What's new

l ron Hubbard the Hippy

kate8024

-deleted-
He also took a lot of drugs. That is pretty hippy.
He was kind of into military-ish stuff though which is kind of non-hippy.
He was way into weird spiritual stuff though which is very hippy.

AnonKat

Crusader
prove you wrong?

i knew that all along

hell, just look at the photo from queens n.y. 1973

John Edgar Hoover (January 1, 1895 – May 2, 1972) was the first Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of the United States. Appointed director of the Bureau of Investigation—predecessor to the FBI—in 1924, he was instrumental in founding the FBI in 1935, where he remained director until his death in 1972 at age 77.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
He took on the FBI and the CIA

So he is a hippy.

Proove me wrong

On your side is that the Hippies always were looking for a guru, and El Wrong was the ultimate guru. Hippies were hip deep into drugs, and well, Vistaril, enough said. Hippies were dirty and smelly and lived in communes. Ol' Wrong was dirty and smelly and the Sea Org is a sort of commune. The hippies eschewed money and were for peace and free love, and El Wrong always said he was working for world peace, and dearly loved to get a piece of cult tail when he could.

On the negative side, hippies were decentralized and disorganized and the Sea Org is a military style organization, with the rest of the CO$ being a dog's breakfast of organizations. While many hippies eschewed money because they were from comfortable backgrounds and could get their hands on some when the hypocrisy got too deep, El Wrong came from a financially unstable background and was always on the hunt for more money. Publicly, he was against drugs and free love. Hippies had wonderful taste in music and art and were often musically talented. El Wrong ... well, to paraphrase Douglas Adams, you could fit El Wrong's sense of aesthetic taste into a matchbox without taking the matches out first.

And finally, El Wrong was the wrong generation to be a Hippy.

AnonKat

Crusader
Nope, I am going with Hippy now, besides he was less worse than American Society in 1951.WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING ELEKTROSHOKING LESBIANS AND GAYS

america America this is you

We in the Netherlands never took on Eugenics, fucking American Psychiatrist imported that shit right from the Germans

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
We in the Netherlands never took on Eugenics, fucking American Psychiatrist imported that shit right from the Germans

AnonKat, are you kidding? Eugenics was an English movement. The Nazis took it and twisted it, but it hardly started with them.

The Dutch never heavily (though they did somewhat, ever hear of Afkomst en Toekomst?) took up Eugenics in Europe because the Netherlands are a small country with a homogenous, middle class population, and has been since the middle ages. As long as everyone in the Netherlands was in the club, the Dutch had no reason to take it up. But as soon as the Dutch began mixing with those dirty brown people, its appeal became obvious.

And seriously, in America, Psychiatry was only perpherally involved. Eugenics was more biological in nature - was an offshoot of the infant study of human heredity and the birth control movement. Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood had far more to do with it than Psychiatry, so why are you going on about it? These days in America the only people who try to smear Planned Parenthood with its eugenic origins are the religious Republicans who are hell bent on destroying freedom of choice. Why dig that far back - there was lots of goofy shit held as gospel by a much more credulous medical comminty back then. Prior to WWII, a lot of good people thought eugenics might have some benefit, not having seen it tried on a large scale yet. Medical science evolves, as science is structured to do, and the bad stuff is cast off over time. The process isn't fast, but it is remoreseless.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Hubbub a hippy? Yeah, I think that's what he aspired towards along with being a movie star, producer, nuclear physicist, writer, and a stellar Artist/musician, (bla, bla) all around progressive, new-world guy: anything that anyone would love to be involved with or doing. Yet he tried it in a more pseudo-intellectual beatnik sort of way - and hid the real hippy stuff.

He failed at all attempts miserably, but had he mentioned that he really wanted to F with everyone's mind and create some sort of godly (small 'g') legacy - then everyone would have to say: "he succeeded."

I really do hope he gets a small glimpse of just what his legacy is- and is going to be for all eternity.

Quite sure he's been evicted from Venus and the Van Allen Belt...and really: even the Marcabians don't want him I am sure!

He's squeezing someone's cans somewhere for sure.

(I'll go to bed now)

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
He took on the FBI and the CIA

So he is a hippy.

Proove me wrong

Perhaps there is another explanation? Attacking the FBI and CIA might even make sense, if Dianetics was really D.I.A.netics for Defense Intelligency Agency. Though the DIA was 'founded' in 1955, it had been in the planning stage for many years, Master Hypnotist George Estabrooks was a consulting hypnotist for OSS which became the DIA and the CIA. See THIS POST for more creepy connections to MkUltra and Hubbard...

PS: I used to think this observation based on dealing with scientology's osa dirty tricks division was MY one liner:

"the best place to hide something is right in front of you"

15 years later, I was reading "The CIA and the World of Arts and Letters"

and the author stated that that line above, "The best place to hide something is right in front of you" is a CIA Maxim.

And I highly recommend anyone who is really interesting in what is really going on, to learn the depth of the social control mechanisms created and used to mold what passes for american society, MUST read this book.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
He also took a lot of drugs. That is pretty hippy.
He was kind of into military-ish stuff though which is kind of non-hippy.
He was way into weird spiritual stuff though which is very hippy.
Some hippies were way into military paraphenalia: army jackets/coats, combat boots, gas mask bags, swastikas. (Swastika's not originally a military symbol but certainly has that association in the West.)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Some hippies were way into military paraphenalia: army jackets/coats, combat boots, gas mask bags, swastikas. (Swastika's not originally a military symbol but certainly has that association in the West.)

To me the military symbology in hippydom was about subversion. Men could't fight for the nasty politicians if they had long hair and a beard, it's like showing that we refused to fight their wars, that we would have dodged the draught if we had it in the UK. The mixing of the two clashing uniforms shows utter disrespect for the politics of the mainstream 'my country right or wrong' attitude. I never had any problems wearing velvet and paisley with a USA military shirt from WW2, long hair in a near afro and bare feet. I wore that shirt and the jewellery and exotic lovely fabrics with pride, it said 'give peace a chance' to me, and more importantly a refusal to be a pawn on some idiot politician's chessboard.

AnonKat

Crusader
In Dutch but Flemish So that would be the belgians, you fail.

AnonKat, are you kidding? Eugenics was an English movement. The Nazis took it and twisted it, but it hardly started with them.

The Dutch never heavily (though they did somewhat, ever hear of Afkomst en Toekomst?) took up Eugenics in Europe because the Netherlands are a small country with a homogenous, middle class population, and has been since the middle ages. As long as everyone in the Netherlands was in the club, the Dutch had no reason to take it up. But as soon as the Dutch began mixing with those dirty brown people, its appeal became obvious.

And seriously, in America, Psychiatry was only perpherally involved. Eugenics was more biological in nature - was an offshoot of the infant study of human heredity and the birth control movement. Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood had far more to do with it than Psychiatry, so why are you going on about it? These days in America the only people who try to smear Planned Parenthood with its eugenic origins are the religious Republicans who are hell bent on destroying freedom of choice. Why dig that far back - there was lots of goofy shit held as gospel by a much more credulous medical comminty back then. Prior to WWII, a lot of good people thought eugenics might have some benefit, not having seen it tried on a large scale yet. Medical science evolves, as science is structured to do, and the bad stuff is cast off over time. The process isn't fast, but it is remoreseless.

AnonKat

Crusader
Actually Hubbard knew this in 1951, so he was smarter than the average American in 1951.

[video=youtube;PP376qIWyyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP376qIWyyg[/video]

[video=youtube;_JY1pLFIsek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JY1pLFIsek[/video]

Perhaps there is another explanation? Attacking the FBI and CIA might even make sense, if Dianetics was really D.I.A.netics for Defense Intelligency Agency. Though the DIA was 'founded' in 1955, it had been in the planning stage for many years, Master Hypnotist George Estabrooks was a consulting hypnotist for OSS which became the DIA and the CIA. See THIS POST for more creepy connections to MkUltra and Hubbard...

PS: I used to think this observation based on dealing with scientology's osa dirty tricks division was MY one liner:

"the best place to hide something is right in front of you"

15 years later, I was reading "The CIA and the World of Arts and Letters"

and the author stated that that line above, "The best place to hide something is right in front of you" is a CIA Maxim.

And I highly recommend anyone who is really interesting in what is really going on, to learn the depth of the social control mechanisms created and used to mold what passes for american society, MUST read this book.

AnonKat

Crusader
Our doctors always have been better than yours

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,885063,00.html

Dutch doctors have forced a dose of political castor oil down the throats of Holland's Nazi overlords. Furious because the doctors refused to join a Nazi-created Chamber of Physicians, the Nazis threatened them with penalties. Thereupon 6,200 Dutch doctors shut their offices, went on strike. They told Reich Commissioner Arthur Seyss-Inquart that they would have no part of a medical society that sponsored "deportation of the insane and sick persons and the sterilization of healthy people."

Seyss-Inquart stormed, threw hundreds of doctors into jail. For weeks there was almost no medical service in The Netherlands. Then the Nazis, fearful of epidemics, gave..

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,885063,00.html#ixzz2aKvbDgSv

QUOTE=Udarnik;828116]AnonKat, are you kidding? Eugenics was an English movement. The Nazis took it and twisted it, but it hardly started with them.

And seriously, in America, Psychiatry was only perpherally involved. Eugenics was more biological in nature - was an offshoot of the infant study of human heredity and the birth control movement. Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood had far more to do with it than Psychiatry, so why are you going on about it? These days in America the only people who try to smear Planned Parenthood with its eugenic origins are the religious Republicans who are hell bent on destroying freedom of choice. Why dig that far back - there was lots of goofy shit held as gospel by a much more credulous medical comminty back then. Prior to WWII, a lot of good people thought eugenics might have some benefit, not having seen it tried on a large scale yet. Medical science evolves, as science is structured to do, and the bad stuff is cast off over time. The process isn't fast, but it is remoreseless.[/QUOTE]