were never demonstrated. But he ignored the disgraced bullshit and stormed ahead with even bigger claims.

When you promote hoaxes you should include a disclaimer that you don't care whether things you are writing are true. Otherwise, people might get the mistaken idea that you are promoting facts rather than feelings.

I find it rather distasteful that you get debunked and then wait a little while and come back and run the same scam again. People on these after-cult threads are not as stupid as you imagine or hope they are. You destroy your own credibility and look ridiculous when you are promoting new age mumbo jumbo and pretending it is "science".

Sorry to be so frank, but that's the real problem with cults---not just with the unscrupulous con men that run them---with the cult dupes who run around "disseminating" the cult leader's "tech". More specifically, the problem is that people are afraid to DEBUNK the "believers" because it is politically incorrect. That's what was missing in Scientology, people standing up and stridently objecting to Hubbard's and his deputized & duped disseminator's bullshit. Scientologists were afraid to call bullshit on other Scientologists, so instead they forfeited their fortunes and their lives. Lesson learned. That's why people promoting pure bullshit (as science) need to be called out. I am calling you out dude, you are selling delusions.

Wake up son, wake up, you are still in full "magical belief" cult mode.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
That's what was missing in Scientology, people standing up and stridently objecting to Hubbard's and his deputized & duped disseminator's bullshit.
What's funny is that I've read posts stating that Hubbard was laughed at, mocked and ridiculed during many of his open door lectures when he was trying to build his base of "true believers" and the RTC had to spend many hours editing out the ridicule, shouted insults and out and out people laughing their asses off at his declarations based upon his fraudulent "research". If they'd let the truth be known, Hubbard was laughed off his podium on many, many occasions. Would have added some light on his lectures to have been allowed to hear that laughter!

guanoloco

As-Wased
What's funny is that I've read posts stating that Hubbard was laughed at, mocked and ridiculed during many of his open door lectures when he was trying to build his base of "true believers" and the RTC had to spend many hours editing out the ridicule, shouted insults and out and out people laughing their asses off at his declarations based upon his fraudulent "research". If they'd let the truth be known, Hubbard was laughed off his podium on many, many occasions. Would have added some light on his lectures to have been allowed to hear that laughter!

Was this before or after Dr Hubbard being almost run over by a locomotive on Venus?

guanoloco

As-Wased
LOL. You are promoting Sheldrake's flakey theories about "morphic resononance" again?!

Jeez, dude, you did this ad nauseum on another thread and you got debunked to hell when trying to convince others that Sheldrake was conducting "scientific" experiments and producing "scientific proof". You got played, man, same as people got played with Hubbard's pseudo-scienfific charlatanism.

It''s kind of funny that you are still a "believer" in Sheldrake's unproven theories and how closely they resemble Hubbard's "modern science" claims. Other skeptical scientists observed:

Also amusing (and sad in a way) is that you did not have any answers back a year or two ago when I brought to your attention that "dogs waiting at the door for their owners" was not science, just because Sheldrake wrote a book claiming that dogs "know when their owners are coming home". Hubbard wrote a book that claimed he could cure tuberculosis, arthritis and cancer---so what? I recall on that thread that I informed you that NO SCIENTIST HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO REPLICATE SHELDRAKE'S THEORIES THAT DOGS KNOW WHEN THEIR OWNERS ARE COMING HOME.

Yet, here you are, once again, promoting laughable junk science and pretending that you haven't been debunked already.

Hubbard did that for 36 years. His hoax "science" that supposedly transformed ordinary homo sapiens into Gods never happened. His claimed "miracles" were never demonstrated. But he ignored the disgraced bullshit and stormed ahead with even bigger claims.

When you promote hoaxes you should include a disclaimer that you don't care whether things you are writing are true. Otherwise, people might get the mistaken idea that you are promoting facts rather than feelings.

I find it rather distasteful that you get debunked and then wait a little while and come back and run the same scam again. People on these after-cult threads are not as stupid as you imagine or hope they are. You destroy your own credibility and look ridiculous when you are promoting new age mumbo jumbo and pretending it is "science".

Sorry to be so frank, but that's the real problem with cults---not just with the unscrupulous con men that run them---with the cult dupes who run around "disseminating" the cult leader's "tech". More specifically, the problem is that people are afraid to DEBUNK the "believers" because it is politically incorrect. That's what was missing in Scientology, people standing up and stridently objecting to Hubbard's and his deputized & duped disseminator's bullshit. Scientologists were afraid to call bullshit on other Scientologists, so instead they forfeited their fortunes and their lives. Lesson learned. That's why people promoting pure bullshit (as science) need to be called out. I am calling you out dude, you are selling delusions.

Hmmmm. So If I'm in the Solar Tribe will my consciousness be in morphic resonance with the Sun's consciousness, on this planet?

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

That post was freaking interesting!

It was just inducted into the Hall of Fame over on the STUPID THREAD. Thx!

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I'm positive that the Sun is very enlightened.

d0c4af80ce4a01366942005056a9545d

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Question: Is the sun couscous?

Answer: Probably not.
LOLOLOL. I read that first as "Is the sun CONSCIOUS". Then was puzzled by Guano's post of the picture of couscous until I looked back at Screamers post and did see it was indeed written that way and it was even more f'en hilarious! Not sure if that was a smart phone auto spell error but whatever....lol

Last edited:

HH, you are really slipping - 3 pages in and you finally twig on who the video is from? Tisk, tisk.

Next - your debunkers of Sheldon were debunked. If you go to his site he has all of them and how they were debunked, for instance, you claim his dog stuff wasn't replicated - it was the subject of a video done by Danish TV and they had no trouble replicating the result.

"Dr Richard Wiseman Denies His Own Success
Conjurer and professional skeptic, Richard Wiseman is Professor for the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire, England. He's also a Consultant Editor for The Skeptical Inquirer, and a Research Fellow of CSI (the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry). He replicated Rupert's results with a dog that knew when his owner was coming home, obtaining positive, statistically significant results, and then claimed the opposite."
https://www.sheldrake.org/reactions/magicians-attack-research-on-dogs

"James Randi - a Conjurer Attempts to Debunk Research on Animals
The January 2000 issue of Dog World magazine included an article on a possible sixth sense in dogs, which discussed some of my research. In this article Randi was quoted as saying that in relation to canine ESP, "We at the JREF [James Randi Educational Foundation] have tested these claims. They fail." No details were given of these tests."
Snip
"Randi also claimed to have debunked one of my experiments with the dog Jaytee, a part of which was shown on television. Jaytee went to the window to wait for his owner when she set off to come home, but did not do so before she set off. In Dog World, Randi stated: "Viewing the entire tape, we see that the dog responded to every car that drove by, and to every person who walked by." This is simply not true, and Randi now admits that he has never seen the tape."
https://www.sheldrake.org/reactions/james-randi-a-conjurer-attempts-to-debunk-research-on-animals

Better luck next time.

Mimsey

HH - more:

You claim: Sheldrake's flakey theories about "morphic resononance" are fraudulent? Um. They are a theory. A hypothesis. No one said they were proven science, not even moi, not even Sheldrake, and being a theory, just because you disagree with it, and probably have never read it, is no reason to go off on a rant.

There is a big difference between scientist saying there's this phenonium, which is unexplained, so I am proposing my theory of XYZ to explain it; and Hubbard saying it IS that way, 100% of the time, and if you fail to get similar results, you are not applying it correctly, have M/Us, MWHs /OWs, or are PTS, SP, or a DB, or a psych case.

You can't debunk something that Sheldrake says needs further research, and which, he says is not proven science.

Excuse me. You, HH, most certainly can say that, but no one else in their right mind would.

Something you fail to understand, likely because you refuse to do more than gloss over anything about the man, is to understand he is a well respected scientist - your attempt to compare him to Hubbard, a lay person/con man/charlatan with no actual degrees of any kind, is comparing apples to oranges.

Where Hubbard brags about research, yet provides no evidence of same, Sheldrake provides books and papers containing the research data.

Where Hubbard has to self-publish his bunk, Sheldrake does not. His books sell very well, thank you. No need for a vile "Basics Book" campaign, or the equally noxious buying back books to falsely push them up the best buyers list.

Come on HH, you can do better.

Mimsey

Rupert Sheldrake, PhD, is a biologist and author best known for his hypothesis of morphic resonance. At Cambridge University he worked in developmental biology as a Fellow of Clare College. He was Principal Plant Physiologist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics and From 2005 to 2010 was Director of the Perrott-Warrick project, Cambridge.

Rupert Sheldrake is a biologist and author of more than 85 scientific papers and 13 books. He was among the top 100 Global Thought Leaders for 2013, as ranked by the Duttweiler Institute, Zurich, Switzerland's leading think tank.

He studied natural sciences at Cambridge University, where he was a Scholar of Clare College, took a double first class honours degree and was awarded the University Botany Prize (1963). He then studied philosophy and history of science at Harvard University, where he was a Frank Knox Fellow (1963-64), before returning to Cambridge, where he took a Ph.D. in biochemistry (1967). He was a Fellow of Clare College, Cambridge (1967-73), where he was Director of Studies in biochemistry and cell biology. As the Rosenheim Research Fellow of the Royal Society (1970-73), he carried out research on the development of plants and the ageing of cells in the Department of Biochemistry at Cambridge University. While at Cambridge, together with Philip Rubery, he discovered the mechanism of polar auxin transport, the process by which the plant hormone auxin is carried from the shoots towards the roots.

https://www.sheldrake.org/about-rupert-sheldrake/biography

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

I can't see that there's any realistic comparison between Hubbard and Rupert Sheldrake. For one thing, Sheldrake has a real degree - a first in natural sciences from Cambridge University - and they take some getting. Secondly, no one claims that Sheldrake is or has ever wanted to be a cult leader and I've never seen any suggestion that he wishes to be one.

You're free to accept Sheldrake's work or reject it, and that's how it should be.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

HH, you are really slipping - 3 pages in and you finally twig on who the video is from? Tisk, tisk.

Next - your debunkers of Sheldon were debunked. If you go to his site he has all of them and how they were debunked, for instance, you claim his dog stuff wasn't replicated - it was the subject of a video done by Danish TV and they had no trouble replicating the result.

"Dr Richard Wiseman Denies His Own Success
Conjurer and professional skeptic, Richard Wiseman is Professor for the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire, England. He's also a Consultant Editor for The Skeptical Inquirer, and a Research Fellow of CSI (the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry). He replicated Rupert's results with a dog that knew when his owner was coming home, obtaining positive, statistically significant results, and then claimed the opposite."
https://www.sheldrake.org/reactions/magicians-attack-research-on-dogs

"James Randi - a Conjurer Attempts to Debunk Research on Animals
The January 2000 issue of Dog World magazine included an article on a possible sixth sense in dogs, which discussed some of my research. In this article Randi was quoted as saying that in relation to canine ESP, "We at the JREF [James Randi Educational Foundation] have tested these claims. They fail." No details were given of these tests."
Snip
"Randi also claimed to have debunked one of my experiments with the dog Jaytee, a part of which was shown on television. Jaytee went to the window to wait for his owner when she set off to come home, but did not do so before she set off. In Dog World, Randi stated: "Viewing the entire tape, we see that the dog responded to every car that drove by, and to every person who walked by." This is simply not true, and Randi now admits that he has never seen the tape."
https://www.sheldrake.org/reactions/james-randi-a-conjurer-attempts-to-debunk-research-on-animals

Better luck next time.

Mimsey
unreadable (and wildly off point in some imaginary triumph that you are apparently celebrating with yourself)...no idea what the hell you are babbling about. You missed the entire point.

HelluvaHoax!

HH - more:

You claim: Sheldrake's flakey theories about "morphic resononance" are fraudulent? Um. They are a theory. A hypothesis. No one said they were proven science, not even moi, not even Sheldrake, and being a theory, just because you disagree with it, and probably have never read it, is no reason to go off on a rant.

There is a big difference between scientist saying there's this phenonium, which is unexplained, so I am proposing my theory of XYZ to explain it; and Hubbard saying it IS that way, 100% of the time, and if you fail to get similar results, you are not applying it correctly, have M/Us, MWHs /OWs, or are PTS, SP, or a DB, or a psych case.

You can't debunk something that Sheldrake says needs further research, and which, he says is not proven science.

Excuse me. You, HH, most certainly can say that, but no one else in their right mind would.

Something you fail to understand, likely because you refuse to do more than gloss over anything about the man, is to understand he is a well respected scientist - your attempt to compare him to Hubbard, a lay person/con man/charlatan with no actual degrees of any kind, is comparing apples to oranges.

Where Hubbard brags about research, yet provides no evidence of same, Sheldrake provides books and papers containing the research data.

Where Hubbard has to self-publish his bunk, Sheldrake does not. His books sell very well, thank you. No need for a vile "Basics Book" campaign, or the equally noxious buying back books to falsely push them up the best buyers list.

Mimsey

Rupert Sheldrake, PhD, is a biologist and author best known for his hypothesis of morphic resonance. At Cambridge University he worked in developmental biology as a Fellow of Clare College. He was Principal Plant Physiologist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics and From 2005 to 2010 was Director of the Perrott-Warrick project, Cambridge.

Rupert Sheldrake is a biologist and author of more than 85 scientific papers and 13 books. He was among the top 100 Global Thought Leaders for 2013, as ranked by the Duttweiler Institute, Zurich, Switzerland's leading think tank.

He studied natural sciences at Cambridge University, where he was a Scholar of Clare College, took a double first class honours degree and was awarded the University Botany Prize (1963). He then studied philosophy and history of science at Harvard University, where he was a Frank Knox Fellow (1963-64), before returning to Cambridge, where he took a Ph.D. in biochemistry (1967). He was a Fellow of Clare College, Cambridge (1967-73), where he was Director of Studies in biochemistry and cell biology. As the Rosenheim Research Fellow of the Royal Society (1970-73), he carried out research on the development of plants and the ageing of cells in the Department of Biochemistry at Cambridge University. While at Cambridge, together with Philip Rubery, he discovered the mechanism of polar auxin transport, the process by which the plant hormone auxin is carried from the shoots towards the roots".

you keep having these bizarre wins as if you are proving something. you are only proving that your thinking is incredibly flakey if not intellectually dishonest. I find your "rebuttal" posts annoyingly pointless and your attempts at debate are ridiculous.

JustSheila

Crusader
All of this reflects back to Horus being named as the Sun God in Egypt some 3,500 years ago. There was little science back then and the general population needed something to believe and rally around so the Sun God myth was put forward.
People thought "there is Horus, watching over us, we better be good, honor the his laws and behave ourselves."
Then at night there was Setti, the devil moon ready to snatch your soul if you'd been bad.
Better question might be, where did the concept of the soul or thetan come from originally.
As far as rats inheriting learned behaviors I can only reflect on how it happens that puppies inherit the traits and tendencies of their parents.
In hunting dogs one can't help but notice how a bird dog variety just takes to hunting birds from the get go as a puppy. Coon hounds the same, as is the case with all dogs.
But I don't see how the sun plays a direct hand in any of it other than providing the light of day for us to see our world unfold and provide the basics for photosynthesis, without which none of this would be possible.
But whether the sun has consciousness or is just an inert ball of flaming gasses can only be guessed at.
Unless one believes one can "theta comm" with the sun based upon what one thought one learned in Scientology.
Try experimenting with theta com with the sun as an OT and let us know how it goes.
Or TR-0 with the sun from a mountain top, to eliminate any interference, while wearing a welding helmet for eye safety and see if you feel flushed with "theta"!
Maybe you start a new thing for new age types and can make millions from writing books about Horus's revelations to you while doing TR's with whoever might be being a sun of God's.
Do let us know how goes it.
But I live in the deep south of southern Florida where we are in near constant sunlight and it does seem to be a dumbing down factor and not a mentally or spiritually illuminating one.
Good post.

I like your point about too much sunlight having a dumbing down effect. That certainly seems to be true in Tennessee and Georgia. The constant flow of superstition and ridiculous illogical fallacies is a challenge that makes conversations difficult to navigate without offending.

Too much sun slows down metabolism, too. Remember those Survival shows they had on remote islands? After only a few weeks, the show participants didn't even want to move around and they got all flabby, too.

I gotta move, I tell ya.

guanoloco

As-Wased
HH - more:

Mimsey

He studied natural sciences at Cambridge University, where he was a Scholar of Clare College, took a double first class honours degree and was awarded the University Botany Prize (1963). He then studied philosophy and history of science at Harvard University, where he was a Frank Knox Fellow (1963-64), before returning to Cambridge, where he took a Ph.D. in biochemistry (1967). He was a Fellow of Clare College, Cambridge (1967-73), where he was Director of Studies in biochemistry and cell biology. As the Rosenheim Research Fellow of the Royal Society (1970-73), he carried out research on the development of plants and the ageing of cells in the Department of Biochemistry at Cambridge University. While at Cambridge, together with Philip Rubery, he discovered the mechanism of polar auxin transport, the process by which the plant hormone auxin is carried from the shoots towards the roots.

A theory and a hypothesis are polar opposites. Look them up multiple times. A theory is proven. A hypothesis is conjecture. Theory doesn't mean the same in science as it does to thee and me. If you call morphic resonance a theory you're mistaken.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Good post.

I like your point about too much sunlight having a dumbing down effect. That certainly seems to be true in Tennessee and Georgia. The constant flow of superstition and ridiculous illogical fallacies is a challenge that makes conversations difficult to navigate without offending.

Too much sun slows down metabolism, too. Remember those Survival shows they had on remote islands? After only a few weeks, the show participants didn't even want to move around and they got all flabby, too.

I gotta move, I tell ya.
Fascinating that you see that too!
I am in the process of selling a timeshare I have in N.Carolina and used to consider moving there, the locals call us Northerners "half backs" because we move from the oppressive Florida heat to the soothing mild weather of the Carolina mountains and are half way back to where "we belong". And there are a ton of places constantly for sale. But what I learned is that I could never function among the ignoramuses that I've encountered in my travels there. People are stuck in civil war incidents and still see anyone from north of the Mason/Dixon as "Yankee's" who they ostracize and rip off if you hire them to work on your place, especially if you move off the beaten path. They probably react poorly to an Aussie accent too, I'd imagine. It's sad really.
We've all seen the movie "Deliverance" and it's still much like that in too many areas unless you find a progressive town such as Ashville, N.C.