L. Ron Hubbard — A Galactic Case of Stolen Valor

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by triumph, Jun 24, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. triumph

triumph Patron Meritorious

OPS lens
    L. Ron Hubbard — A Galactic Case of Stolen Valor
    By Adam P · June 24, 2018
    Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, more popularly known as either L. Ron Hubbard or LRH, is most famous for founding the sci-fi cult that eventually became the Church of Scientology. However, according to the so-called “church” he founded, L. Ron was also a war hero who was “highly decorated for duties under fire.” Not only that, he was left “partially blind and lame from injuries sustained in combat”—a situation he completely reversed by healing himself with what ended up being the foundation of his book Dianetics and then the future Church of Scientology.
    Now, it is important to know that Scientologists claim that every word Hubbard wrote is infallible; the writings of L. Ron Hubbard are completely and utterly correct, being based solely on facts. This is an extremely important aspect to keep in mind for one very important reason that the Church of Scientology explained themselves: “Of course, if it’s true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war, then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles, then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie,” said Tommy Davis, then-chief spokesperson for the Church of Scientology.

snippet:
    The fact of the matter, according to the Department of the Navy’s Bureau of Naval Personnel, is that war hero L. Ron Hubbard received exactly four total medals and awards. These are the American Defense Service Medal, the American Campaign Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and the World War II Victory Medal. All four of these medals were automatically awarded to any service member who was serving during very specific time periods and/or in very specific areas. So this means that the only thing the old LRH was ever awarded for was that he showed up to a recruiting station. The man that the Church of Scientology calls a war hero actually only received a participation ribbon for being born at the same time as the rest of the Greatest Generation.

more@link
    https://www.opslens.com/2018/06/24/l-ron-hubbard-a-galactic-case-of-stolen-valor/

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  2. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

I've known about this for awhile, it always cracked me up. Hubbard..... no shame.

Cracked me up because I actually had one more military medal/award than Hubbard. Same deal, I got five of them just for showing up and being there during certain dates, 1978-82.

All peacetime, more or less.
    Although one time we flew around over the English Channel for three hours in a C-5 Galaxy, waiting for the "go" signal to be flown to some desert area with our fuel trucks. Never happened. Which was great because I was getting worried. They were talking about issuing AR-15's to us as soon as we landed in whatever desert area we were going to. They didn't tell us exactly where.

Also, what the heck was up with Hubbard's stint in the Marine Reserves in the 30's and his attaining Master Sargeant rank? That always sounded fishy to me.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

It's a very good article!