John Travolta’s Former Scientology Pals Speak Out: He’s ‘Got a Dark Side and He’s Reckless’

Discussion in 'John Travolta/Kelly Preston' started by Enthetan, May 25, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

From The Daily Beast, May 25, 2018

Read the rest at the link

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Persons quoted include Karen de la Carriere and Karen's husband Jeffrey Augustine

3. triumph

triumph Patron Meritorious

4. Leland

Leland Crusader

There is tremendous power and money behind the scenes in Hollywood.

An actor's agent.....would be working from one of the huge Talent Agencies.....that have tremendous sway in Hollywood....some employees, rising in Hollywood to actually running / owning a Movie Studio...such as Barry Diller. If you look at the wealth of some of Hollywood's leading actors...such as Tom Cruise....I believe I saw last week that his net worth was around $400 million. Today, Barry's net worth is $3.2 Billion.

Another behind the scenes player, such as David Geffin....( Geffin Records ) became a Billionaire...back in the late 90's or early 2000's due to his business acumen...

Then each actor has Publicity Agents.....and Lawyers.....and who knows what else to keep what the public sees....in keeping with that persons professional persona......( or tries to...)

A lot of times, I think what is Published or what we read.....is more like that era of Hetti Hopper.....who, though a Columnist and Published news stories about the goings on of Hollywood and it's elite......was in truth, just a part of the entire Hollywood Industry machine....and not really a Journalist...

I guess what I'm trying to say....is there is a lot more to Hollywood...and keeping the Hollywood Industrial Machine running and making money......than just the Celebrities

But I can see that keeping the name of a Celebrity "clean" in the News or perhaps Positioned Correctly....is an important part...

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. Leland

Leland Crusader

I don't know the entire story.....so I'll play fast and loose here.....

When Tom Cruise was riding high with the first Mission Impossible or perhaps the second successful movie, he went to the top guy that owns Paramount Studies in Hollywood....to make a lot of financial demands, more control, more say and trying to gather to himself some more "power".....and Sumner Redstone ( that owns the Company that owns Paramount...) kicked him to the curb. He said no way. He completely turned him down.

It would seem there is always a bigger fish....(dog)

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  6. Leland

Leland Crusader

This News / Web article today.....this is just part of the Hollywood Industry Machine to put Travolta's name before the public.....before his new Movie Release.... ( kinda obvious I suppose....but IMO, people tend to forget that sort of thing...)

This Article is, IMO, just a Public Relations Piece to rope in more Movie Ticket buying customers...

Behind the scenes, and more likely the truth....How many news story outlets were contacted by Travolta's PR Team before they could get one to cover this story...?

Was anything offered as barter to get this story out there..?

7. IWantOffThisTrain

IWantOffThisTrain Eternal Optimist

I like that the news agencies are putting the word handle in quotes, 5 years ago they wouldn't have dared to make even that minor nod to the fact he is protected by Co$.

I wasn't aware that Marty Singer is his lawyer although it does make sense as he is the master of getting sexual abuse claims to go away for his clients, who, for the most part, are actually guilty of the claims. He is such a slimeball that I feel anyone who chooses him to represent them are doing so because they have something to hide, not because they are Innocent.

8. Leland

Leland Crusader

Americans ( for the most part...? ) love Gangster Films.

Hollywood has made a boatload of em....for decades now.

That I've read that this Travolta Gotti Film was suppose to go directly to DVD...and not have a Theater Release....but now, well there is going to be a Theater Release.... this seems not only a monetary gamble...but a career gamble for Travolta. It looks like its been panned by the critics and Rotten Tomato....

But as posted above....it could be so bad that its good? I don't know, the Theater going public must have some idea on whats a good movie or a bad movie...

Anyway, money doesn't grow on trees....and if this Film bombs....I hope Travolta has a very difficult time finding any money at all for his next one. Kinda harsh I suppose, but his Cult connections really bother me.

Personally, I'd like to see all the Cult associated Actors lose their Hollywood $ bankability....

That Danny Masterson was drugging women...then sodomizing them is crazy! And he's just one of the Cult Actors....

That David Miscavige was holding sham video tests of young Starlets....to find Tom Cruise a new girlfriend....that is crazy too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List