Is there any good in Scientology?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes.

Scientology (and dianetics) is an optional study

And the Miscavage CoS has made it a rather unappealing option

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You have a big "misunderstood". "OTs" are people who, through Scientology's "OT Levels", have (re)gained supernatural powers. Such people don't exist. Never have. Never will.

If you wish to talk about paranormal powers, well, those just might exist. As far as I know, there are no known techniques for creating or enhancing those powers.

There are no Scientology OTs. That is the absolute, never disproven truth.

When I was active it was commonly said "you are as 'OT' as you want to be" and the basic principles are laid out in the books. As to creating or enhancing such capacities Hubbard observes "if you can jut get a person to realize they are a spiritual being you are likely to get a miracle"

But when it come to a mind being closed...

Whose is more closed Bill, mine or yours?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
When I was active it was commonly said "you are as 'OT' as you want to be" and the basic principles are laid out in the books. As to creating or enhancing such capacities Hubbard observes "if you can jut get a person to realize they are a spiritual being you are likely to get a miracle"

I'd rather have a closed mind than let the toxic waste which is scientology get in and pollute it indefinitely as in your case.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's some toxic waste in the materials Stratsie. I filtered as I studied. What remains is much we really can't afford to lose.

Anyone close to you ever get ECT?

You ever seen anyone doing "the thorazine shuffle"?

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

Here's a thread for you CP

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/total-freedom-obtained.49275/#post-1193551

strativarius

There's some toxic waste in the materials Stratsie. I filtered as I studied. What remains is much we really can't afford to lose.

Anyone close to you ever get ECT?

You ever seen anyone doing "the thorazine shuffle"?
Well, there's no need to worry about it being lost William, it's all been inscribed on Titanium tablets and buried in a bomb-proof vault somewhere I understand (although I may have got some of the details wrong). What a waste of Titanium!

You don't have to be a scientologist to believe that ect is nothing short of barbaric either. Giving people amnesia by passing an electric current through their brain so they forget what it was they were so disturbed about is an incredibly inhumane way to treat any human being (or animal for that matter).

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
About eight or ten years ago I was driving cab in Boston on a Sunday 24hr "iron man" shift. It was late in January and I pulled out of the lot at 247 Hyde Park Avenue in the cold 4:00 AM darkness and turned north. A little more than 22 hours of continuous driving later, about 2:30 Monday morning I dropped off a fare on Commonwealth Ave out near Cleveland Circle and decided to pack it in. Crossing Washington I pulled into the Econo Gas station and filled the tank. I pulled out, turned inbound and made the U-turn over the trolley tracks a few yards up the road and - uhoh - somethings wrong; I think my left front tire went flat as I'm sitting at Wash and Comm waiting for the green light so I can turn left. Gruesome thought. It's friggin' cold f'crissakes. I'm in my late fifties and feeling it and twentytwo straight hours of hacking the megalopolis is a thing I often do but by golly it can leave a body feeling a mite tired; gruesome the thought of changing tires. The light went green and I turned left then pulled to the side and hopped out. Nope. Tire is still round top to bottom. But something is wrong with the front end. Seriously wrong. The garage is maybe six miles off; cross Brookline on Washington to Brookline Village, left on Rte 9 to South Huntington down past The Monument to Forest Hills, zigzag at the station, five more blocks and home. I put it in gear and tenderly gingerly drive south, mostly staying under ten mph but the suspension is growling like it's auditioning for a seat in the BSO in their next production of Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring". The front wheel, little by little is getting stiffer; down South Street I no longer need to apply the brake, just come off the gas and it stops in place...

But...

We make it. Turn right into the lot and all I got to do is park the damned thing. I turn to the left to get square with the building then to back against the chain link fence but THUNK! Halfway into the turn the ball joint gives out all the way. I get out and look and there's the front wheel caved in at a steep angle making an exquisite visual rhyme with cab set askew at a perfect 45 degrees in the middle of the lot like a diva taking a bow at the final curtain...

O yeah!

Pearly Sweetcakes and a coolwater sandwich on a Sunday-go-to-meeting-bun!

Twentytwo hours I rode that old shitbox beater of taxicab all through the rough and icy streets of Bahhstin with a worn out ball joint ready to give.

And give it did. Half way and not until I'd done my full days work and filled the tank. And then it dangled for six miles of dramatic tension to make it to the checkered flag and not one foot more...

O Yeah!

Proof of mind over matter?

No.

Of course not.

Neither in forensic nor scientific terms is it proof of anything whatsoever.

Nor is it an isolated incident; I got a full deck with Jokers of such rare vignettes, a significant data base I can use for further research. I'm not going to say I make definitive statements about this but the database is too large to be dismissed as coincidence

Gibby...

You can howl "NO OT'S" at the top of your lungs until the Dodgers return to Brooklyn or the Vikings win the Super Bowl but you ain't gonna get that lame crap past me chum...

It has been an interesting life and I will plead nolo contendere if charged as a wing nut

What say thee of this honestly proffered account?

Wing nut material? Yea or Nay?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, there's no need to worry about it being lost William, it's all been inscribed on Titanium tablets and buried in a bomb-proof vault somewhere I believe (although I may have got some of the details wrong). What a waste of Titanium!

You don't have to be a scientologist to believe that ect is nothing short of barbaric either. Giving people amnesia so they forget what it was they were so disturbed about is an incredibly inhumane way to bring about that result IMO.
Titanium can be recycled

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yours.

I'm open to all possibilities. You are stuck on Hubbard worship.

strativarius

It has been an interesting life and I will plead nolo contendere if charged as a wing nut

What say thee of this honestly proffered account?

Wing nut material? Yea or Nay?
You've already said you're not going to argue if someone calls you a wing nut. If you believe your story provides evidence (albeit merely anecdotal) of some supernatural forces at work then the answer to your question has to be Yea unfortunately.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yours.

I'm open to all possibilities. You are stuck on Hubbard worship.
I am not now and have never been a Hubbard worshiper

I do have a personal sense of gratitude to this controversial and enigmatic figure for his work which has enabled me to do many very good things for many people

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Client of Jeffrey Dahmer's bicycle shop: "He always did such a wonderful job keeping my bike in top shape and my friend's bikes too. I'll be forever grateful he walked the earth."

strativarius

I do have a personal sense of gratitude to this controversial and enigmatic figure for his work which has [bcolor=#ffff00]enabled me to do many very good things for many people[/bcolor]
Yes, and they've all repaid you by taking care of you while you're going through this rough patch and ... sorry? They haven't? Ungrateful bastards!

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

I do have a personal sense of gratitude to this controversial and enigmatic figure for his work which has enabled me to do many very good things for many people
Semantics. You think Hubbard is the most important and influential genius that has ever lived. No matter your personal spin on it, that is Hubbard worship.

Your mind is tightly locked to that illusion and that keeps you from accepting other, better data. But that is your problem, not mine.