L Ron Hubbard Presents . . .

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by Jump, Jan 16, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Anybody remember "Alfred Hitchcock presents"?
    It used to feature a different horror story each week on TV.

Hope one day to see "Ron Hubbard Presents..."

Each week could be a story about someone`s experiences in Scientology.

No shortage of stories. No shortage of horror.

This was posted recently on the Kiwianon messageboard by a member here who may or may not want to be identified. The people looking here for more info after reading the avalanche of entheta coming from the new books* will be interested in personal stories. Care to share? We should be able to rustle up more than one story per week. These don't have to be about Hubbard specifically, but the affects of exposure to his organisation.

I'm thinking a short summary with link to post or blog etc where the story appears in more detail. Or just a few lines of summary.

Share your story from the archives of 'L Ron Hubbard Presents'

* The books:
    Sweeney - The Church of Fear
    Wright - Going Clear
    Miscavige Hill - Beyond Belief

2. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Find your voice. Take back your power. :yes:

3. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Lisa McPherson - Dies in a Scientology Isolation Cell

Lisa McPherson - Dies in a Scientology Isolation Cell

A pretty young woman joins Scientology seeking enlightenment.
    She donates over $100,000 and attains the state of 'Clear'.
    Soon after, she tries to escape the Centre but is caught and placed in an isolation room with no personal contact and limited food.
    Her Scientology carers are not allowed to speak to her.
    She loses her mind and slips into a coma.
    After 17 days of isolation she dies, dehydrated, her body covered in insect bites and bed sores.

More here.

4. enturbulator

enturbulator Patron

Hitchcock eventually ran out of horror stories because there were no new stories to be told. We can only hope that the day will come when there are no new Scientology horror stories to be told.

5. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

It's a bit hard to get more horrifying than a death. Perhaps we could add a new story about a death every week. What about the lady who was shot on the ship?

6. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Lisa McPherson is a big one, that's true. But for people that are disconnected, extorted of large 'donations' or just wasted years of their life - these are the things that L Ron Hubbard presents under the cloak of 'religion'.

I think the simplest things can be very powerful. 'My child is not allowed to talk to me.' 'I spent 10 years seeking enlightenment and ended up broke and confused.' These kinds of things are what L Ron Hubbard really presented. What did he present to you?

7. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

I was in scientology for 20 years. I got into it when I was 24 years old.

Telling the story of what happened to me - to my mind and my life - when I left the cult, was not easy. I made my first deep attempt of telling what it was truly like to leave the mind-controlling cult of scientology here on the Ex-scientologist Message Board (ESMB).

I began by admitting, anonymously, that I was struggling with severe trauma. It wasn’t until two years later that I felt strong enough to open up and tell my story. I literally fought for my life at times and wasn’t sure if I was going to make it back to being a functional human being. I have.

I tell what it was like to lose everything I had valued for most of my adult life. I describe the total sense of despair and of being lost on a heaving churning ocean, unable to find my shore. I lived through the darkness and the horror of observing mind control in action and the shattering of it in my mind. I lived to tell the tale of how hard I fought to shed the mental controls and find my way back to the real world and to a new sense of myself.

Here is my story: it is the story of crawling my way out the cult of scientology tunnel of thought-stopping mind-control and what it took to regain myself. It is a story of travelling from the darkness into the light. To joy and peace.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26180-Sallydannce-s-Story

8. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Fear.

It was not just Scientology that did that to me though.

For my children I think it was abandonment.