What's new

IVY: The Freezone Magazine

hbeer

Patron with Honors
On ESMB there are two categories. One is the "Freezone" which is (despite occasional PR-shrouding) Hubbard oriented, and emphasizes the 1970-1980 Scientology Bridge; the other is (what in recent times) has come to be called the "Independent Field," which is not Hubbard oriented, and does not recommend the Scientology Bridge.

IVy - as a publication - would seem to combine both, and just what that should be called is a good question.

The reason for there being two categories is to decrease confusion.

These are two distinct views, and that IVy presents both is to its credit.

Would you pluck any established field, like medicine or physics, apart into such categories?

There are multitudes of people who have contributed to them. Each generation is building on the previous ones. All of them count.

Call it something general like "Human Potential" or "Spiritual Enhancement" or, most simply and elegantly, "Clearing" - and let the quality of the tools speak for their authors.

hbeer

Patron with Honors
OK, thanks.

Oh, look. There's an article in this Ivy mag by Heidrun Beer on Page 11:

Integrating our Sexuality into our Lives
By Heidrun Beer, Austria
All too often, human beings do not have a healthy relationship to their own body and sex. Heidrun Beer analyses in this article our troubled relationship to this our second dynamic, which includes the sexual urge.​

:D

Paul

Yes, and it is on the web here:

http://www.sgmt.at/aut_hb/IntegratingSexuality.pdf

It's a PDF file in the fresh colorful layout of the new Cyber-Ivy. (Ivy used to be black and white and on paper before it made the leap into the 21st century at the end of 2008).

http://www.ivymag.org/

Rolf Dane

Patron
On ESMB there are two categories. One is the "Freezone" which is (despite occasional PR-shrouding) Hubbard oriented, and emphasizes the 1970-1980 Scientology Bridge; the other is (what in recent times) has come to be called the "Independent Field," which is not Hubbard oriented, and does not recommend the Scientology Bridge.

IVy - as a publication - would seem to combine both, and just what that should be called is a good question.

The reason for there being two categories is to decrease confusion.

These are two distinct views, and that IVy presents both is to its credit.

What about calling it a magazine or "IVy the Magazine of Independent Viewpoints?"
That is actually the magazine's full name.

Rolf Dane,
editor of IVy

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Happy 80th Birthday, Antony Phillips (Father of IVY)

Dear Ant,

here comes a "Happy Birthday!" choir from Austria!"

With your unique mix of caring and humor, but also the precision that you apply to the smallest cycles, you have always been a role model for me.

There was a time where I was ready to turn my back to Scientology entirely, Freezone included. At a time where I found it all rotten, you were one of the very few people whose quality of applying the data made me change my mind.

At the time I didn't tell you, but I really want you to know how you contributed to the many successes that followed later because I finally did NOT throw the baby out with the, hm, rather dirty bathwater.

I am sure there will be many people who have such fond personal "Ant-ecdotes" featuring you.

I wish you many more happy and productive years, not only for my own enjoyment :) :) :)

All the best,

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Hey Ant!

Ant,

I remember you from the old days of the 1950's . . . I even still have some old letters you sent me from your post in WW on file in my archives.

I just want you to know how valuable a contribution to our civilization you have made by your work these last fifty years! You are and have been an exemplar of integrity to the ideals of humanity and its advancement.

And for that Sir, I send you my heartfelt thanks, honor and appreciation.

And happy birthday on your 80th! :happydance:

Roger (Boswarva)

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
Happy Birthday Ant!

Happy Bithday Antony!
:party: :party: :party:

BTW: Thanks for taking time to share your views on your new website:

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Content of IVy 105 - February 2010

Page 4: Is OSA Riding a Hostile Wind
Ivy Editorial
According to multiple reports CoS and OSA has ceased and desisted their harassment policies of press and Freezone.
“Flourish and Prosper” is what we should do in the Freezone.

Page 10: Opening Words at Convention in Pasadena
by Aida Thomas, USA
The opening speech. The speaker stresses that we shall celebrate what we have in common and get over any differences.

Page 11: Alan C. Walter in Memory
By Neville Chamberlin, USA
Alan C. Walter died November 27, 2009. He is here eulogised by his long time friend, Neville Chamberlin.

Page 12: Between Lives Research Auditing
by Colleen Peltomaa, Canada
A fascinating account of what can be retrieved of data through auditing. This is recent research done using the tools of Dianetics R3X.

Page 18: Why Holy Scriptures Destroy Religion
by Todde Salen, Sweden
Starting with the words of Buddha, the author analyzes the traps of organized religion.

Page 21: Dane Tops, a Review of a New Interview
by Kurt Hemningslose
Recently an interview with Dane Tops was posted. It is here reviewed. Dane Tops was one of the whistle blowers who started the Freezone as a movement back in 1983.

Page 24: Use of Repeater Tech in R3X
by Rolf Dane
Repeater Tech is one of the oldest tools in Dianetics. By redesigning it slightly so one gets the efforts and emotions that goes along with a statement, it can be made to handle an amazing amount of charge.

Page 28: Communication the Universal Solvent
by Britta Burtles, UK
The author reflects on the importance of communication, in our personal lives and in war and politics.

Page 29: From Separation to Co-Creation
By Heidrun Beer, Austria
Interesting article that discusses the group mind of mankind and the spiritual development of humanity.

Page 39: The Future Lies in the Future
By Michael Moore, IFA Chairman
The IFA Chairman here emphasises that we create our own and collective future and we should create something worthwhile.

Page 41: On Motivation
By Antony Phillips
Reflections over LRH motivation and the Pilot’s motivation in their respective works.

Page 42: Problems Processes, How they Work
by Clearbird, Seyshelles
This is a chapter from the book, “Guided Tour to Standard Tech.”
It explains the principles behind Grade One, Problems.

If this made you curious about IVy, you can order a free sample here:

http://www.ivymag.org/cyberivy/signupform.html

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Content of IVy 104 - 4th Issue of 2009

Page 5: The IVY Conference in Copenhagen
by Photos by Ole Gerstrøm, Denmark
The August IVY Conference in Copenhagen was a big success with participants from 9 countries. See the photo reportage from the festivities.

Page 7: the 8th International FZ Convention in LA
by Aida Thomas, USA
In this issue we feature conferences. Here is a short report from the FZ Convention held in LA in the beginning of October, 2009.

Page 8: Congresses, etc in CoS and the Freezone.
By Antony A. Phillips, Denmark
Antony gives us the historic perspective on conventions, conferences, congresses, etc. He has attended many, since 1954 and onward, including several held by Ron. He give his impressions of early CoS congresses and describes a greast number of FZ conventions held since 1983.

Page 14: Working with Ron in the 1960s and 70s
by Otto Roos, Class XII
Otto Roos was a high ranking tech person in the early Sea Org days, including tech Flub Catcher, the highest ranking tech person at the time. He worked closely with LRH and tells about the early days and some of the adventures he experienced, including “Mission into Time” and the original Class 8 course.

Page 19: A New Business Model for Scientology
by Joe Howard
Frequent IVY contributor, Joe Howard gives us something to think about. Could we do Scientology tech in a much more relaxed atmosphere and at much lower cost? How about having LRH installed on your I-phone? Joe Howard, a highly trained veteran that worked with Ron, gives his input here.

Page 22: Scientology: Crazy Ideas, Crazy Wins
by Joe Howard
R Joe Howard gives here his input on how the tattered image of Scientology and the tech could be turned around. Watch the billboards near you when it’s time for the change.

Page 24: Is Scientology a Religion?
by Otfried Krumpholtz
Otfried is Senior C/S in RO, Frankfurt. In this article he goes through the different definitions of labels used about Scientology. He discusses if Scientology is a religion, a philosophy or something else. Read the article and find out for yourself what conclusion he comes to.

Page 31: Tigers in a Box
by Michael Moore
IFAs chairman shows in this his latest column a talent for story telling. Tigers in a Box is a parable about getting stuck in MEST and self-importance or go for the freedom available to thetans.

Page 34: A Spiritual Look at Body Health #2
Part two of Heidrun Beer's interesting take on health, applying Scientology principles to healing.
Here is a close look at chelation, a non-intrusive way to handle the circulative system.

Page 44: Denis Seignez
His art was featured in IVY 103 and in this issue, including the front page.

Page 46: Co-Auditing, an Inexpensive Way to Gains
Antony Phillps tells about co-auditing experiences in London in the early days.

Page 48: Matrix Energetics
by Flemming Funch
Matrix Energetics is a new spiritual practice, sweeping USA and Eu. Impressions from a recent seminar.

Page 50: The Power of Body Language
About Rowland Barkley’s seminar “Breakthrough!” As experienced by IVYs editor.

Page 51: Letters to the Editor

If this made you curious about IVy, you can order a free sample here:

http://www.ivymag.org/cyberivy/signupform.html

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

Page 4: Ivy Editorial
According to multiple reports CoS and OSA has ceased and desisted their harassment policies of press and Freezone.

-snip-

?

-snip-

Joe Howard, a highly trained veteran that worked with Ron... gives here his input on how the tattered image of Scientology and the tech could be turned around. Watch the billboards near you when it’s time for the change.

?

hbeer

Patron with Honors
? = an invitation for more information on the topic.

Ah now I get it :)

Well at the moment I have a technical problem with copy/paste from the IVy PDF file. Anything I try to paste looks like this:

As a software developer, I assume that there is some incompatibility in the PDF maker version that the IVy editor uses.

So, I have to ask him to give me the sources... may take a day or two!

Unless you want to subscribe?

http://www.ivymag.org/cyberivy/signupform.html#To_Subscribe