JEFFERSON AND/OR MUSSOLINI by Ezra Pound

Discussion in 'Books About Cults and Extracting Oneself from Coer' started by Veda, Jul 7, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Published in 1935, there are indications that Hubbard was influenced by this very peculiar book.

[​IMG]

For those curious, scroll down to:

Jefferson and/or Mussolini

http://www.yamaguchy.com/library/pound_ezra/jeffmuss.html

_________

"Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the dusty desk, tell us that Alexander, Genghis Khan and Napoleon were madmen. I know they're maligning some very intelligent gentlemen."

L. Ron Hubbard, 1938, from his 'Excalibur' letter to first wife, Polly.

Some have described Scientology as a product of the cold war, but the formative ideas, that became core Scientology, were inspired during the rise of fascism in Europe in the 1930s.

2. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

It looks really interesting, but I really don't think I'm smart enough to understand it. I just don't understand what he's saying.

3. Leland

Leland Crusader

Its funny, I know somewhere in the dreck....Hubbard writes that Napolean was a madman....

Don't remember what course or tape that he says it....

4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Yes, I know. Hubbard said a lot of things. That's why it's specified that this refers to core Scientology. :)

_________

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk." L. Ron Hubbard, writing, in 1938, about his unpublished manuscript, 'Excalibur', and his plans to "smash" his "name into history" by way of a psychological-philosophical system based on "Survive!" as the "dynamic principle of existence."

"I am not interested in wog morality. If anyone is getting industrious trying to enturbulate or stop Scientologists or Scientology or its activities, I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher." From the 1969, 'Discipline, SPs, and Admin'

[​IMG]

5. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

When you don't understand someone's writings, don't automatically assume it's because he's a very deep and profound thinker, whom you're not smart enough to grasp. It might be the case that he really is very deep. Then again, the reason you don't understand him might be because he's a raving lunatic who's mastered the art of spouting lunacy while making it seem profound.

Like Hubbard.

I think Ezra Pound was a loon, a poseur who was very good at seeming profound. He was a big fan of Mussolini and Fascist philosophy. He also adored Hitler, of whom he said "Adolf Hitler was a Jeanne d'Arc, a saint. He was a martyr.”

6. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Phew, thanks for that Enthetan. I can put my copy of Ulysses down and sleep easy then.

7. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

At least you have a copy...!

8. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Yes, and I have a copy of 'Leaves of Grass' too but I found that tough going as well despite the fact that it's supposed to be a 'must read'. Perhaps I'm just not as smart as I like to think I am. :(

PS: But then again Chaucer's 'Troilus and Criseyde' I found an absolute delight.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  9. pound was a helluva wordsmith

many talented and able people were enamored of fascism. we today have but the perspective from after WWII. the achievements of the third reich up to munich were so impressive many would tolerate things they would not condone as "necessary evils". as so many have also done with the soviet union, maoist china and CoS...