What's new

Is there a way to make Peace with Scientology?

schoolpuppy

There is someone I know who said some negative things about Scientology in a public place, not knowing the "rules" that Scientology has about being an SP. S/he hopes to make peace with them in the aim of getting life back to normal and free of attacks.

Obnoxious posts not welcome.

Gadfly

Crusader
There is someone I know who said some negative things about Scientology in a public place, not knowing the "rules" that Scientology has about being an SP. S/he hopes to make peace with them in the aim of getting life back to normal and free of attacks.

What did she say, where, when, and what exactly are these "attacks" by Scientology?

What has the Church of Scientology done to make her life no longer "normal", like it was before?

Obviously, she was NOT a Scientologist before, right?

Without knowing this, I have no idea what to suggest.

Weagook

Patron
Unfortuntunately I don't think so. It's very black and white, you're with us or against us, there is no middle ground. Good luck!

Gadfly

Crusader
Unfortuntunately I don't think so. It's very black and white, you're with us or against us, there is no middle ground. Good luck!

That is NOT true.

If you are neutral, and say NOTHING at all, they leave you alone completely. The ONLY people who are expected to be "for us 100%" are the followers (Scientology staff & public).

I know of MANY people who have criticized Scientology publicly and openly, not hiding their identities. Scientology attacked them in various ways. Once you stop the criticism (close the web site, etc.), they forget about you because you are no longer a "problem". They could give a shit if you are "for them"; they just don't want you "against them" - publicly.

Hubbard has very clear policy about this.

Once you leave them alone, then they leave you alone. Understand that speaking freely about them, about their abuses, and about how nuts they are, is viewed as "causing them trouble". It doesn't matter that what you say is true. They just want to shut you up.

There are TONS of people who are declared as SPs. The Church of Scientology ONLY go after the ones who "make noise", especially out in the public. As far as they rest of the "declared SPs" go, they don't care and they don't bother.

Note: If it were true that you HAD to be either for them or against them, and all who weren't for them were considered as SPs, then the Church of Scientology would have to attack the entire Muslim world (who know NOTHING about Scientology - and who obviously are NOT "for them").

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

well, according to hubbard, when somebody achieves auditing Grade 0 release, why they are able to talk to anybody about anything. That is the absolute, the EP of the auditing rundown.

But yet hubbard states absolutes are unobtainable in one of his "logics" as presented in the Advanced Proceedures & Axioms" book.

Gadfly

Crusader
well, according to hubbard, when somebody achieves auditing Grade 0 release, why they are able to talk to anybody about anything. That is the absolute, the EP of the auditing rundown.

But yet hubbard states absolutes are unobtainable in one of his "logics" as presented in the Advanced Proceedures & Axioms" book.

:no:

They have the "ability" to talk with anyone on any subject. They just don't do so with SPs! :duh:

They have the ability, but they choose NOT to "exercise" it. :coolwink:

Also, as a technical point, I always thought that the ability was so stupid.

Ability Gained: Communicate freely with anyone on any subject.

1. I tried to talk to my next door neighbor's baby about Calculus. She looked at me with a blank look on her face the whole time.

2. I know nothing about the mating rituals of 14th century Irish peasants. I tried to talk to my brother about this, but no go.

3. I tried to teach my next door neighbor, who is French, simple math, but no matter how I phrased it she couldn't understand the English words.

And, I AM a Grade Zero completion.

Sorry, I CAN'T communicate with anyone on any subject! :biggrin:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
:no:

They have the "ability" to talk with anyone on any subject. They just don't do so with SPs! :duh:

Also, as a technical point, I always thought that the ability was so stupid.

Ability" communicate freely with anyone on any subject.

1. I tried to talk to my next door neighbor's baby about Calculus. She looked at me with a blank look on her face the whole time.

2. I know nothing about the mating rituals of 14th century Irish peasants. I tried to talk to my brother about this, but no go.

3. I tried to teach my next door neighbor, who is French, simple math, but no matter how I phrased it she couldn't understand the English words.

And, I AM a Grade Zero completion.

Sorry, I CAN'T communicate with anyone on any subject! :biggrin:

Sure you can. That doesn't guarantee their understanding, or yours. It just means you have no taboos or restrictions.

Gadfly

Crusader
Sure you can. That doesn't guarantee their understanding, or yours. It just means you have no taboos or restrictions.

I know; I was just being funny (aka "a smart ass").

In fact, I actually can and have no problem communicating with anyone about anything. Drugs, butt-fucking, fist-fucking, bottle fucking, gerbils up the ass, dead baby jokes, whatever - it's ALL good! :happydance:

I LONG AGO "flattened" ANY inner reaction based on topic. For the most part, you can throw anything at me, and I won't react with any upset, flinch, embarrassment, or automatic emotional response. Words are - words. And, the ideas the words represent won't do it either. I got PART of that from Grade Zero, but I grew into the rest of it as I matured.

I learned through my own observations that I myself added all significance to any idea I entertained. And, as I did so (over time), all reactions hinging on such significances faded away.

Personally, I never saw that Scientology Grade Zero REALLY did what it claimed. I saw Grade Zero completions react with embarrassment in various situations. Of course, I also saw MANY Scientologists over many years totally unable to communciate honestly about Hubbard and the Church of Scientology.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

True dat, but then what about the rest of the ARC,

so one communicates and the person disagrees. Then what?

Oh, I know, declare him a SP. :laugh:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
True dat, but then what about the rest of the ARC,

so one communicates and the person disagrees. Then what?

Oh, I know, declare him a SP. :laugh:

That's certainly what could happen in today's crazy environment. Never would have happened in my house/apartment or on my watch. Agreement is not necessary for "ARC". Even if we can't communicate about the details of Calculus, we can agree that it is a form of mathematics, and that it is necessary for deep understanding of most basic applied science. If we don't speak the same language, we can still understand each other, though it is limited. I don't mind if people disagree with me. I'd be surprised if they did, actually. My understanding didn't come cheap or easy, and I don't expect to transmit it without difficulty.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, you may make peace with Scientology by getting out your check book. That is the only "sorry" they really listen too!

True - as obnoxious as that is - it is the truth!

Let the truth set you free brothers and sisters. Amen

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

First off 'scientology rules' in a 'public place' who the heck would accede to that? Yes, that would be obnoxious.
Secondly, I think there should be a clearwater peace accord. Would that bring peace? The 'church of scientology' can host it.
Third: Whichever party lies, gives 10% worth of their assets to a food bank
Fourth: All occurrences of 'SP' are replaced with 'someone who does not agree'
Fifth: the CofS cancels all NDA's.
Sixth: Both parties agree to no attacks on anyone for as long as they have been doing it. IE: your friend 10 minutes perhaps and the CofS 60 years.

Other than that, (s)he could just let them take over his/her life.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Well, she obviously did not avail herself of the offers for ethics handling that most assuredly were presented to her upon the church finding out what she had done. The attacks usually come after unsuccessful attempts are made to quiet her down and bring her back into the fold. They would have given her a list of things to do, besides confessing of her crimes, and she would have worked her way back into their graces. Ask her

schoolpuppy

That is NOT true.

If you are neutral, and say NOTHING at all, they leave you alone completely. The ONLY people who are expected to be "for us 100%" are the followers (Scientology staff & public).

I know of MANY people who have criticized Scientology publicly and openly, not hiding their identities. Scientology attacked them in various ways. Once you stop the criticism (close the web site, etc.), they forget about you because you are no longer a "problem". They could give a shit if you are "for them"; they just don't want you "against them" - publicly.

Hubbard has very clear policy about this.

Once you leave them alone, then they leave you alone. Understand that speaking freely about them, about their abuses, and about how nuts they are, is viewed as "causing them trouble". It doesn't matter that what you say is true. They just want to shut you up.

There are TONS of people who are declared as SPs. The Church of Scientology ONLY go after the ones who "make noise", especially out in the public. As far as they rest of the "declared SPs" go, they don't care and they don't bother.

Note: If it were true that you HAD to be either for them or against them, and all who weren't for them were considered as SPs, then the Church of Scientology would have to attack the entire Muslim world (who know NOTHING about Scientology - and who obviously are NOT "for them").

Thank you Crusader. This is very helpful. What doesn't make sense in this circumstance is that the person is question is living on a fixed income and trying to get back to normal life. It seems Scientology has an upset with this person since they try to get back to normal while potentially breaching fixed income rules but I know s/he is following the rules at this time.

I pray and hope that Scientology leaves him/her alone and gives them the free reign to live their life on his/her terms. It is so sad to see the damage done by Scientology that seems to be on-going.

I pray peace can be found and that the war on this individual is dropped.

Peace to all.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you Crusader. This is very helpful. What doesn't make sense in this circumstance is that the person is question is living on a fixed income and trying to get back to normal life. It seems Scientology has an upset with this person since they try to get back to normal while potentially breaching fixed income rules but I know s/he is following the rules at this time.

I pray and hope that Scientology leaves him/her alone and gives them the free reign to live their life on his/her terms. It is so sad to see the damage done by Scientology that seems to be on-going.

I pray peace can be found and that the war on this individual is dropped.

Peace to all.

Confusing post.

Is he/she a Scilon?

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
OSA troll thread. We seem to have some new OSA volunteers here this week. One got me last night.

Anonycat

Crusader

Do you mean that if scientology tells me if I take the class, I will have "ability achieved", or said that I will be able to communicate about anything, it does not mean I'd be able to, but that I am perfectly free to try?

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron

Ok - against my better judgement I'll bite and thus feed you:
1) Scientology seeks jurisdiction over all life...That means you,me,us our families, and friends.
2) This makes Scientology the enemy of freedom.
3) Making peace with an enemy of freedom is cowardly.:omg:

Anonycat

Crusader
Ok - against my better judgement I'll bite and thus feed you:
1) Scientology seeks jurisdiction over all life...That means you,me,us our families, and friends.
2) This makes Scientology the enemy of freedom.
3) Making peace with an enemy of freedom is cowardly.:omg:

You just reached level: Zesty.

pmz9.png