Is there any good in Scientology?

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Wedinn, Dec 28, 2018.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

I wouldn't know about the confidential upper levels Bill, I never studied them.

However, I certainly found the books and lower levels to contain much that have most certainly enhanced, expanded, awakened my esoteric abilities and capacities.

But...

I would no more send a person into the Miscavage CoS for training than I would send a horny dude to a starving cannibal for some fellatio.

2. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

You read some books and got wondrous super powers. Sure. :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. Clay Pigeon

But...

Just by the way...

The essential answer to the question "Is there good in Scientology" is that if there is good it is in us thus the true question is if there is good in us can Scientology be useful to that good in us...

4. Bill

If you put it that way, the answer is easy: The good in us doesn't need anything from Scientology.

5. Clay Pigeon

Yes.

Scientology (and dianetics) is an optional study

And the Miscavage CoS has made it a rather unappealing option

6. Clay Pigeon

When I was active it was commonly said "you are as 'OT' as you want to be" and the basic principles are laid out in the books. As to creating or enhancing such capacities Hubbard observes "if you can jut get a person to realize they are a spiritual being you are likely to get a miracle"

But when it come to a mind being closed...

Whose is more closed Bill, mine or yours?

7. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I'd rather have a closed mind than let the toxic waste which is scientology get in and pollute it indefinitely as in your case.

8. Clay Pigeon

There's some toxic waste in the materials Stratsie. I filtered as I studied. What remains is much we really can't afford to lose.

Anyone close to you ever get ECT?

You ever seen anyone doing "the thorazine shuffle"?

9. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Here's a thread for you CP

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/total-freedom-obtained.49275/#post-1193551

10. Clay Pigeon

11. PirateAndBum

LOL, you call him a wing nut? Oh my.

12. strativarius

Well, there's no need to worry about it being lost William, it's all been inscribed on Titanium tablets and buried in a bomb-proof vault somewhere I understand (although I may have got some of the details wrong). What a waste of Titanium!

You don't have to be a scientologist to believe that ect is nothing short of barbaric either. Giving people amnesia by passing an electric current through their brain so they forget what it was they were so disturbed about is an incredibly inhumane way to treat any human being (or animal for that matter).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. Clay Pigeon

It has been an interesting life and I will plead nolo contendere if charged as a wing nut

What say thee of this honestly proffered account?

Wing nut material? Yea or Nay?

14. Clay Pigeon

Titanium can be recycled

15. Bill

Yours.

I'm open to all possibilities. You are stuck on Hubbard worship.

16. strativarius

You've already said you're not going to argue if someone calls you a wing nut. If you believe your story provides evidence (albeit merely anecdotal) of some supernatural forces at work then the answer to your question has to be Yea unfortunately.

17. Clay Pigeon

Proof, no.

Evidence, yes.

18. PirateAndBum

Good things can happen to wingnuts too :D

19. strativarius

Oh well, everythings alright then isn't it?

20. Clay Pigeon

I am not now and have never been a Hubbard worshiper

I do have a personal sense of gratitude to this controversial and enigmatic figure for his work which has enabled me to do many very good things for many people