What's new

Lions For Lambs - Opens weak!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I just did a search for reviews of the movie. It's a rotten tomato by the sounds of it.

Cruise has no career.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I just did a search for reviews of the movie. It's a rotten tomato by the sounds of it.

It may well be, but I've been stung too many times by film reviews to pay attention to them anymore. :melodramatic:

Oh, the crap I've sat thru!
Years of life wasted when I could have been getting drunk in topless bars!!!:melodramatic: :melodramatic:

duddins

Patron Meritorious
It may well be, but I've been stung too many times by film reviews to pay attention to them anymore. :melodramatic:

Oh, the crap I've sat thru!
Years of life wasted when I could have been getting drunk in topless bars!!!:melodramatic: :melodramatic:

I know this may seem silly, but I just wont spend a penny to go see any Cruise movie, or Travolta movie or Beck CD, or any other Scientology Celeb endeavor known to me for that matter.

Of my ten bucks, if even a penny of it makes it back to Tom and his endearing religion, then I'm agonna freek out! :omg:

They already squeezed enough out of me.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I know this may seem silly, but I just wont spend a penny to go see any Cruise movie, or Travolta movie or Beck CD, or any other Scientology Celeb endeavor known to me for that matter.

Of my ten bucks, if even a penny of it makes it back to Tom and his endearing religion, then I'm agonna freek out! :omg:

They already squeezed enough out of me.

I can understand that.

Personally, it feels a little "bite off yer nose to spite yer face", you know?
I'm not going to miss out on something I might like because of who is in it.

I had the opposite problem when I was "in". I was a huge Frank Zappa fan and he had done two or three songs that rip into Hubbard. I felt a little uncomfortable, but decided I wasn't going to let it spoil my enjoyment of his music and so listened to everything but those songs (thankfully, that left about 60 albums :happydance: ).

At the end of the day, you either enjoy a movie/CD or you don't, regardless of who made it. When I was in Scn I thought Hubbard's music was total crap.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you don't want to do anything that gives financial support to an "enemy" then fine, but don't let it undermine your power of choice. :)

Cheers

tanstaafl

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Fair Enough.....(but remember....there is always cable...):whistling:

Anyone who is/was a fan of Zappa has a special place in my heart.

Ya know my music professor in college was his music professor as well. She had some stories!

He was nuts.....but there is nothing in this world like "Just another Band from LA."

Hubbard vs Zappa.......let me see? huh....Im gonna have to go with 'Billy the Mountain.':D

I can understand that.

Personally, it feels a little "bite off yer nose to spite yer face", you know?
I'm not going to miss out on something I might like because of who is in it.

I had the opposite problem when I was "in". I was a huge Frank Zappa fan and he had done two or three songs that rip into Hubbard. I felt a little uncomfortable, but decided I wasn't going to let it spoil my enjoyment of his music and so listened to everything but those songs (thankfully, that left about 60 albums :happydance: ).

At the end of the day, you either enjoy a movie/CD or you don't, regardless of who made it. When I was in Scn I thought Hubbard's music was total crap.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you don't want to do anything that gives financial support to an "enemy" then fine, but don't let it undermine your power of choice. :)

Cheers

tanstaafl

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Fair Enough.....(but remember....there is always cable...):whistling:

I hope I didn't come across as critical of your viewpoint - I didn't intend to.

Anyone who is/was a fan of Zappa has a special place in my heart.

Ya know my music professor in college was his music professor as well. She had some stories!

Cool!
Another Zappa fan - I feel like we've bonded. :biglove: :D

Hubbard vs Zappa.......let me see? huh....Im gonna have to go with 'Billy the Mountain.':D

Hmmm, Greggery Peccary or L. Ron Hoover?
I'll go with the gregarious nocturnal wild swine on his way up. :)

Highly efficient Miss Snograss! :D

Div6

Crusader
Thats right you heard right, the secret word tonight is "Mudshark". And of course, along with the Mudshark secret word is the Mudshark Arpeggio.

A marvelous little arpeggio, and now the mating call of the adult male mudshark.....
MUD - Sh-SH-Shaaaaark....

After 35 years, I STILL remember that album.

:omg: :omg: :omg:

One memorable weekend in my pleasure seeking mis-spent youth saw me attending a Zappa concert on Friday evening (it was the Overnight Sensation tour, before the album came out), Rick Wakeman on Saturday night (King Arthur tour) and Vladimir Horowitz on Sunday afternoon......

Wow, I was one lucky dude....

Tanstaafl

Crusader
One memorable weekend in my pleasure seeking mis-spent youth saw me attending a Zappa concert on Friday evening (it was the Overnight Sensation tour, before the album came out), Rick Wakeman on Saturday night (King Arthur tour) and Vladimir Horowitz on Sunday afternoon......

That's one helluva weekend right there! :ohmy:
Nice one! :happydance:

duddins

Patron Meritorious
The clincher was during the intermission of the Horowitz concert, I bumped into Rick Wakeman! Life was good.

Right on! Div 6!!!!!!

Oh Tans....

tanstaafl said:
I hope I didn't come across as critical of your viewpoint - I didn't intend to.

All is good because I understood exactly what you meant.....you have a healthy viewpoint on it...at least I think so.

Terril park

Sponsor

Cruise has no career.

Its far more complex.

Most of the critisism is for Robert Redford the director.

It was as I recall a Cruise and Wagner production.

He got two of the greatest stars and actors on board.

Its often the case that great talent makes Rubbish Films.
And survive.

Ishtar for example.