What's new

Leaving - need advice

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alanzo, did you also notice those damned long comm lags on their responses to what you were telling them?

Actually, no.

At that time I was too frustrated. I thought that surely someone would be able to duplicate what I am saying because everything I am saying is right out of policy. In fact, I would open the policy to show someone and it would get brushed aside, more often than not.

I was an idealist. I believed that Scientology was real. And I had devoted my life to it.

So you can imagine my shock when it all collapsed like a house of cards right in front of me.

Took a few months for me to acknowledge what I was seeing with my own two eyes.

By then, I was gone.

And criticizing them on the Internet.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Of Course!

Why do you think I'm here?

I just thought, like everyone else, that you were sent by Satan to torment us. :confused2:

Well, I consider you an idealist (and Romantic) but I wanted to check you did too. It's awfully bad form to make assumptions about people, old chap (my first paragraph notwithstanding).

On occasion you have vented your spleen against Hubbard (understandably) and I detected a note of world-weary cynicism coming into view. I'm glad to note you have dispensed with it. :)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The Armadillo surveys this thread disdainfully from inside his stylish green bucket, sighs, and regrets again that his efforts at posting have been like casting pearls before swine.

No matter. Let the unwashed chortle.

He waddles to the refrigerator for another Lone Star, and settles in to watch some TV.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
The Armadillo surveys this thread disdainfully from inside his stylish green bucket, sighs, and regrets again that his efforts at posting have been like casting pearls before swine.

No matter. Let the unwashed chortle.

He waddles to the refrigerator for another Lone Star, and settles in to watch some TV.

It's lonely at the top.
As the Staten known as Armadillo Alanzo surveys (from his stylish green bucket) all below him on the Bridge to Total Status he yearns for a terminal of comparable magnitude. Alas, none can match his wit, his wisdom or his posting prowess. He's feeding caviar to pigs! :melodramatic:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome ImOut! I look forward to reading your story.

Events are moving forward as I have spoken with the ED of the org. I expect to have a nice chat with OSA soon. I'll keep you all posted...

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome ImOut! I look forward to reading your story.

Events are moving forward as I have spoken with the ED of the org. I expect to have a nice chat with OSA soon. I'll keep you all posted...

P&B,

You can read my story under "How I got Out" under Leaving the Church. I think you're brave to have a "chat" with OSA. After being kicked out of Flag, I really didn't care much for OSA. If I ever wanted to go to the FLB, I'd have to get permission and then security would follow me around. It was a very uncomfortable feeling.

Why'd I get kicked out of Flag - because they didn't know what they were talking about and it was after Lisa died. A lot of us weren't allowed at Flag anymore. As one friend said - "when Flag is done being PTS, I'll go back". I thought it was a great line. And it's pretty much how I felt.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As one friend said - "when Flag is done being PTS, I'll go back". I thought it was a great line. And it's pretty much how I felt.

Being PTS is being in the valence of an SP, supposedly. It can get pretty hard to tell the difference between an SP and someone in the valence of an SP.

I can still recall exactly where I was standing when I had the cog in 2004 that the CofS was acting as an SP, had been for years and years, and I hadn't realized it earlier.

Paul

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Being PTS is being in the valence of an SP, supposedly. It can get pretty hard to tell the difference between an SP and someone in the valence of an SP.

I can still recall exactly where I was standing when I had the cog in 2004 that the CofS was acting as an SP, had been for years and years, and I hadn't realized it earlier.

Paul

2004 must have been the year of cognitions on the church. That's when I slowly started cogniting how messed up they are. It just took me a bit of time to have it all come together and get me to leave.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I don't really know what to think any more. All these people who've spent 10, 20 even 30 years in the Co$, and to think I woke up and got out in two years.

Perhaps I had the benefit of having broken another religious shackle before encountering Scn.

For those who've lost their youth to this unseemly practical joke, I can only express sorrow.

I guess it's just like jail in a sense--if you've spent all your life inside, and manage to get out at 40+, how do you recover the lost living skills? How do you start a new life when all the foundation has just been ripped from under you?

How do you go about getting a job when your résumé consists solely of the "Sea Org"?

"Um, yeah, I know how to stand still while you yell inane profanities at me. Is that a skill I can use in a new job?"

or

"I've spent years eating beans and rice. Maybe I could open a restaurant?"

petraph33

Patron with Honors
I don't really know what to think any more. All these people who've spent 10, 20 even 30 years in the Co$, and to think I woke up and got out in two years.

Perhaps I had the benefit of having broken another religious shackle before encountering Scn.

For those who've lost their youth to this unseemly practical joke, I can only express sorrow.

I guess it's just like jail in a sense--if you've spent all your life inside, and manage to get out at 40+, how do you recover the lost living skills? How do you start a new life when all the foundation has just been ripped from under you?

How do you go about getting a job when your résumé consists solely of the "Sea Org"?

"Um, yeah, I know how to stand still while you yell inane profanities at me. Is that a skill I can use in a new job?"

or

"I've spent years eating beans and rice. Maybe I could open a restaurant?"

Good question, you could try something like this, or simply say who you worked for and what posts you held and experience you have: :whistling:

Additional work experience:
Beginning 1997 – beginning of 2003 I worked in the UK and Copenhagen (Denmark) on renovating/restoring houses.

Beginning 1986 – end 1996, After I graduated school in Germany in 1986 I lived in Copenhagen, sharing accommodation with friends, and from there I went to stay in different countries, several months at a time, to do different types of office work, work experience and temp jobs in countries like the USA, UK, South Africa, South America and several European countries. That way, I got a very good working knowledge and experience with office/secretarial work over this 10 year period. This work included: basic administration, reception and switchboard handling, doing filing, laminations, photocopies, lots of typing, arranging couriers, logging of deliveries and stocktaking, handling the mail, etc.; collection of information and reports from different departments to do end of the week reports, etc.

During that time, for example, I worked in a company which dealt with providing a service to offices to store information in the computer (about clients etc.) rather than on paper. While doing the same type of reception and office work there several times as a temp job, I was also asked to train new staff after a while, which included to grove them in on the actual use of the computer data storage system and to train them on taking calls and doing basic administration work. I had to supervise about 4-6 staff at a time. I also arranged conferences for executives, took minutes of meetings, typed up weekly reports and chased up reports of meetings for executives.
I know how to use Microsoft Windows, different computer data storage systems and several e-mail systems. I also did some practical and theory management, marketing and customer services courses (including trips to Los Angeles for those courses).
---
so, What you think?? :eyeroll: It worked for me.... I did get your point though, and I found it rather hard the first couple of years to adjust and kinda use the "converted" form of work that I had done and find the good in what I got out of it, and take it from there....

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Yes, but even so, the adjustment back to the real world must be really tough.

Because I was still young, I was full-time employed within six weeks of leaving. I applied, sat some public service tests, came in the top 5% and got started. (Actually I don't know about the 5% bit, but only four years ago when I tried to do the University thing, I scored 95.5, and I was really annoyed about the comparatively low score in the mathematics, because I had triple checked my answers.) Of course, that means you get a wonderful ego-stroking when you're told you're in the top 1% of the top 1%.

It was a difficult adjustment.

I had to start at 8 am, and was so embarrassed about being 3 minutes late, I actually wrote 8:03 in the sign-on log, and then everyone knocked off at 4:20 and I'm like, "But there's still light outside...? You mean I can go home? And I get REAL PAY for this?"

What am I going to do? I have no friends with whom to party. I only watch 1/2 hour of TV each night. My family is still out of reach (we were never close anyway).

It never occurred to me that 2am was not a good time to ring someone.

Even shopping was a nightmare--I was so used to 24-hour stints, it never occurred to me that the staff might want to close the doors SO EARLY.

This is when the Chronic Fatigue started to take hold. When in the org, the week's shopping was a couple of loaves of bread and some cheese slices and maybe a bottle of milk. Now that I had real income, weekly shopping was getting too bloody heavy to carry home, but other people could do it, so it must all be in my head, and I would persevere.

It was about five years later that I finally realized I was truly lagging behind other people physically and that something was wrong. I've since learned the folly of "Make it go right!" when applied to my health condition.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It was about five years later that I finally realized I was truly lagging behind other people physically and that something was wrong. I've since learned the folly of "Make it go right!" when applied to my health condition.

I SO understand both your stories!
I converted all my experiences into 'secretarial and administration' and got some good jobs. Luckily they didn't ask for references then. :coolwink:

As for health - well I had been hyperactive for decades and I think it a great cosmic joke that I literally had my legs knocked out from under me (hip replacements) and told to "SIT DOWN, be still...relax a while...be". Although it was dreadful at the time, in a way I am grateful now as I've had time to smell the roses and wake up. Like my siggy smilies. :)