What's new

Jenna Miscavige Hill's book: media & reviews

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-inside-Scientology-My-Harrowing-Escape.html

There's been a lot of publicity about this in the past few days, but here's the longest article I've seen yet. It contains a more details than previous articles.

I wish her luck and wonder if she and her publisher are now going to be subjected to break-ins, stalking, demonizing, wire-tapping, character assassination and the usual array of criminal and hostile efforts to derail her work by the "church"?

And how does Miscavige react to seeing his own family tell the truth? I assume that he has no regard for her, so she won't be given any special treatment (specially forbearing, that is).

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
People Magazine: Jenna Miscavige Hill Pens Revealing Scientology Book

A short article on the People website:

What was it like to grow up inside Sea Org, the Church of Scientology's most elite body?

In her memoir Beyond Belief
, excerpted exclusively below, Jenna Miscavige Hill describes her experiences at the Ranch, a San Jacinto, Calif., boarding school for children of Scientology execs. The niece of church head David Miscavige, she was raised away from her parents, then worked within Sea Org until leaving Scientology in 2005.

Read Full Article: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20669644,00.html

The online version of People claims to get close to 1 billion page views per month! :)

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: People Magazine: Jenna Miscavige Hill Pens Revealing Scientology Book

Mark my words: Jenna is going to be their biggest nightmare. The shit is really going to hit the fan. Wright's book (mine arrives tomorrow) is well-researched and he's been on everything (radio, tv, newspaper, bestseller) but I heard him speak and while he may have passion for the subject, he doesn't come across with much heart. He's a study.

Jenna, however, has lived it, and I've watched her in interviews. I'd love it if she was on Oprah, but I doubt it will happen, because Oprah will never get Cruise of Travolta again if she goes there. Still, Jenna's a brave woman and I cannot WAIT (my book is on pre-order) to support her and she what she says. Maybe she'll take to Anderson and Piers.

This is their worst nightmare since Lisa McPherson. Add child abuse in the church; writer related to head of the church; and Jenna being articulate, beautiful, not hysterical and unafraid to tell the truth.... they're totally fucked.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Not sure what the preceding posts say, of course, but judging by the thread title, it must pertain to this FANTASTIC article in People Mag. I had literally just read it about 10 minutes ago. I am truly and deeply pleased that not only is Jenna going public like this, but it's getting a lot of very high profile coverage.

This is a wonderful week or couple of weeks for Scn critical literature. It's needed and the cult cannot stop the tide anymore. The days of harassing publishers and getting anywhere with it (by the cult, I mean) are GONE.

Another book I have to get. I wish I weren't so behind in my reading.

Xenu's Boyfriend

I suspect that John Sweeney would disagree with you on this point.

I just order Wright, Sweeney and Hill all this week. What have they been doing to John about his book - I guess you're referring to what they did to him when he filmed Scientology and Me.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I just order Wright, Sweeney and Hill all this week. What have they been doing to John about his book - I guess you're referring to what they did to him when he filmed Scientology and Me.

John's UK publisher pulled the plug due to legal issues.

Also, there has been some recent mention of the CoS harassing Tony Ortega as well.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Nice info from WWP: https://forums.whyweprotest.net/com...lans-tell-all-book.105364/page-3#post-2268996

Scientology: Jenna Miscavige Hill Pens Revealing Book : People.com

02/01/2013 at 08:00 PM EST

jenna-miscavige-300.jpg

What was it like to grow up inside Sea Org, the Church of Scientology's most elite body?

In her memoir Beyond Belief, excerpted exclusively below, Jenna Miscavige Hill describes her experiences at the Ranch, a San Jacinto, Calif., boarding school for children of Scientology execs. The niece of church head David Miscavige, she was raised away from her parents, then worked within Sea Org until leaving Scientology in 2005.

Now living near San Diego, married to Dallas Hill and mom to their children Archie, 3, and Winnie, 10 months, she's telling her story, she says, to increase awareness about Scientology: "I realize every day how lucky I am to have gotten out." (When asked to comment on the book's portrayal of its members, the church stated they had not read the book but that "any allegations of neglect are blatantly false.")

Jenna's parents, Ron and Blythe Miscavige, high-ranking members of Sea Org, sent both Jenna and her older brother Justin to the Ranch. There, at age 7, in accordance with Scientologists' belief that they are "Thetans," or immortal spirits, Jenna signed a billion-year contract.

I tried to write my name in my best cursive, the way I'd been learning. I had goose bumps. Just like that, I committed my soul to a billion years of servitude to the Church of Scientology.

Sea Org was run like the Navy: Members wore uniforms and managed all aspects of the church. Married members couldn't have kids; those who already did sent them to be raised communally.

A Sea Org member was required to be on duty for at least 14 hours a day, seven days a week, with a break for an hour of 'family time.' I was too young to understand that seeing your parents only one hour a day was highly unusual.

For more on this story, get this week's issue of PEOPLE magazine.

Source, and open comments:
www.people.com/people/article/0,,20669644,00.html

Reasonable

When asked to comment on the book's portrayal of its members, the church stated they had not read the book but that "any allegations of neglect are blatantly false."

If you have not read the book how can you comment on any allegations?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

ILove2Lurk just posted this in another thread (I'm copying it here as it's relevant to this as well):

[Sidebar - DVR alert]

INSIDE THE SECRET WORLD OF SCIENTOLOGY
Former Scientologist Jenna Miscavige Hill

Wednesday, Feb 6

http://www.andersoncooper.com/episo...ani-thiessen-inside-the-world-of-scientology/

That's Anderson Cooper - he is going to have Jenna on his show! :)

There's a very short video preview at that link.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Jenna Miscavige Hill's upcoming book: long article in Daily Mail UK

Bump. :biggrin:

The comments section is closed, but do have a look after reading the article. :eyeroll:

JB.

TG1

Angelic Poster

When asked to comment on the book's portrayal of its members, the church stated they had not read the book but that "any allegations of neglect are blatantly false."

Knowingnesstionscence.

Xenu's Boyfriend

John's UK publisher pulled the plug due to legal issues.

Also, there has been some recent mention of the CoS harassing Tony Ortega as well.

They better fucking leave Tony alone....or I'm going to have to get involved. That's my baby.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

They better fucking leave Tony alone....or I'm going to have to get involved. That's my baby.

Their tech to handle SP's doesn't seem to be working so well on Tony. :coolwink::no:

His blog had 55,000 unique visitors last month (Jan) and he's got all kinds of things going on, writing a book, articles in the NY Times and Huffington Post, and THIS:

[video=youtube;jzwlAJNW9cU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzwlAJNW9cU[/video]

freethinker

Sponsor

So, basicly what you are saying here is that Scientology isn't bulletproof and a master intimidation as a litigator now that people have learned how they operate?:biggrin:
Their tech to handle SP's doesn't seem to be working so well on Tony. :coolwink::no:

His blog had 55,000 unique visitors last month (Jan) and he's got all kinds of things going on, writing a book, articles in the NY Times and Huffington Post, and THIS:

[video=youtube;jzwlAJNW9cU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzwlAJNW9cU[/video]

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

So, basicly what you are saying here is that Scientology isn't bulletproof and a master intimidation as a litigator now that people have learned how they operate?:biggrin:

I think it's a combination of people (and publishing companies) learning how they operate and doing what they can to counter that, but also there are just some people who won't back down from the mafia-like tactics of the "C"of $.

Before Lawrence Wright began writing his book he knew very well how Scientology's tried to handle people in the past who write books, as did his publisher. I think that that just made the project all that more interesting and attractive to him. :biggrin:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Because Karen Pouw is so used to operating with both feet rammed solidly in her mouth. :eyeroll:
She of course knows what the cult is guilty of.

Xenu's Boyfriend

Because Karen Pouw is so used to operating with both feet rammed solidly in her mouth. :eyeroll:
She of course knows what the cult is guilty of.

I think she may know even more now, first hand. Some people are saying she's in the RPF, and those "statements" made by her are written by someone else. No one has seen her for months, years (?) in televised interviews.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

My speculation

I think the media have all figured out that they have DM cornered about the beatings and the top Int Base executives cornered with their 25 false affidavits (sworn under penalty of perjury?) that were sent to Tobin and Childs and which have probably gotten into other people's hands since.

No one can ever risk being called into a courtroom as part of a lawsuit or into a deposition at this point. The media and publishers are savvy to the fact.

No one can afford to show up for a grand jury. Who knows which of the executives would crack and turn "rat" on the rest of the syndicate members because of the perjury and prison risk.

They are basically cornered with their lies about the beatings and many other things that they can't afford to divulge in the open court. Would be the ultimate disaster scenario.

The only posture left is to do legal threats in advance of any new releases or reveals and then just hunker down.

Major media and book publishers are well aware of this. It's open season now and time for payback for past COS impoliteness with the media. Karma.

What do y'all think?

Last edited: