What's new

L, Ron whining, whining, whining about his impotence - 1946

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Here's our boy, L. Ron, whining about his impotence. Written at the time he was involved with the "highly sexed" and much younger than him Sara Northrup:

"Sexual feeling has been depressed by several things amounting to a major impasse. To cure ulcers of the stomach I was given testosterone and stilbesterol. These reduced my libido to nothing. While taking these drugs I fell in love with Sara. She can be most exciting sexually to me. Because of drugs as above and a hangover from my ex-wife Polly, I sometimes am unexcited by anything sexual. This depresses me.

My wife left me while I was in a hospital with ulcers. Polly was quite cruel. She was never a woman for me. She was under-sexed and had bad sexual habits such as self-laceration done in private. She was no mate for me and yet I retained much affection for her. It was a terrible blow when she left me for I was ill and without prospects. I know, by this, she actually wanted no more than my ability to support her. This has had an effect of impotency upon me, has badly reduced my ego.

Polly was very bad for me sexually. Because of her coldness physically, the falsity of her pretensions, I believed myself a near eunuch between 1933 and 1936 or ? when I found I was attractive to other women. I had many affairs. But my failure to please Polly made me always pay so much attention to my momentary mate that I derived small pleasure myself. This was an anxiety neurosis which cut down my natural powers.

In 1938-39 I met a girl in New York, Helen, who pleased me very much physically. I loved her and she me. The affair would have lasted had not Polly found out. Polly made things so miserable that I finally detested her and became detested by Helen, who two-timed me on my return to New York in 1941. This also reduced my libido. I have had Helen since but no longer want her. She does not excite me and I do not love her.

In 1942 – December 17th or thereabouts – while training in Miami, Florida, I met a girl named Ginger who excited me. She was a very loose person but pretended a great love for me. From her I received an infection of gonnohorea (sp?). I was terrified by it, the consequences of being discovered by my wife, the navy, my friends. I went to a private doctor who treated me with sulfa-thiazole and so forth. I thought I was cured but on a plane headed to Portland, Ore. I found I was not. I took to dosing myself with sulfa in such quantities that I was afraid I had affected my brain. My wife came to Portland. I took what precautions I could. I think actually that the disease was utterly cured very early. This fear further depressed my libido. My wife disliked the act anyway, I believe, even after she had a hysterectomy in 1938. (She was always terrified of childbirth but conceived despite all precautions seven times in five years resulting in five abortions and two children. I am quite fond of my children but my wife always tried to convince me that I hated them.)

I carried this fear of the disease to sea with me. I was reprimanded in San Diego in mid-43 for firing on the Mexican coast and was removed from command of my ship. This on top of having sunk two Jap subs without credit, the way my crew lied for me at the Court of Inquiry, the insults of the High Command, all combined to put me in the hospital with ulcers.

I returned to sea as navigator of a large ship and was subsequently selected for the Military Government School at Princeton whither I went in 1944-45 for three months. During my Princeton sojourn I was very tired and harrassed (sp?) and spent week-ends with a writer friend in Philadelphia. He almost forced me to sleep with his wife. Meanwhile I had a affair with a woman named Ferne. Somehow, perhaps because I had constantly wet feet and no sleep at Princeton, I contracted a staphloceus infection. I mistook it for gonnhorea and until I arrived at Monterey, believed my old illness had returned. I consulted a doctor there who reassured me. This affair again depressed my libido. The staphloceus infection has not entirely vanished, appearing as rheumatism which only small doses of stilbestrol will remove. The hormone further reduces my libido and I am nearly impotent.

Sara, my sweetheart, is young, beautiful, desirable. We are very gay companions. I please her physically until she weeps about any separation. I want her always. But I am 13 years older than she. She is heavily sexed. My libido is so low I hardly admire her naked.

I mean to be constant to her. I love her very much. But to live with her I must regain my sexual powers, my stimulus.

I must cease to take hormones. I must rebuild my feeling of excitement about things sexual.

I have a very bad masturbatory history. I was taught when I was 11 and, despite guilt, fear of insanity, etc. etc. I persisted. At a physical examination at a Y when I was about 13, the examiner and the people with him called me out of the line because my testicles hung low and cautioned me about what would happen if I kept on masturbating. This “discovery” was a bad shock to me.

I had to be so silent about it that now when a bedspring squeaks I lose all libido. I eventually found out I would not be insane, or injure myself but the scars remain.

Polly pretended a hollow passion which disgusted me. But I am lingeringly fond of her even so. I am also nostalgic about Helen.

By eliminating certain fears by hypnosis, curing my rheumatism and laying off hormones, I hope to restore my former libido. I must!"

http://www.carolineletkeman.org/archives/177

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Of course, the thing that is conspicuously missing in all of Hubbard's whining about his impotence is the word "engram" or even the notion of it.

Certainly, he would pinpoint an engram as the problem if one of his followers complained about impotence, for which Dianutty would have a cure. So it's pretty odd that he looks to blame rather practical things, yet completely overlooks his own "science of the mind" which would was supposed to transform civilization and spread to other planets.

In reality, all of Hubbard's hokum couldn't even help him get it up, let alone cure leukemia or blindness. Chain smoking can also go a ways toward making a middle aged man impotent.

Cornelius Bigot

Patron with Honors
Of course, the thing that is conspicuously missing in all of Hubbard's whining about his impotence is the word "engram" or even the notion of it.

Certainly, he would pinpoint an engram as the problem if one of his followers complained about impotence, for which Dianutty would have a cure. So it's pretty odd that he looks to blame rather practical things, yet completely overlooks his own "science of the mind" which would was supposed to transform civilization and spread to other planets.

In reality, all of Hubbard's hokum couldn't even help him get it up, let alone cure leukemia or blindness. Chain smoking can also go a ways toward making a middle aged man impotent.
I think you just pwned the hubs and everything he supposedly stood for. :clap:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

The "Admissions" were supposedly written around 1946. Would that not have been BEFORE he "discovered" engrams? I know it was before he wrote Dianetics.

Thanks for that update on "the Great Ones" personal sexual issues. I love a good diversion as much as the next guy.

Maybe you have tired of contemplating the plethora of Scientology criminal activities & tactics.

A break from the realities of this Universe may be something the Scientology Cult's faithful can appreciate.

Frankly my Dear, I'm not going to say..."I don't give a Hooey"...:omg:

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
Go to one of your own threads on the only topic you're interested in. The one you made up. This thread isn't here to be converted into one of your conspiracy threads. Thank you in advance.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
So, does our whining about hubbird and the fact that he whined about his shortcomings mean that we're in his valance? :omg:

Anonycat

Crusader
CB, haven't you heard?

In December 1945 Parsons began a series of rituals based on Enochian magic during which he masturbated onto magical tablets, accompanied by Sergei Prokofiev's Second Violin Concerto and using his own semen and blood for this purpose. Describing this magical operation as the Babalon Working, he hoped to bring about the incarnation of Thelemite goddess Babalon onto Earth. He allowed Hubbard to take part as his "scribe", believing that he was particularly sensitive to detecting magical phenomena. As described by Richard Metzger, "Parsons jerked off in the name of spiritual advancement" while Hubbard "scanned the astral plane for signs and visions."

Their final ritual took place in the Mojave Desert in late February 1946, during which Parsons abruptly decided that his undertaking was complete. On returning to the Parsonage he discovered that a woman named Marjorie Cameron—an unemployed illustrator and former Navy WAVE—had come to visit. Believing her to be the "elemental" woman and manifestation of Babalon that he had invoked, in early March Parsons began performing sex magic rituals with Cameron, who acted as his "Scarlet Woman", while Hubbard continued to participate as the amanuensis. Unlike the rest of the household, Cameron knew nothing at first of Parsons' magical intentions: "I didn't know anything about the OTO, I didn't know that they had invoked me, I didn't know anything, but the whole house knew it. Everybody was watching to see what was going on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_...bard_and_the_Babalon_Working:_1945.E2.80.9346

Cornelius Bigot

Patron with Honors
LOL! That's fantastic. Keeping stats even back then.
I've read some of what the great John Atack posted on the Bunker, but i didn't know Hubs had been a Semen Scribe. :omg:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
I had previously missed L. Ron's reference to the Havelock Ellis case studies:

"You have forgotten the case histories of Havelock Ellis. They did not surfeit you. You have forgotten them."

'Henry Havelock Ellis, known as Havelock Ellis (2 February 1859 – 8 July 1939), was an English physician, writer, Progressive intellectual and social reformer who studied human sexuality. He was co-author of the first medical textbook in English on homosexuality in 1897, and also published works on a variety of sexual practices and inclinations, including transgender psychology

The 1897 English translation of Ellis' book Sexual Inversion, co-authored with John Addington Symonds and originally published in German in 1896, was the first English medical textbook on homosexuality.[SUP] [/SUP] It describes the sexual relations of homosexual males, including men with boys. Ellis wrote the first objective study of homosexuality, as he did not characterise it as a disease, immoral, or a crime. The work assumes that same-sex love transcended age taboos as well as gender taboos. Seven of his twenty-one case studies are of so-called "inter-generational relationships" which most people today would categorize as child abuse.[SUP]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havelock_Ellis

[/SUP]

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
I had previously missed L. Ron's reference to the Havelock Ellis case studies:

"You have forgotten the case histories of Havelock Ellis. They did not surfeit you. You have forgotten them."

'Henry Havelock Ellis, known as Havelock Ellis (2 February 1859 – 8 July 1939), was an English physician, writer, Progressive intellectual and social reformer who studied human sexuality. He was co-author of the first medical textbook in English on homosexuality in 1897, and also published works on a variety of sexual practices and inclinations, including transgender psychology

The 1897 English translation of Ellis' book Sexual Inversion, co-authored with John Addington Symonds and originally published in German in 1896, was the first English medical textbook on homosexuality.[SUP] [/SUP] It describes the sexual relations of homosexual males, including men with boys. Ellis wrote the first objective study of homosexuality, as he did not characterise it as a disease, immoral, or a crime. The work assumes that same-sex love transcended age taboos as well as gender taboos. Seven of his twenty-one case studies are of so-called "inter-generational relationships" which most people today would categorize as child abuse.[SUP]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havelock_Ellis

[/SUP]

Fascination wiki article about Havelock Ellis -- I'd never heard of the guy, but Hubbard must have studied him quite a bit? There's a reference in Ellis's work on "sex and pain" which might have been a predecessor to Hubbard's tech bulletin on that subject. Something for those who are interested enough in the origins of Hubbard's works to look into....

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Parsons jerked off in the name of spiritual advancement" while Hubbard "scanned the astral plane for signs and visions."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :unsure:

they must have got Aleister to enjoy ''magic masturbation'' with them...
apparently he loved to performed his magic in the boys ''backyard'' :eyeroll:

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The "Admissions" were supposedly written around 1946. Would that not have been BEFORE he "discovered" engrams? I know it was before he wrote Dianetics.

In the 1950's, he married Mary Sue and presumably was the father of the children she bore, so he got some libido back.

But then, by the 1960's and 1970's he was reduced to getting his jollies by watching teen girls prance around him in hot pants.

Anonycat

Crusader
Cornelius Bigot, here's some TL;DR for you on their masturbation rituals and their secret cave that they did it in. And on Sara and the beginning money and ship that scientology came from. Enjoy!

On Halloween 1936, the group performed their first motor test near the Devil’s Gate Dam in Pasadena. The motor exploded, but soon they became infamous on campus. They were called the “Suicide Squad” due to the danger and perceived craziness of their experiments, particularly as rocket technology was considered by many scientists at the time to be foolish and mere science fiction in terms of any practical use and development of the technology.

This “Suicide Squad” was the beginnings of the famed Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the institution responsible for the Mars Rover Landing and many other advancements in rocket and robotic sciences.

In 1935, Jack married a young lady he met at a church dance, Helen Northup. It was also about this time where he also began his education on the occult and the Anti-Christ. After reading several books by Aleister Crowley, he began attending services at the Church of Thelema — the church founded by Crowley. Crowley believed himself to be a prophet and embraced the powers of magick (no, that is not a typo) as it related to quantum physics. Jack embraced these concepts immediately as another way for his science fiction fantasies to merge with his real-life. Parsons joined the Ordo Templi Orientis (which embraced Crowley’s Law of Thelema as its religion) and eventually would rise up through the ranks to lead the California branch. The OTO, for short, believed in the practice of sexual magick. Parsons’s path into darkness had begun to deepen.

In 1939, the rocket research group was awarded a grant by the Army for research into what was being termed “jet propulsion,” or a way to get a jet off of the ground when there was no runaway. According to John Carter’s definitive Parson’s biography “Sex and Rockets: The Occult World of Jack Parsons,” most of the grant money ended up going to repair costs of the CalTech buildings they destroyed with their wild rocket experiments.

By 1942, the group, led by Parsons, had successfully developed a liquid jet fuel that would remain stable under intense circumstances. With the US entering World War II, the group sold 60 jet engines fueled by their new liquid jet fuel to the United States air corp under their new company’s name AeroJet. They were now America’s most imminent rocket scientists.

All the while, Jack Parsons continued down the occult path. With his newfound wealth, he financed religious ceremonies at his house, which was known in OTO circles as “The Parsonage.” These religious ceremonies consisted of loud chantings, orgies, and the attempted conception of the Anti-Christ, the latter of which Parsons eventually become somewhat obsessed with.

Soon, a war veteran and science-fiction writer by the name of L. Ron Hubbard, the eventual founder of Scientology, joined in on these rituals. Hubbard and Parsons became fast-friends, both obsessed with turning the world into the science fantasy they believed in. Sex, magick, and chaos reigned supreme at the Parsonage. Neighbors would often call the Pasadena police complaining of the “unspeakable” acts going on at the home. The police rarely believed them.

Jack’s personal life pivoted when he recruited Helen’s 16 year old sister, Sara, into their religious ceremonies. Soon, he and Sara were not only sleeping together, something that wasn’t all that frowned upon in their open relationship and community, but they also developed a deep emotional relationship as well. Helen, although not happy about the situation, relatively amicably moved on from Parsons, though it would be some time before they’d get divorced.

Hubbard and Parsons often would make their way to the Devil’s Gate Dam, the site of many of Parson’s rocket experiments, and thought by some to be the gate to hell, to summon goddess of Babalon, the Great Mother who would help them conceive the Anti-Christ. Despite the rituals, the Great Mother never showed up.

After receiving another grant from the Army to develop rocket-based weapons, the group officially became known as the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (which still exists today as part of NASA). Parsons sold his share in the company and became a freelancer of sorts, frequently working on individual rocket projects and giving talks. He was known world-wide as one of the leading experts in rocketry, despite having no formal education in the subject.

In 1947, he proclaimed to the Pacific Rocket Society that one day rockets would take humans to the moon. Right when Parsons was at his peak, seemingly balancing his professional career and his increasingly outlandish religious beliefs, it all exploded in his face. Literally.

L. Ron Hubbard and Jack Parsons formed a company together called Allied Enterprises. Parsons poured his life savings into the company. Their original idea to start with was to purchase a few yachts and re-sell them for profit.

Hubbard had another agenda. He stole all the assets from the company, including Parsons’ money, and escaped to Miami with Sara- effectively stealing Parsons’ money and woman. As mentioned, Hubbard later went on to establish Scientology. Parsons went broke.

To get back at Hubbard and Sara, Parsons performed a ritual to curse them, which he thought sort of worked:

Hubbard attempted to escape me by sailing at 5 P.M., and I performed a full evocation to Bartzabel [the spirit of Mars or War] within the circle at 8 P.M. At the same time, so far as I can check, his ship was struck by a sudden squall off the coast, which ripped off his sails and forced him back to port, where I took the boat in custody… Here I am in Miami pursuing the children of my folly; they cannot move without going to jail. However I am afraid that most of the money has already been dissipated.

He quickly dropped both spiritual and legal efforts against the pair, though, when Sara threatened to reveal that her and Parsons’ sexual relationship had begun when she was underage. In the end, a small portion of Parsons’ money was returned, and Hubbard and Sara were left with the yacht.

And that is how the Apollo was born - stolen money, stolen ship, and a stolen woman (Sara), from Jack Parsons. Devil's Gate Dam, and the attached Portal to Hell, is the location Jack and LaFayette held their sex magick rituals. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory was built very close by, as per Jack's order. You could see it from Hell's Gate.

devils-gate-dam-0878-w1000.JPG

[video=youtube;o1V-BA8s9wU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1V-BA8s9wU[/video]

Last edited: