What's new

Knowing How to Know vs. Believing

Veda

Sponsor
Hubbard's 1938 'Excalibur' letter serves as the de facto 'Mission Statement' of Scientology (Hubbard's Scientology that is), and it's not in the least airy or spiritual.

"Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' but just to survive... I turned the thing up, so it's up to me to survive in a big way. Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note, or painted canvass or hard granite [titanium?]. Foolishly perhaps, but determined nonetheless, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous. It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten, which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt. And all this boils and froths inside my head."

Years later, Hubbard wrote that "PR is overt (visible), Intelligence (the serious part) is covert."

The 'Axioms' were always of interest to me, and I can remember spending a summer reading and rereading Hubbard's descriptions of them in the (now out of print) book, 'The Phoenix Lectures'. To me, it was a wonderful change of pace from other philosophical texts, books on Zen, "consciousness," Yoga, etc., that I had been reading previously.

At the time, being naive, I assumed this was the core of Scientology - its 'Axioms' - but I was naive.

It turned out that Hubbard was a "joker" (and a somewhat grim one at that) with a "hidden agenda," and that, indeed, "PR is overt" and "Intelligence is covert."

The "serious stuff" of Scientology (Hubbard's Scientology) is not the visible and promoted part.

P.S. And the "promoted part" includes the advertised "confidential upper levels."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=32002&postcount=11

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=29401&postcount=8

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
With all due respect Vin, that's not bile.

If you ever want to see some bile just give me the nod and I'll point you to a thread or ten on another message board that will make your head spin.

Vinaire

Sponsor
With all due respect Vin, that's not bile.

If you ever want to see some bile just give me the nod and I'll point you to a thread or ten on another message board that will make your head spin.

If its not bile then it is ignorance. Sad but true.

This guy has no idea of the truth. He is simply stuck with Hubbard.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard's 1938 'Excalibur' letter serves as the de facto 'Mission Statement' of Scientology (Hubbard's Scientology that is), and it's not in the least airy or spiritual.

"Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' but just to survive... I turned the thing up, so it's up to me to survive in a big way. Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note, or painted canvass or hard granite [titanium?]. Foolishly perhaps, but determined nonetheless, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous. It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten, which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt. And all this boils and froths inside my head."

How would such a being set up the perfect program?

The first thing to establish is to create oneself as a hidden source of everything and everyone. (To do that would require the subtle denial of everyone and everything.)

Obviously the source point would be that which everything and everyone is based on.

Axiom 1.

First change the formless unsubstantial substance of the pure essence of Spirit to Theta - a subtle shift - but a repositioning shift.

The second step would be to exclude everything and everyone.

Simple "It" has no mass, no location, no space, no time.

Where-as the opposite is true - it can create and include all mass, (things) all locations, all space, all time and all energy.

Years later, Hubbard wrote that "PR is overt (visible), Intelligence (the serious part) is covert."

The 'Axioms' were always of interest to me, and I can remember spending a summer reading and rereading Hubbard's descriptions of them in the (now out of print) book, 'The Phoenix Lectures'. To me, it was a wonderful change of pace from other philosophical texts, books on Zen, "consciousness," Yoga, etc., that I had been reading previously.

At the time, being naive, I assumed this was the core of Scientology - its 'Axioms' - but I was naive.

It turned out that Hubbard was a "joker" (and a somewhat grim one at that) with a "hidden agenda," and that, indeed, "PR is overt" and "Intelligence is covert."

The "serious stuff" of Scientology (Hubbard's Scientology) is not the visible and promoted part.

The rest of the Axioms contain a lot of alignments and truth.

When you can grasp the all-ness potential of the formless unsubstantial substance of the pure essence of Spirit - the resultant expansion of what is possible goes beyond incredible.

Alan

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
How would such a being set up the perfect program?

The first thing to establish is to create oneself as a hidden source of everything and everyone. (To do that would require the subtle denial of everyone and everything.)

Obviously the source point would be that which everything and everyone is based on.

Axiom 1.

First change the formless unsubstantial substance of the pure essence of Spirit to Theta - a subtle shift - but a repositioning shift.

The second step would be to exclude everything and everyone.

Simple "It" has no mass, no location, no space, no time.
If one were to demo hubbo's "Axiom 1" as it were intended it would look something like this;

Explode1.gif

At best the guy had a massive MU as to the nature of 'static'!

Terril park

Sponsor
Since time immemorial, people have been transferring skills from one generation to another in some form of apprenticeship.

Four thousand years ago, the Babylonian Code of Hammurabi provided that artisans teach their crafts to youth. The records of Egypt, Greece, and Rome from earliest times reveal that skills were still being passed on in this fashion.

When youth in olden days achieved the status of craft workers, they became important members of society. Their prestige in England centuries ago is reflected in a dialog from the Red Book of Hergest, a 14th-century Welsh Bardic manuscript:

“Open the door! “I will not open it. “Wherefore not? “The knife is in the meat, and the drink is in the horn, and there is revelry in Arthur’s Hall; and none may enter therein but the son of a King of a privileged country, or a craftsman bringing his craft.”

The status given the craft worker was well placed. As we all know, many countries no longer have kings but still have craft workers.

A little history of apprenticeships! :)

Alan

Beautiful history lesson.

Hammurabi also gave the rule of law as opposed to the rule of man.

Terril park

Sponsor
Possibly! :)

But - it is this inability to attain the consistent State of KNOW in the fullest extent that has destroyed Scientology.

Almost all areas except the most limited areas on each of us is buried in continuous chronic conditions of Mass, Force, Blankness, Confusion, Stupidity, Invisibleness, and Denial. (Not-Is.)

How does one take each key area up the Scale to KNOW?

The point Scio crashed is in June 1964 - that is the point LRH banned any other viewpoint than his.

He pretended to know. He pretended to be the only source of the Technology.

That false State led to an unworkable Technology that deteriorated the whole subject to the insane mess it is in right now.

Up to that time we (the advanced research processors and execs) were all engaged in finding the unknowns and running a rising scale procedure until we reached a state of know in the fullest extent.

Not just some head significance - but a PT Life demonstration of pure whole Knowledge in Action.

A PT Life demonstration of pure whole Knowledge in Action that telepathically caused amazing rising scale improvements regardless of any distance in many beings lives simultaniously.:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Alan

You appear here to deny the great value and expansion of the mission Network that occurred later.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
You appear here to deny the great value and expansion of the mission Network that occurred later.

Great value?

The long term results do not show great value to very many people.

We promised "freedom" and "restored determinism" - instead, we delivered people into the most insidious trap imaginable.

I built my Missions on the promises of what the future of new discoveries in Scio held - none appeared - just rehashes of old material.

The "Mission Network" turned into a "bait and switch" trap. A naive bunch of fools.

Strange how some of greatest masters of the Technology for individual growth could be tricked into supporting the most hideous bunch of bureaucratic organizational leeches designed to entrap so many.

The purpose for a Scio Organization is: To create a safe space so that that auditing and training could occur.

But instead we had layers of Organizations that monitored layers of Organization so that LRH could maintain control and domination whilst he stayed in hiding.....each time he ran away.......a new layer of Organization was built to solve his control and domination of the area he blew from.

Alan

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Strange how some of greatest masters of the Technology for individual growth could be tricked into supporting the most hideous bunch of bureaucratic organizational leeches designed to entrap so many.

Alan

Poetry. Straight up.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
Great value?

The long term results do not show great value to very many people.

We promised "freedom" and "restored determinism" - instead, we delivered people into the most insidious trap imaginable.

I built my Missions on the promises of what the future of new discoveries in Scio held - none appeared - just rehashes of old material.

The "Mission Network" turned into a "bait and switch" trap. A naive bunch of fools.

You're tugging on the old heart strings ... ya are. :touched:

Div6

Crusader
That is a great quote. Who are the revered craftsmen of this modern age?

Igor Stravinsky
Plant\Page
Elton John\Bernie Taupin
Mick Jagger\Keith Richards
Paul Simon
Pete Townsend\Roger Daltry
The Pre-Ford buyout Jaguar company
Rolls Royce
Barbera Streisand
Gilbert and Sullivan
The Beatles

etc...

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Igor Stravinsky
Plant\Page
Elton John\Bernie Taupin
Mick Jagger\Keith Richards
Paul Simon
Pete Townsend\Roger Daltry
The Pre-Ford buyout Jaguar company
Rolls Royce
Barbera Streisand
Gilbert and Sullivan
The Beatles

etc...

Notable absentees:

Bob Moog (R.I.P.)
Nikola Tesla
Frank Zappa
Diego Maradona (?!)
Catherine Destivelle
David Lynch

etc.... :)

Oh, and not forgetting, Alanzo the Magnificent.