Looking for Hubbard Management Books you might not want anymore

Discussion in 'Staff "War Stories"' started by DocinFlorida, Jan 24, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. DocinFlorida

DocinFlorida New Member

I'm required to purchase the OEC0 and Admin Dictionary for a nutrition course where they use Hubbard material. I just need to not spend on something I don't really want. In looking for used on Amazon, there was a comment to post here and ask if anyone had one they would like to unload.
    Hope its OK for me to ask.
    Thanks!:yes:

2. Leland

Leland Crusader

Are you aware that the "OEC" volumes...or the "ORG BOARD" that they teach...and are based upon what....Hubbard claims is from an Alien Civilization...from long ago...like 100 billion years ago.... in another galaxy....that was a Union of 76 planets. Or all Scientology Space "opera" stuff....

What would that have to do with Nutrition.....??

Sounds more like you are taking a Course in how to Manage your business? And / Or manage it...and make more money?

The Cult of Scientology....used some "Management Technology" "front groups" to lure people into starting Scientology....and those with money....are then lured into spending big money on Cult Services.

Plus...no doubt you are being "love bombed.." by them....

3. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

Thing is,L Ron Hubbard wasn't a doctor, nurse, had never studied nutrition. Nearly everything he said on the subject was plagiarized or was stuff he thought of based on stuff he plagiarized. I mean, hell , I could do that and so could you.

But if you go ahead with this, EBay, abebooks.com may be a better source. The "Church" of Scientology charges big money if you buy from them.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

What accredited nutrition course uses Hubbard material?

5. DeeAnna

DeeAnna Patron Meritorious

But surely whoever is "handling" this person will not approve of any used books s/he would purchase. Because they want to sell new books to the person. Therefore, undoubtedly there will be something lacking in any used book purchase.

Doc (really? What kind?), $cientology is a scam and so are any and all of its writings. Have you read much about it? If not, now is the time to do so. You sound like a practical sort. Look into things, please.

6. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

They don't like used books but it's not specifically prohibited, particularly if one presents them as a fait accompli, giving no prior notice.

7. Leland

Leland Crusader

By the way...welcome to ESMB...

Nice place here.

8. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Could be a course for quacks from this con artist Scientologist:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Lookin' fer squirrel'd copy's,
    Of a scam. Um.

:eyeroll:

Um, you just may have come to the wrong place, anyone here with a wit of sense is going to tell you to run the fuck away, save yourself, don't do it Hubbard-style, (didn't/doesn't work), get a new life 101.

:cake:

:biggrin:

10. Gib

Gib Crusader

Sterling Management and Wise member I gather.

http://www.unsinc.info/index.html

Reading his site a bit, it's the same ole hubbard quackery bullshit. (just sub "healer" with "auditor", LOL)

11. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I'm betting, Gib, that it's all about Applied Kinesiology.

Oh...no books or dictionaries here...ebay is your friend on this one.

12. Gib

Gib Crusader

could be:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/ak.html

But here's what cracks me up, this guy is a scientologist, and going up the bridge is supposed to handle all this, namely going "clear", so why all this shit?

I mean it's like people who have gone "clear" are supposed to straighten out body wise and mentally, per Hubbard. And yet now none of these scientology doc's don't even realize the outpoint, it's quite amazing to me.

I reckon they just do not know that the very first doc, Dr Winter, was involved with Dianetics in 1950, and wrote a beautiful story on how Dianetics was the answer and included in the first dianetics book (but is now not there, LOL), and then later wrote a book saying, opps, I made a mistake, Dianetics sucks.

missing data has a very powerful effect. Hubbard even said the hardest outpoint to spot is the missing. He got that right alright and used it to his advantage.

13. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

WISE yes, #9:

WISE GAME STANDINGS
    TOP CONSULTING COMPANY
    1 Performia International 29 points
    2 Sterling Management 27
    3 Veterinary Practice Solutions 26
    4 Comm Line 25
    5 Silhouette Holland 24
    5 Effective Management 21
    5 Master Tech Computer Products 21
    6 Int Executive Technology 21
    7 Business Forward 19
    7 Pacific Management 18
    8 MGE Management Experts 16
    8 Chiropractic Business Academy 15
    8 Jacobs & Van Rooij Management 14
    9 Ulan Nutritional Systems 13
    9 David Singer Enterprises 12
    10 Accelerated Training Solutions 12
    11 Silkin Management 10
    12 Art of Management 7
    13 Management Success 7
    13 Measurable Solutions 7
    13 Survival Strategies 6
    14 U-Man Management Belgium 3

http://tonyortega.org/2015/12/14/wh...-us-get-some-names-of-scientology-operatives/

http://scientologist.myhomepage.org/~freddieulan/myself.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Exactly. Routing people into chiro products and practices is diverting funds from Ron and his church.

Goddamned bunch of namby pamby dilletente SP, DB, dev-t, OI, CI, open mindedness, Q & A, other practices, wrong item, MEST meatbody worship figure, figure reasonableness squirreling if you ask me.

Wanna go bowling?

15. Gib

Gib Crusader

very true, and that's what we think. But, on the other hand, letting these docs do what this guy does,actually promotes scientology as evidence of the OP person is seeking materials, on the cheap.

It's very clever and diabolical and missing the full picture of the actual history of scientology.

And yes, I'd love to go bowling, nobody in my neck of woods wants to, in fact I'd love to join a bowling league, it's such great fun. :thumbsup:

16. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

If you don't really want to purchase the books, perhaps that should be an internal warning sign that the nutrition course is something that you don't really want either. Just how much benefit are you going to get out any kind of nutritional, healthy living/eating course using material from [STRIKE]Jabba the Hut[/STRIKE]Hubbard?

This is a man that thought smoking too little caused cancer, that barley water, cow's milk and corn syrup was better for babies than breast milk.
    Any good advice the man wrote was purely coincidental.

Life is too short wasting precious time studying complete nonsense, when modern, well researched courses are available that will actually help your future clients (and lessen your chances of being sued).

17. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Doc

It is totally okay for you ask.
    I would however recommend you stay far away from this course provider as possible.
    Why? Because nearly everything or everyone eventually gets 'burned ' or harmed because of dealings with scientology.
    A tiny bit of support for my statement

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...n-miami-dentist-runs-up-patient-bills/1135436

excerpt

Piedra, dressed in a business suit instead of a dental coat, showed them computerized models of how he would fix their teeth. He offered them a discount because they came in together, and helped them with a loan application.

"He made you feel like he was part of your family," recalled Mrs. Hernandez, 52, a schoolteacher. "It was like, 'Oh my God, you're going to be okay. Don't worry about it. We are going to take care of you with love.' "

The couple walked out with a "treatment plan" covering several months.

Cost: $17,189 charged to the Capital One account the doctor set up for them. They had no idea, going in, that they would spend that kind of money.

Piedra closed hundreds of patients this way, signing them up for extensive treatment packages that generated millions. When patients wanted out and asked for a refund, many got the runaround.

But Piedra always seemed to have money for his favorite cause: the Church of Scientology.

From 2005 to 2008, court records show, Piedra's practice transferred $715,364 to several Scientology entities, including the church's spiritual headquarters in Clearwater.

A partial tally:

• Nearly $150,000 to the Scientology church in Kansas City.

• $121,500 to the International Association of Scientologists, which funds the church's social campaigns and legal actions.

• $55,000 to the Scientology entity raising money to complete the mammoth "Super Power" building in downtown Clearwater.

• $83,000 to the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, a nonprofit corporation that helps businesses put Scientology principles to work.

Piedra's contributions helped land him in bankruptcy, owing $3.9 million to a long list of creditors. A lawsuit in Miami alleges that Scientology groups played a key role in his downfall.

Bankruptcy trustee Barry Mukamal contends Piedra schemed "to defraud patients in order to transfer large sums of money" to the Church of Scientology and related groups.

Involved, Mukamal alleges, were nine Scientology-related entities, three church members and a Pinellas County management training firm run by Scientologists. He sued them all, seeking to recover the thousands they got from Piedra.

Scientology denies any involvement......" end excerpt

or this http://www.xenu.net/archive/disk/archive/quotes.htm

Operation Clambake present:
    What Judges Have To Say About
    SCIENTOLOGY

Justice Anderson, Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia:

"Scientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill... (Scientology is) the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy."
    Kenneth Robinson, British Minister of Health:

"The government is satisfied that Scientology is socially harmful. It alienates members of families from each other and attributes squalid and disgraceful motives to all who oppose it; its authoritarian principles and practice are a potential menace to the personality and well being of those so deluded as to become followers; above all, its methods can be a serious danger to the health of those who submit to them... There is no power under existing law to prohibit the practice of Scientology; but the government has concluded that it is so objectionable that it would be right to take all steps within its power to curb its growth."
    Federal prosecutor's memorandum to the judge urging stiff jail sentences for 9 top leaders of Scientology who had pleaded guilty to criminal charges:

"The crime committed by these defendants is of a breath and scope previously unheard of. No building, office, desk, or file was safe from their snooping and prying. No individual or organization was free from their despicable conspiratorial minds. The tools of their trade were miniature transmitters, lock picks, secret codes, forged credentials and any other device they found necessary to carry out their conspiratorial schemes."
    Justice Latey, ruling in the High Court of London:

"Scientology is both immoral and socially obnoxious...It is corrupt sinister and dangerous. It is corrupt because it is based on lies and deceit and has its real objective money and power for Mr. Hubbard... It is sinister because it indulges in infamous practices both to its adherents who do not toe the line unquestionably and to those who criticize it or oppose it. It is dangerous because it is out to capture people and to indoctrinate and brainwash them so they become the unquestioning captives and tools of the cult, withdrawn from ordinary thought, living, and relationships with others."
    Judge Breckenridge, Los Angeles Superior Court:

"[The court record is] replete with evidence [that Scientology] is nothing in reality but a vast enterprise to extract the maximum amount of money from its adepts by pseudo scientific theories... and to exercise a kind of blackmail against persons who do not wish to continue with their sect.... The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder, L.Ron Hubbard."
    Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Paul Breckenridge, June 1984, in the Gerry Armstrong case:

"In addition to violating and abusing its own members' civil rights, the organization over the years with its 'fair game' doctrine has harassed and abused those persons not in the church whom it perceives as enemies."
    California appellate court, 2nd. district, 3rd. division, July 29, 1991, B025920 & B038975, Super. Ct. No. C 420153:

"In January 1980, fearing a raid by law enforcement agencies, Hubbard's representatives ordered the shredding of all documents showing that Hubbard controlled Scientology organizations, finances, personnel, or the property at Gilman Hot Springs. In a two week period, approximately one million pages were shredded pursuant to this order."
    California Supreme Court, United States v. Lee [455 U.S. 252,257,258 (1982)*/:

"When a person is subjected to coercive persuasion [as in Scientology] without his knowledge or consent ...[he may] develop serious and sometimes irreversible physical and psychiatric disorders, up to and including schizophrenia, self-mutilation, and suicide."
    USDJ Judge Leonie Brinkema 4 Oct 96 Memorandum Opinion, RTC vs Lerma:

"The dispute in this case surrounds Lerma's acquisition and publication on the Internet of texts that the Church of Scientology considers sacred and protects heavily from unauthorized disclosure. Founded by L. Ron Hubbard, the Scientology religion attempts to explain the origin of negative spiritual forces in the world and advances techniques for improving one's own spiritual well-being. Scientologists believe that most human problems can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters" to individuals in the contemporary world, causing spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives of their hosts ".
    Lord Denning:

"...capable of such danger that the public interest demands that people should know what is going on"
    Judge Constandia Angelaki:

"It is an organization with medical, social and ethical practices that are dangerous and harmful,"
    "It claims to act freely so as to draw members who subsequently undergo ... brainwashing by dictated ways of thinking that limit reaction capabilities."

end excerpt

so there ya go 'a warning' you don't need to pay or take a course to learn Hubbard or the followers of his 'business techniques unless you want to bend your ethics and get slowly or rapidly sucked into a whole world of deception and greed.

Keep asking questions....and more questions and more questions...and good luck with continuing your medical education and your business education but if you have already trusted you might want to verify a few facts first rather than all the hype being thrown your way. Don't fall for the CONMEN.

======================================

18. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

After that we could fry up somea these fish.

:thumbsup:

19. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

It's A OK with all of Us here that you asked. :coolwink:

However, it sure enough ain't gonna be OK with whomever you're taking the course from that you Accessed or Posted on ESMB. :no:

Welcome to ESMB.:yes:

Face:)

20. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Holy Effen Ess! :ohmy: Is this the same Fred Ulan I knew way back in "the old days" that was a CL IV Org PES? Can't be...He'd have to be like 75+ years old. :coolwink: Does kinda look like him though...with some mileage. :confused2: