What's new

Lisa Marie Presley's Elvis inheritance down to $14,000

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Lisa Marie Presley sues ex-manager after Elvis cash falls to $14,000

Elvis’s daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, inherited his $100m (£71.5m) estate in 1993 at the age of 25. Another 25 years later, she says in a lawsuit obtained by US media that she is down to her last $14,000.

Presley blames her former manager Barry Siegel for her precarious finances, and filed a suit last week against him accusing him of “reckless and negligent mismanagement” of her inherited estate.

In the suit, first reported by the US website the Blast, she claims that her cash reserves were whittled down because of Siegel’s poor investment decisions. He has countered that Presley is to blame, alleging in a lawsuit of his own that she squandered much of her fortune. He is demanding $800,000 in damages for non-payment.
Various Scn reges are very unhappy right now...

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
I think most of us could easily live off the interest alone (maybe use a little pricipal for a homes, education etc)! But when you break it down she basically went through 4 million a year and that doesnt seem as crazy between a lavish lifestyle and large donations to CO$ for herself and family. Its sad she is broke now but I dont think its fair to blame her accountant unless there is more to the story than we know.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I think most of us could easily live off the interest alone (maybe use a little pricipal for a homes, education etc)! But when you break it down she basically went through 4 million a year and that doesnt seem as crazy between a lavish lifestyle and large donations to CO$ for herself and family. Its sad she is broke now but I dont think its fair to blame her accountant unless there is more to the story than we know.
Yes!

And, what about those amazing OT accountants/investment advisors WISEMAN & BURKE who "handled" her finances for all those decades while the cult was "handling" her case.

I guess one could safely say that Lisa Marie Presley was "fully handled".

I personally know stories that I am unable to publish the specifics on (to protect cult victims from being further devastated) who LOST IT ALL by trusting the cult to "handle" them. Lost their cars. Lost their mansions (plural). Lost their companies. Lost their savings and all assets. Lost everything they ever worked or hoped for.

By donating many millions of dollars too many, for brief moments of cult status.

But now they are hopelessly broke, begging and borrowing. The same ones that received international acclaim as mega-donors, intergalactic humanitarians, miraculous Operating Thetans that showcased to the world how prosperous a being could be if they only got themselves "handled". The worldwide audiences at those events leaped to their feet, wildly applauding and cheering for their very own IDEAL heroes, who gave mega millions to save the planet!

They all saved the planet, but they now cannot save themselves. Their lives are literally RUINED with bankruptcy, lawsuits, collections-------and no income to even pay for a car or to rent a tiny studio apartment.

These are the true stories of how Scientology "handles" their super-upstats.

I have loaned or given to many of them money when their own "church" coldly turned their backs on them, when they were broke. Just as a note, not even one penny of any loan was ever once repaid.

Astonishingly, some of those I describe ARE STILL TRUE BELIEVING SCIENTOLOGISTS! They post on their FB about OT and give LRH quotes about miraculous OT powers. Yet they cannot even pay any of their own expenses or support their own children.

I would love to give more details, but I would not want to make their pathetic lot in life even worse by publishing what I know. Maybe one day that can be done, not yet.

As before and still, everything and everyone is destroyed in Scientology's toxic wake. No exceptions, even the heroes and leaders of the cult itself.

Suicide by "theta".

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Looks like she will have to get trained and find a real job. Either that or learn how to manage her estate and finances more effectively.

She is at a disadvantage to a number of business people who crash and burn, only to rise up again successfully. Those people already have the personal tools and contacts to make things work. Her wealth is mostly from inheritances and not so much from the personal and business skills that others learned along the way. I suspect her mother is more savvy in these things, but she doesn't seem to hold much sway with her, historically.

this excerpt has me interested:

Presley, who has recorded three albums of her own, is already in a battle over assets in the wake of her divorce from Michael Lockwood, her fourth marriage after short-lived partnerships with Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage. According to reports of her divorce proceedings last week, she claims she is $16m in debt. Lockwood disputes the figure, arguing “she has not disclosed her assets or their values”.

Sounds like the usual tactics of understating or omissions of stating one's true wealth in order to gain more agreeable settlements. This story sounds like a beat up to win public sympathy. Watch this space, there is more to come.....

Cynical ole me.......

Not a lot is said about her non-liquid assets or net worth, so I wouldn't know what she is still worth at the moment in total. So she may well not be as broke as is being claimed here, for all I know.

It doesn't look too good for her just now. I wonder how much of her past involvement with scientology has contributed to her issues? Silly question I guess.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Yes!

And, what about those amazing OT accountants/investment advisors WISEMAN & BURKE who "handled" her finances for all those decades while the cult was "handling" her case.

I personally know stories that I am unable to publish the specifics on (to protect cult victims from being further devastated) who LOST IT ALL by trusting the cult to "handle" them. Lost their cars. Lost their mansions (plural). Lost their companies. Lost their savings and all assets. Lost everything they ever worked or hope for.

By donating many millions of dollars too many, for brief moments of cult status.

But now they are hopelessly broke, begging and borrowing. The same ones that received international acclaim as mega-donors, intergalactic humanitarians, miraculous Operating Thetans that showcased to the world how prosperous a being could be if they only got themselves "handled". The worldwide audiences at those events leaped to their feet, wildly applauding and cheering for their very own IDEAL heroes, who gave mega millions to save the planet!

They all saved the planet, but they now cannot save themselves. Their lives are literally RUINED with bankruptcy, lawsuits, collections-------and no income to even pay for a car or to rent a tiny studio apartment.

I have loaned or given too many of them money when their own "church" coldly turned their backs on them, when they were broke.

Astonishingly, some of those I describe ARE STILL TRUE BELIEVING SCIENTOLOGISTS! They post on their FB about OT and give LRH quotes about miraculous OT powers. Yet they cannot even pay any of their own expenses or support their own children.

I would love to give more details, but I would not want to make their pathetic lot in life even worse by publishing what I know. Maybe one day that can be done, not yet.

As before and still, everything and everyone is destroyed in Scientology's toxic wake. No exceptions, even the heroes and leaders of the cult itself.

Suicide by "theta".

I felt bad somehow about "liking" your post. I liked it because it exposed some of the truth about how CoS treats its members, but its really sad how some of these people who were doing well financially had their lives (and finances) devastated by Co$

I hope Lisa can bounce back from this situation she's in. If she is willing to write a book or two about some of what she's experienced in her life I'm confident there's some publishing houses out there that would be glad to deliver a truck load of money her way.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

It doesn't look too good for her just now. I wonder how much of her past involvement with scientology has contributed to her issues? Silly question I guess.
Her DECADES in Scientology made her an OT.

Total cause over Life.

Then, Life ignored Scientology's axioms, command channel and orders---and promptly & humiliatingly kicked her ass.

Have I mentioned recently that the story of Scientology is a joyfully miraculous one---unless you roll the film fast-forward to the third act.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From some things she's said in the past I got the strong impression that her past involvement with the Co$ and Scientologists did play a major role how messed up her current situation is. She was a second-generation scientologist and that in itself gives one some pretty serious issues.

HelluvaHoax!

From some things she's said in the past I got the strong impression that her past involvement with the Co$ and Scientologists did play a major role how messed up her current situation is. She was a second-generation scientologist and that in itself gives one some pretty serious issues.

It's an explosive mixture when a financially illiterate, trust fund baby who never worked inherits a half billion dollars---while their "dynamics" are being micro-managed by a sociopathicaly cruel, avaricious cult.

All it would have taken to UNDO these nightmarish financial losses is one person in Lisa Marie's life who gave her simple, common sense advice. Just one sane person.

Just one piece of advice: "Hey Lisa, you can do Scientology if you think it helps you. Let's add up how much it costs (cue sound of calculator being tapped for about 10 minutes). Okay honey, it costs $500,000. So, here's what you should do. If you really want to do this, go ahead and give them $500,000 today. Then do their entire "bridge" up to OT VIII. If you have the miraculous powers they are guaranteeing, you will be able to postulate and mock up huge amounts of money --or at least replace the half million dollars you gave them, right? And, if you're wrong and they lied to you, you will still have $499,500,000 left in your bank account for you and your kids to live on. Does that sound like a good plan dear? On the other hand, if you decide to NOT do this simple win-win plan, you might end up bankrupt and unable to pay for even your own living expenses. That's pretty awful, right? Do you think it would be a good idea to avoid that possibility---being dead broke and desperate? Okay, honey, you think about it and decide which way you want to do it. By the way, if you lose it all and end up impoverished or even homeless, you will still have the really happy theta feeling that you got what you postulated, right? "

Then, if she decided to blow it all, she would not feel all downtone and banky about it, right?

ps: the hard part the above common sense advice is this....if any Scientologist discovered that someone was giving Lisa Marie financial tech that worked, they would have declared that person an SP and force LMP to instantly disconnect from her, after which they would recruit LMP to deliver an "effective blow to her enemy". So, um, "everyone wins", according to Scientology. LOL

phenomanon

Canyon
Lisa Marie had "drug issues".

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
Who is getting Elvis's royalties?

I would imagine that runs as millions annually in cashflow alone.
I think that was setup in a trust that she does receive an annual income from. Same with the proceeds from the sale of Graceland and a stipend from its annual tour income or something along those lines. So it isnt like she only has $14,000 and no other income, she has assets and income, just not the $100m to fall back on or receive interest income from.

I just don't understand. If I used ALL CAPS for this ENTIRE POST, it would still not be "loud" enough. Am I the only person who sees what's going on here?

"Give us your money now and you'll receive more money later." Doesn't this sound like the phony old "Black Reparations Tax Credit"? (US forum members have no doubt heard of this.) If your ancestors came from Africa, pay me $400 and let me help you claim this US tax break. The IRS will give you $800 when they process your tax return. Giving up money now for more money later - isn't this the basis for every criminal con-game ever invented?

Rich people in CO$ got there because of (a) inheritances [Presley family], or (b) the talent they had before or outside of SCN [Cartwright, Alley, Cardone, Duggan, Feshbach]. (The Feshbach short sellers' Wall-street fortune crashed sometime after the SPY magazine piece was written.)

There are lots of self-help books in bookstores, because we want to believe in our ability to improve ourselves. But there is only a small chance that self-help techniques will help us. And with the exorbitant prices that CO$ charges (and "retrain" cycles and building campaigns), any higher income you get from your new "Homo Novis" abilities will quickly be sucked out of your wallet (probably several times over) and sent uplines to DM.

Can't the Presleys see this by now? This really belongs in a "general" thread instead of one pertaining to this specific Scientologist, but this thread is about the Presley family and they have more $$$ to lose, so I am putting it here.

HelluvaHoax!

Who is getting Elvis's royalties?

I would imagine that runs as millions annually in cashflow alone.
Could be.

Hard to know what portions (if not all) of that revenue stream has been pledged as collateral to other transactions, loans or deals.

It all looks glorious when the tabloids give the "NET WORTH" of celebrity superstars.

But the examples abound of megastars having a half-billion dollars or more and ending up bankrupt. Mike Tyson? Michael Jackson? Michael Vick? Nicholas Cage? (whew! After listing those first 3 I was scared to death that I would be labeled an African-Ameri-Mike-Can" racist, lol.) Cage was just as proficient as his ex (Lisa) and the others at ecstatically blowing thru hundreds of millions before hitting the reality known as bankruptcy.

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
Yes!

I personally know stories that I am unable to publish the specifics on (to protect cult victims from being further devastated) who LOST IT ALL by trusting the cult to "handle" them. Lost their cars. Lost their mansions (plural). Lost their companies. Lost their savings and all assets. Lost everything they ever worked or hoped for.

I have loaned or given too many of them money when their own "church" coldly turned their backs on them, when they were broke.

Suicide by "theta".

Its breaking when anyone looses their money to this madness but its mind-blowing that they stay in after giving so much to make it up the bridge, still have NOTHING to show for it and to discover the joke of OT VIII. It astounds me that they had so much and didnt hold back enough to secure their financial future for themselves and their children.

I do feel worse for those that had little to begin with and put themselves in debt. They never had a chance...

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
That old saying "a fool and his money are easily parted" applies to those with little and those with lots (even more so if the money is inherited) but there is also no doubt that the cult loves fools and turns almost everyone it touches into one at some point in the relationship.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I have always been good with my finances and even so when I was in the cult. They didn't get all of it and I'm glad I learned some lessons after getting screwed by them. I'm even more glad I wasn't in the cult when I got a surprising sum of inheritance money 20 years later after my escape. Enough to go all the way to OT8. Wow! The thought they could have possibly as-ised my financial windfall if I had still been in!

P.S. I probably wouldn't have made it to OT8 anyways. I couldn't even make it onto the Grades with all the B.S. rundowns I was being sidelined with. But they probably would have done their damndest to get me to buy the IAS Deluxe contribution or some other crap. But knowing me I wouldn't have gone that route and would have certainly blown.

Last edited:
Of course, I should probably add -- it is very possible that Lisa Marie is presenting a one-sided view of things -- "cooking" the accounting books to make her "look poor".

Didn't O.J. Simpson try this when the court ordered him to pay millions of dollars to Fred Goldman (or his son's estate) for the murder of his son, Ron, the restaurant waiter?

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Of course, I should probably add -- it is very possible that Lisa Marie is presenting a one-sided view of things -- "cooking" the accounting books to make her "look poor".

Didn't O.J. Simpson try this when the court ordered him to pay millions of dollars to Fred Goldman (or his son's estate) for the murder of his son, Ron, the restaurant waiter?
It is a normal practice as far as divorce proceedings go I would think, so as to preserve finances as much as possible. That and/or to get the other side to think there really isn't that much to fight for here...

I would be fairly certain Judges would be aware of this and would require the appropriate evidence to back up their claims.

HelluvaHoax!

Its breaking when anyone looses their money to this madness but its mind-blowing that they stay in after giving so much to make it up the bridge, still have NOTHING to show for it and to discover the joke of OT VIII. It astounds me that they had so much and didnt hold back enough to secure their financial future for themselves and their children.

I do feel worse for those that had little to begin with and put themselves in debt. They never had a chance...
As best I can tell, they did not predict nor provide for the future because of their unshakeable faith that they would acquire miraculous capabilities, beginning with the easiest ones to attain called "knowingness" and "postulates". If you have either one of those super-powers, you can so very easily make brilliant investments and postulate making tens of millions of dollars any time you feel like it.

I must repeat something; even AFTER being bankrupted and losing a massive fortune, one of those celebrated OTs still posts LRH quotes about "total cause" and other delusional miracle-making-abilities that Scientologists "routinely" acquire.

Apparently, NOTHING can kill an OT's floating needle! Not even bankruptcy, utter financial ruin or death. Hey, let's not forget that Scientologists gave Hubbard an extended standing ovation with jubilant cheers---when he went completely insane and unexpectedly dropped dead.

STABLE DATUM DU JOUR: Scientologists are always winning! Unless they are NCG (no-case-gain), in which case Scientologists are STILL always winning---because NCGs get declared SP---and therefore they're no longer Scientologists.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I hate to say it... being "poor" all my life. BUT.... living a "real poor" life might help her walk away from "THEM".

If she is "poor" - a different poor from my "poor" - she might be free of them.

If she can keep straight - she might be free of them.

If she can walk away from THEM - she might be free of them.

If she can focus on her children - she might be free of them.

If she can wake up and realize that today she is free - she might be free of them.

If she can just keep from turning back based on faithless promises & a fear of not being with them - then she will be free of them.

BUT if she is truly "poor" then they will be free of her.