What's new

Looking to interview Ex-Scientologists - Specifically Woman, Teens and Young Adults

rmp88

I'm developing a documentary tv show that follows a handful of individuals for the first year after leaving Scientology.
I know this is a sensitive topic, but for those who are comfortable, I'd love to hear your story! Feel free to email at [email protected]
Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Re: Looking to interview Ex-Scientologists - Specifically Woman, Teens and Young Adul

I'm developing a documentary project that follows a handful of individuals for the first year after leaving Scientology.
I know this is a sensitive topic, but for those who are comfortable, I'd love to hear your story! Feel free to PM me.
Thanks so much.

Are you a professional documentary maker?
Are you working on your own or are there others involved?
Do you work for a major or minor TV station or other media outlet?
Is this s high school project?

You may as well say "I'm Jack the Ripper, feel free to PM me".

I am sure people around here would love to hear YOUR story before they start spilling their guts to you........ whoever you are. :confused2:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Re: Looking to interview Ex-Scientologists - Specifically Woman, Teens and Young Adul

I'm developing a documentary project that follows a handful of individuals for the first year after leaving Scientology.
I know this is a sensitive topic, but for those who are comfortable, I'd love to hear your story! Feel free to PM me.
Thanks so much.
Nobody is going to be able to PM you until you have made a few more posts, so why don't you take up db's offer and tell us a little more about who you are and what you are planning to do?

JustSheila

Crusader

Thanks so much.

Good luck with that. :eyeroll:

As if anyone who just leaves Scientology would invite a stranger to follow them for the first year...

Srsly? :duh: Do you have any idea at all how much Newly-Outs already put up with from the Cult of Scientology trying to find them, follow them, harass them when they first get out and avoiding them?

Maybe you should do some research first and find out a bit more about it. Let us know how you go. :drama:

rmp88

I assure you we are a reputable American TV production company. We've produced over 130 hours of programming for networks like TLC, Lifetime and Discovery. I understand this isn't an easy task and most people might not want to tell their story. But, some people might be willing to share for the greater good and to have their story out in the world. I understand that this is a sensitive time for many people, and we will handle it with care. All information at this point will be kept strictly confidential. We're just hoping to find a few people who are interested in sharing.

If interested, please email [email protected]

Thanks

JustSheila

Crusader

RMP88,

If one were interested and sent you a PM, would you then provide a proper website with a direct email address from a company we would recognize?

Or is that gmail address the only contact point and information you have or are willing to provide?

I would not encourage any Newly Out to contact someone who will provide nothing more than a gmail address. (Caution, Newbs!)

strativarius

This is most peculiar! RMP88's OP has disappeared, and now db's post is #1.

Is it just me seeing this?

There's no sign of his OP in the 'new threads' section either. Again, is it just me?

I'm not implying any CT here, it's just odd, that's all.

JustSheila

Crusader

There there Strati. :console: I see it too, it's okay. No flashback. Your eyesight is fine. RPM must be Oatee or something is all. :coolwink:

rmp88

Yes, more information will be shared with people who contact us through that email.

RMP88,

If one were interested and sent you a PM, would you then provide a proper website with a direct email address from a company we would recognize?

Or is that gmail address the only contact point and information you have or are willing to provide?

I would not encourage any Newly Out to contact someone who will provide nothing more than a gmail address. (Caution, Newbs!)

JustSheila

Crusader

RMP88,

Yes, more information will be shared with people who contact us through that email.

Oh, that's okay then. We all love giving out our email addresses to strangers so they can share information with us that we have no idea what we are being sent. :eyeroll:

I'm being facetious. You have not answered my questions. Instead, you are talking AROUND my questions in an attempt to divert attention from them.

I included my questions again just in case you had a misunderstood word or something. Try again. Clay demo if needed.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

rmp88 said:

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but what do you mean by "leaving Scientology"? For most people it's not a discrete event that takes place on a single date but a process of longer or shorter duration. If someone is leaving Scientology staff, that process can take months or years (it took me about 6 months from the day I said I wanted to leave the Sea Org to actually making it out of the door able to choose where I would go next). And I still considered myself a Scientologist for several years after that, although I was persona non grata in the CofS proper.

A public Scientologist might become more and more disaffected with the CofS or the subject of Scientology and gradually reduce his/her involvement over years. There may come a point where he/she is "declared Suppressive" by the CofS, in which case there should be an official document (an Ethics Order) published by the CofS, which does have a specific date on it, and all Scientologists in good standing are supposed to shun this person totally ("disconnection") from that point on. But sometimes this is only threatened, and sometimes it is done verbally and the person never really knows if they are declared or not.

You don't have to answer my question.

Anyway, good luck.

Paul

rmp88

Not sure what happened. After editing the original post to include an email address. It has disappeared for me as well. I assure everyone this isn't spam.

This is most peculiar! RMP88's OP has disappeared, and now db's post is #1.

Is it just me seeing this?

There's no sign of his OP in the 'new threads' section either. Again, is it just me?

I'm not implying any CT here, it's just odd, that's all.

strativarius

There there Strati. :console: I see it too, it's okay. No flashback. Your eyesight is fine. RPM must be Oatee or something is all. :coolwink:

There's no need to patronise me JS, there must be a rational explanation.

JustSheila

Crusader

I assure everyone this isn't spam.

For some reason, reading your assurances isn't the least bit reassuring. If it sounds like SPAM, writes like SPAM, responds like SPAM and requests your email address like SPAM...

:hmm:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

For some reason, reading your assurances isn't the least bit reassuring. If it sounds like SPAM, writes like SPAM, responds like SPAM and requests your email address like SPAM...

:hmm:

For Christ's sake Sheila, stop being a bitch.

Paul

Lone Star

Crusader

I assure you we are a reputable American TV production company. We've produced over 130 hours of programming for networks like TLC, Lifetime and Discovery. I understand this isn't an easy task and most people might not want to tell their story. But, some people might be willing to share for the greater good and to have their story out in the world. I understand that this is a sensitive time for many people, and we will handle it with care. All information at this point will be kept strictly confidential. We're just hoping to find a few people who are interested in sharing.

If interested, please email [email protected]

Thanks

Why are you not giving the name of your production company? If it has really done programming for TLC, Lifetime, and Discovery then there's no need to be so mysterious.

I don't think anyone is going to send you an email unless you state who you are and give a resume' of programs you have done.

Oh, and a valid website for your company.

strativarius

Of course there is! I thought you were joking! You misread my tone and I misread yours.

So, you didn't understand my post? Perhaps this will clarify things:

verb
verb: patronise
treat with an apparent kindness which betrays a feeling of superiority.
synonyms:treat condescendingly, treat with condescension, condescend to, look down on, talk down to, put down, humiliate, treat like a child, treat as inferior, treat with disdain, treat scornfully/contemptuously, be snobbish to, look down one's nose at