What's new

Katie Holmes Speaking Out About Scientology

freethinker

Sponsor
When Holmes and Tom Cruise divorced in 2012, she seemingly cut all ties to the controversial religion. Cruise adamantly denied reports claiming he chose Scientology over Suri, his now 9-year-old daughter with Holmes. The Giver star herself, however, stayed mum on the topic—but now, apparently, she's ready to break her silence.

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20151030/b711774/

408b-Katie-Holmes-Leah-Remini.jpg
2 hours ago

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Never forget to UPDATE:

UPDATE: A spokesperson for ABC News told E! News Holmes declined to be interviewed by 20/20 for their reports on Remini's memoir, but her representatives provided a statement (below) on her behalf.
Holmes statement said: "I regret having upset Leah in the past and I wish her only the best in the future."
And that's all about "Katie Holmes speaking out about Scirntology"....

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Still, that is pretty cool of her! Considering she's most likely under a gag because of Suri..

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
She probably figured long ago she would get more $$ in her deal with TC ( to remain quiet) than she would get from the media dishing the dirt. And she has her daughter's feelings to worry about, as well. For those reasons, I'd be very surprised if she was forthcoming about her experiences. And I have no doubt she's got some whoppers of some stories.

Jump

Operating teatime
She probably figured long ago she would get more $$ in her deal with TC ( to remain quiet) than she would get from the media dishing the dirt. And she has her daughter's feelings to worry about, as well. For those reasons, I'd be very surprised if she was forthcoming about her experiences. And I have no doubt she's got some whoppers of some stories.

How Scientology uses the 'feelings' of good people as human shields.

:clap:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
As she responded to the alleged facts about her in the book - KRed Leah Remini, it is likely she read the book by now - or at least things related to her and TC.

Her admission is very important as usually people will deny such facts that brings clouds over their celeb aura.

Also, the most important, is that, to my opinion, it gives right away a credibility to Leah Remini's assertions in the book, as she didn't made any negative comment - neither denied it, but only expressed regrets for her own behavior, per LR's reports, and wish her the best.

This is bad for TC and the COS.

How can TC says it's BS when Kathy expressed regrets and wish the best to her. ???? :confused2:

This is very embarassing as a ''hate website on Leah'' will only make it worse for them. Too late again to manipulate people and the truth.

Tic toc tic toc

(I wish KH words will be good at heart for Leah Remini )

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
Apple cart? Is there an apple card?

ML
Nicole Kidman.

Here's a little jar of apple curd tied with apple cord.

If I was being more apple curt you would have only got the apple core.

51uOOxmKtTL._SY300_.jpg

Hope that didn't upset anything... don't cancel my apple cert

:unsure:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Oh I forgot,

It's very sad for Krustie aka ''feel my finger''

celebrities-flipping-bird-middle-finger-10272011-21-675x900.jpg

Another one that look religiously and spiritually very serene and free. A beautiful soul to her friend.

Leland

Crusader
It had crossed my mind....could Tom Cruise be under some Court Order....not to see his daughter? Could there have been an agreement...that KH not talk about the Cult.....and TC not see his daughter? Seems far fetched...but he hasn't seen her in years....and she's just a little girl. That is outrageous behavior....IMO.

This photo has nothing to do with my post....I just felt like posting it...

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Just finished watching Leah's 20/20 episode.

Not good for the cult. It definitely has egg on it's face. Toward the end the Katie apology to Leah was read. Mike Rinder was interviewed in snippets throughout. A lot of time was spent on "Where's Shelly".

Overall Leah was very honest and open about her own failings, so the cult's predictable per policy accusations came across as petty and juvenile. She is the adult. Collectively they are the rotten juveniles.

All in all a good presentation by 20/20, but in reality I think 60 Minutes would've done a better job. But I'm a tough critic when it comes to journalism. BBC surely would've done better. But I'm sure that for most of the viewers it comes across very powerfully.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Not good for the cult. It definitely has egg on it's face. Toward the end the Katie apology to Leah was read. Mike Rinder was interviewed in snippets throughout. A lot of time was spent on "Where's Shelly".

Overall Leah was very honest and open about her own failings, so the cult's predictable per policy accusations came across as petty and juvenile. She is the adult. Collectively they are the rotten juveniles.

All in all a good presentation by 20/20, but in reality I think 60 Minutes would've done a better job. But I'm a tough critic when it comes to journalism. BBC surely would've done better. But for those who watch it and don't know as much about the subject as myself, I'm sure it was very powerful to them.

It's sure to create huge media aftershocks and great interest in the book.

Expect it to be a best seller!
And the denials have become so predictably boring. I expect them to dust off Leah's black PR pack when Ronnie Miscavige's book comes out.

AnonyMary

All in all a good presentation by 20/20, but in reality I think 60 Minutes would've done a better job. But I'm a tough critic when it comes to journalism. BBC surely would've done better. But for those who watch it and don't know as much about the subject as myself, I'm sure it was very powerful to them.

Perhaps, but Dan Harris has been the one, despite pressures from the church, to take on these interviews where other networks have been afraid to jump in and tackle them. Prior to the Debbie Cook interview, ABC was not willing to tackle any of it... I know. There is a tremendous amount of legal wrangling they have to go through before a show is even considered, but less aired. This one was done with little time in advance because of Leah's upcoming book announcement being kept quiet until the release date was set.

As for me, I really enjoyed watching this. The church must be freaking out, lol! I only wish there had been more mentioned about her months at Flag getting daily ethics handlings and metered security checks - the gruesome mind numbing, brainwashing forced confessions she endured for hours upon hours every day of those 3 or 4 months there. Perhaps they didn't include them or she was still too traumatized to go into detail about them ( as anyone who has been through this, including even a day of gang bang sec checks can attest, myself included.) Bravo to her for speaking out.

Leland

Crusader
Did the Cult ever try to slime and black PR Katie Holms?

Did Tom Cruise ever black PR Katie? Call her an SP?

If not...why not?

AnonyMary

Did the Cult ever try to slime and black PR Katie Holms?

Did Tom Cruise ever black PR Katie? Call her an SP?

If not...why not?

Leland, you would have heard about it if they had. But of course they didn't because she decided to keep her mouth shut in exchange for an uncontested divorce, and full legal and physical custody of their daughter Suri, and a big LEAVE ME ALONE, ALL OF YOU. So they would not dare... as long as she keeps her mouth shut as well.

She got what she wanted, so it worth not talking. She is one smart cookie.:yes: