What's new

Learning how to Audit

The Clouds

Howdy,

Ive spent the last couple of years or so reading about the group in particular accounts from former members and Church History. As a result of this I feel like it would be really fun/ interesting to recreationally audit some of my likeminded friends. Ive already located an E-meter to use so my question is:

What books/pdfs/lectures should I get my hands on if I want to do this? Would something like Book 1 or The Original Thesis suffice or are there better options?( Naturally I don't expect to become a class X auditor by reading a book or two)

I know the best way of course would be to take the courses offered by the local group however Im rather reluctant to get to involved with them for obvious reasons. The only real materials ive seem to locate so far are ones that critique the process or the meter itself but not actually teach the "practice" in depth.

Jump

Operating teatime
Howdy,

Ive spent the last couple of years or so reading about the group in particular accounts from former members and Church History. As a result of this I feel like it would be really fun/ interesting to recreationally audit some of my likeminded friends. Ive already located an E-meter to use so my question is:

What books/pdfs/lectures should I get my hands on if I want to do this? Would something like Book 1 or The Original Thesis suffice or are there better options?( Naturally I don't expect to become a class X auditor by reading a book or two)

I know the best way of course would be to take the courses offered by the local group however Im rather reluctant to get to involved with them for obvious reasons. The only real materials ive seem to locate so far are ones that critique the process or the meter itself but not actually teach the "practice" in depth.

Just be sure to work from a prepared list.

[video=youtube;t9reLONOJ7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9reLONOJ7U[/video]

This is the diametric opposite to modern counselling which relies on client-centered counselling where a key basis of the process is to have the client determine his/her needs. But Hubbard used the diametric opposite frequently as it confused the 'PC' into believing anything he said.

Mosay

Patron
the-holy-bible.jpg

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Howdy,

What do you hope to gain by auditing your 'likeminded friends'?

The Clouds

Just be sure to work from a prepared list. This is the diametric opposite to modern counselling which relies on client-centered counselling where a key basis of the process is to have the client determine his/her needs. But Hubbard used the diametric opposite frequently as it confused the 'PC' into believing anything he said.

Thanks for your response. Ive always found it interesting to see psychopathic Hubbard and avuncular Hubbard compared. Any idea on how Id get those lists / and materials on how to use them? As for that last part thats kind of what fascinates me about the auditing process; its a hybrid of hypnosis and Freudian psychology wrapped in a mystical/new age shell (or rags for that matter)

The Clouds

What do you hope to gain by auditing your 'likeminded friends'?

Just a bit of harmless fun really, In the same way that one would with slight of hand tricks, palm reading or tarot cards. The reason why I said likeminded was to highlight they too had an basic understanding of scientology / skepticism.

Terril park

Sponsor
Howdy,

Get the book "Self Analysis" and you're good to go. Simple processes.
Get it from secondhand book sellers not CO$. Amazon prime secondhand, Abes books etc. Also these processes can be run solo ie on oneself. If
you are interested I'd suggest getting a non CO$ scientology case supervisor to advise you. This can be done over the net.

The Clouds

Get the book "Self Analysis" and you're good to go. Simple processes.
Get it from secondhand book sellers not CO$. Amazon prime secondhand, Abes books etc. Also these processes can be run solo ie on oneself. If
you are interested I'd suggest getting a non CO$ scientology case supervisor to advise you. This can be done over the net.

Thank you, how hard would it be to apply these processes in a group setting + with a meter?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Howdy,

Clearbird (pseudonym) has done a sterling job* of codifying and translating Hubbard's technical materials into regular English. His works are online for free. For example, at http://www.sgmt.at/ClearbirdE/Clearbird2004/

Set the meter aside, at least for now. It is not a beginner's tool and will be far more of a hindrance than a help. It has a definite "wow" factor associated with it, but is useless for a beginner.

Self Analysis is the best place for you to start, if you must get into Scientology auditing. It is (relatively) easy to pair up with another person and audit each other using Self Analysis, provided you follow the instructions. This video I made includes a demo of how the auditing is done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTphB7n2Z84

PaulsRobot (see signature) delivers free sessions 24/7, including some pure (more or less) Scientology ones, if you want to get an idea of how it's done.

I'm not a Scientologist any more and don't recommend doing Scientology. ESMB is not exactly full of people who like Scientology, so you are not likely to get much good advice here on how to do Scn!

*By sterling job I mean he has stayed true to the meaning of the original, not that it is valuable in itself.

Paul

strativarius

Just a bit of harmless fun really, In the same way that one would with slight of hand tricks, palm reading or tarot cards. The reason why I said likeminded was to highlight they too had an basic understanding of scientology / skepticism.

So you think that pretend psycho-analysis is 'harmless fun'? No matter what 'certain people' here who are trying to encourage you say, auditing is a form of hypnosis and was intended to manipulate people, not to help them. There are better ways to find harmless fun, even with one's clothes on, than this nonsense IMO.

BTW it's 'sleight of hand', not 'slight of hand'.

Jump

Operating teatime
Thanks for your response. Ive always found it interesting to see psychopathic Hubbard and avuncular Hubbard compared. Any idea on how Id get those lists / and materials on how to use them? As for that last part thats kind of what fascinates me about the auditing process; its a hybrid of hypnosis and Freudian psychology wrapped in a mystical/new age shell (or rags for that matter)

They would be just made up. A list of things that might 'read' and things that might not 'read'. It's just to break the 'PC' train of thought and get him to go along with yours, then go hard down the 'earlier similar' path. At the end of it, after a lot of stress in trying to create 'significance' the 'PC' will be relieved it's over. At that moment of induced euphoria, bilk them for as much dosh as you can.
Rinse. Repeat.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
So you think that pretend psycho-analysis is 'harmless fun'? No matter what 'certain people' here who are trying to encourage you say, auditing is a form of hypnosis and was intended to manipulate people, not to help them. There are better ways to find harmless fun, even with one's clothes on, than this nonsense IMO.

BTW it's 'sleight of hand', not 'slight of hand'.

This is totally true. It is not harmless.

The Clouds

@Dulloldfart

Thanks thats the kind of material I was looking for.

@strativarius
@oneonewasaracecar

I confess my ignorance here, I dont want to hurt or harm anyone I thought the existence of FreeZoners indicated it was the Co$ rather than the specific material that was the real danger to it. If its something that cant be done in a harmless way then it certainly not something I would want to do or inflict on others.

strativarius

@Dulloldfart

Thanks thats the kind of material I was looking for.

@strativarius
@oneonewasaracecar

I confess my ignorance here, I dont want to hurt or harm anyone I thought the existence of FreeZoners indicated it was the Co$ rather than the specific material that was the real danger to it. If its something that cant be done in a harmless way then it certainly not something I would want to do or inflict on others.

Whether it's the CofS or the Freakzonely, auditing is simply a means to an end such as harvesting confidential and potentially damaging information about a person and exercising control over them in one way or another. The idea that auditing is therapeutic and leads to a permanent enhancement of the subject's well-being is simply moonshine.

Of course, reading up on the subject of auditing and studying the various processes that were developed might be fascinating reading, but to actually engage in the activity is a complete waste of time.

Last edited:
the lists are not lists per se, they are compilations of processes Hubbard dreamed up over the years - they are called the grades process HCOBs. There's one for each of the grades 0-4 https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Scientology_cult_class_0_4_transcripts At wiki leaks you can down load the whole course materials, which include the Grade process HCOB for that level. Some of the processes can be run without a meter. Some can only be run with a meter.

The best bet, like Terril says, is to buy the book used off ebay, and do self analysis first - it is a wholly contained processing step - it gives you the theory, how to run the process, and all of the process commands, as well as what to do if you get in trouble. It's things like: Recall a time when you were happy. What was the color? Recall an earlier time you were happy. What was the color. Recall the earliest time you can that you were happy, what was the color. Then you move on to the next question, and a different perceptic, like weight etc.

When you run it on your friends you ask your friend the question - then you say "tell me about it" and listen to what they say, then give them some sort of acknowledgement - like thank you , or holy shit dude! appropriate to what they came up with. Then ask the next question. It can be run with or without a meter.

It's actually an amazing little process, it builds recall and it calms people down etc.

Very important to understand: it is a cheese in the mouth of the trap - you get wins from it, and think: Wow Scientology works and want more. So it is a very dangerous proposition. I did a similar process and as a result, was in Scientology for over 40 years before realizing I had been taken. Danger Will Robinson!

To work a meter you need to do the meter drills, buy the books on the meter, such as the book of emeter drills, which gives you the how to work a meter, watch some you tube videos on the various reads, and do the drills over and over until you are facile with it.

Re the freezoners or indi scientologists - some will take your interest in auditing, as a sign you want to purchase auditing from them, and attempt to get you to purchase auditing. You'll have to be clear, you just want to learn how to do auditing, not buy it.

Here's hoping you have some giggles, and move on to something else.

Best,

Mimsey

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Thank you, how hard would it be to apply these processes in a group setting + with a meter?

The auditing is designed for solo or for 2 people one auditing one
recieving the auditing. With a group split people into pairs.

Self analysis is aimed at improving memory/recall.

One can also do processes in " Handbook for Preclears" in
similar manner.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Self analysis is aimed at improving memory/recall.

Stop It.jpg

You know there has never actually been a clear, don't you?

You know the first 'clear' couldn't remember the color of a guy's tie when he turned around.

Added;

This is where auditing ultimately ends.

[video=youtube;cSdiKShx1MM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSdiKShx1MM[/video]

View attachment 12869

You know there has never actually been a clear, don't you?

You know the first 'clear' couldn't remember the color of a guy's tie when he turned around.

Added;

This is where auditing ultimately ends.

[video=youtube;cSdiKShx1MM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSdiKShx1MM[/video]
I met George at flag - he's a nice enough guy - but totally bought into Hubbard's spiel. Which you see cropping out of this video - the cult mentality. The dogma that Hubbard espouses. His "answers" to everything - the refusal to engage the videographer in any sort of meaningful dialogue on and on. sad really.

Mimsey